Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cheap Flights and Accommodation for Worlds? Is there anything?

Jangrafess

Hi guise.

I may well be accompanying Luke (The Machampion) to Worlds as his legal guardian and we need advice and help and lots of it. I'm 18, he's 14, so it's quite legal (as I understand it) for me to take that position. Luke finished 2nd in UK Nats, Senior Division and so according to the POP site he's due $1000 scholarship money. Here:

United Kingdom Nationals
Event United Kingdom Nationals
Event Date June 7, 2008
Worlds Invitations With Paid Travel Expenses
Winner
Without Paid Travel Expenses
2nd-3rd
Scholarship Awards 1st Place $1,500.00
2nd Place $1000.00
3rd Place n/a
4th Place n/a
5th-Top 8 n/a

Looks fairly comprehensive to me.

Anyway, we're looking around for how to get the two of us over there at the moment and we've found the Orlanda Days Inn International hotel which looks decent at £97 (about $200, I think). Here's a screenshot of said hotel, because you can't link through to a search directly... http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1241/dfsgdgfk2.png

Now we need to know about flights and things in order to actually get us there.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with lots of happy fluffy love and shiny things. (Got the previous incarnation of this post deleted for offering other things.)

As things stand we've found a hotel for about $140 for three nights, if we leave late on the 17th. The best flights I've found will cost us a good $1600.

This, as you can tell, is slightly over budget. I doubt we can raise the extra $740 before we'd be able to book the cheap flights, so we really need assistance!

Well I don't know about flights, but I (Jonathan Cowley, second place UK Nationals) am staying in a hotel which Is only 365£ a night. I don't know if this is really good though or really bad...

Donezator

THREE SIX FIVE POUNDS A NIGHT? OH MY, that is massive........so it would be too expensive.

Our place is £97 for four days. :) Thanks though and have fun there.
At the moment it does look like I won't be going although there's an outside chance that another site I'm a member of is going to sponsor me if I advertise for them while I'm there. That'd leave Luke to his own cash and we could both go along happily.

I finally booked flights for my son and myself from San Francisco to Orlando. I used miles for 1 free ticket and paid $393.99 for the second ticket. Both trips are round trip and direct. I was looking at other, non direct flights at $811 each. I was so incredibly stoked when I got the flights taken care of cheaply!

As our new flight adds a day to our stay, I called the Choice Hotels reservation line to modify our hotel reservation. Our 11 nights at the Rodeway Inn-Maingate in Kissimmee, 6.34 miles from the Hilton, will now run only $396.11 tax included (our price for 11 nights is actually cheaper than my original 10 night reservation)!

Last edited:
Back