Charlotte, NC Ex Dragon Results

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Feraligatr, Nov 17, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

What a great time !!! Thanks to Underground Games for hosting the event and thanks to all the players for coming !!! Also special thanks to the players from Virginia and Ohio who came to the event !!! A nice turnout of 26 players compared to the last NC Pre-Release (Ruby & Sapphire) that had about 13. See results by age group below. Can't wait till the next Pre-Release !!!

Also there was an interesting surprise during the deck building when some players got cards not listed on the deck sheet (Numbers 98-100 of a 97 card set):

98 - Charmander
    99 - Charmeleon
    100 - Charizard

10 & Under
    ------------
    Kevin Ramsey
    Noah Rozelle
    Nathan Cuddy
    Adam Rozelle
    Jesse Rodriguez

11-14
    -------
    Peter Ruarski
    Zach Cuddy
    Michael Barlock
    Joseph Cress
    Michael Reynolds
    Michael Russell
    Aaron Rozelle
    BJ Kozak
    William Vaughn

15+
    ----
    Jim Ferrel
    Sam Roach
    Jacob Burt
    Lori Cuddy
    Miller Li
    Stephanie Barlock
    Linda Black
    David Russell
    Jim Trenner
    Ben Thompson
    Denise Barlock
    Nick Goble

Winning Deck Combos
    ----------------------
    Flygon/Vibrava/Magneton
    Flygon/Salamance/Vibrava/Ninjask
    Salamance/Torkoal/Combusken
    Magneton/Gyarados/Minun/Plusle
    Salamance/Gyarados/Seadra
    Crawdaunt/Flygon/Magneton
    Crawdaunt/Salamance/Flygon/Vibrava/Gyarados
    Salamance/Grovyle/Ninjask/Swellow

2. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

3. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

4. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

I had soooooo much fun at the event and over the weekend. It was a blast!!

~Gymbo

5. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

I am now finding out about Underground Games having an EX: Dragon prerelease tournament also. If I had known sooner, some of us upstate South Carolina players could have showed up. If Underground Gmaes has another Pokémon prerelease, I hope to make it.

Congratulations to all the participants and winners!

6. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

BoDragon sorry you just found out about it. We were hoping to see SC this past Saturday. Can you email me at jockeyridge@yahoo.com and I will make sure to shoot you an email for the next one. Thanks!!!

7. TeamBlackthorn

TeamBlackthorn New Member

I'm glad to see we had a decent turnout. Wish we had a larger turnout kind of like the Gym Challenge but I suppose it will rise back up into those numbers when more people start getting into the game for the first time or getting back into it after quitting for a while. It was so great to see everyone again and even meet some new people, you know who you are *Jake;Jim*. Can't wait to see what happens when the actual season starts up around January/February/March. Ok so I don't know when exactly but hoping it will happen very very soon. Yet again it was good to see everyone and from my view it looked like everyone had a great time which I am of course happy to see. I personally loved the day. I might have found out that I totally suck at limited but I had the best time. And any comments that I made about never playing limited again is of course a lie. I will play limited events in the future if offered to me. I found it fun,exhillerating, and teasing as I got to rethink my strategies in a different way. Thank you Jeff for running the tournament. Thank you UnderGround Games for holding the tournament-I am glad to see that there are still stores and owners left in North Carolina that aren't biased and hateful towards us Pokemon players. And finally I want to thank every single player that came out on Saturday. If you had not come out we would not have had the tournament. So thank you for showing support for the North Carolina Tournament Circuit. I very much appreciate everything from everyone. Thank you again so much.
    -The Future Olympic Fencer
    ~Nick Goble