Chicago Proposed CC Deck....Tired of Electic

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by meganium45, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK, I do not like Electric, and never have....

so I want some criticism of one of my options for Chicago CC this weekend...

Down Aphy Down....

Poke (21)

4 Hitmonchan EX
    4 Absol
    4 Skyridge Rhyhorn
    3 Skyridge Rhydon
    3 Skitty
    3 Delcatty

NRG (17)

13 Fighting Energy
    4 Darkness Energy

Trainers

4 TV Reporter
    4 Copycat
    2 NRG Restore
    2 Crystal Shard (Die Dragons Die)
    2 NRG Restore
    1 Town Vol
    2 Fast Balls
    1 Briney
    2 Nurse
    2 Warp Point

Seems to work all right. Goal is to get a big hand, get them to Cat, and then Absol for destriction. Absol helps with Garde a bit. With all the colorless and Electric out there, Hitmonchan may get me a few first turn wins against lone mareeps, Ziggs or skittys

Rhydon is just a big bulky hitter that is hard to move. Against a Lighting deck, he really becomes a force....Was debating between him and golem, like the stage 1.

Let me know what you think....this is not my secret deck, but one of my other ideas in the era of fighting weak pokes/

Meganium45

2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

i really dont think this will be able to compete with anything else besides amphy, hitting 100 in a blaze deck is a joke, hitting 100 in a gardy deck is a joke, and thats where ur poke's hp top at, sure ull do great vs amphy, but what about everything else? especially gardy since it is still tooo popular and overrated IMO. so if ur meta is full of amphy's and the CC will be all amphy decks, this should work, but i believe it wont be so, i dont think this deck stands a chance vs blazi or gardy.

3. evilcaturne666

evilcaturne666 New Member

i agree also this will nothing besides kill amphy its will do nothing against other decks. the way i play mine i mite still have a chance aginst fighting.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

hmmm, if you are gonna 4 Hitmon EX, run 4 Strength Charm, trust me, screws alot of decks on first turn if active is Sparce or Azurill. Drop all 4 energy restorer's (the first 2 and second 2)

Second, to be competitive, I wouldnt play Rhydon/Rhyhorn. Put in a Water stage 1, like Wailord. then trade off at least 2 Absols for at least 2 Wobbuffets. That will be more competitive, IMO.

-1/1 from Catty, to get 2 Wynaut or Dunsparce

16 NRG is ok, now just make them 4 Multi/Rainbow, and 6 of each Fighting and Water... leaving 1 Card.

now drop 1 more card, dont know which, and add in 1 Town Volunteers, and 1 Fisherman. A second Fisherman if you need too (alot of NRG draws?).

Then if your goal is anti Amphy EX, add in 2 Pokeparks some where...

5. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Everyone that has posted before me is right, you may have a complete counter to Amphy here but you wont beat anything else, and i DOUBT that everyone will play Ampharos. Why not play Rhydon/Wailord and at least have a Counter to Blaze/Ray because the way the deck looks right now you stand no chance vs. Blaze Ray=\

tA

6. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

vince i'm just not going to comment on this........

*shakes head in shame* :D

well i think an all fighting deck is no bueno so just do what everyone else told you

*continues shaking head*

7. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK, I am going to try it then with my other favorite fighting poke, Skyridge Machamp, up the absol count to 3, lower the Delcatty to 2-2, drop the Rhyhorn line, and try to take advantage that way...

Be nice Scotty, I can make this work...

Meganium45

8. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Vince, SK Machamp is ok, but its not good enough imo. The first attack is cool, but it doesn't do enough damage, and it'll need to be hitting t2 to work decently. Also, you HAVE to switch using the first attack, as it doesn't say 'may'. bleh. >_<

Golem DR/Golem ex is muuuuuch more solid and it works against many other decks. 160hp is beastly, and its attack hits your bench, powering up the dragon golem. Either that or the Exp Golem that won't take dmg from the bench dmg (i think). Though I'm more fond of the DR golem.

The version I ran a while ago dominates Ampy (obviously) but also put up a fight vs. Blaze/Ray and the like. Run a few Crystal Shard and oracles in it, and u beat blaze/ray I think. Boosts work nice, but my version ran Furret, and I really didn't use it all that much. Spectreon recommended to me to play Delcatty/magneton with the Golems, and that seems like a good idea, though I never got around to test it. You backup your water weakness, and get the benefit of infinite Catty. Make sure you max out on Dunsparce or something and it can work.

I really think Golem is the best way to go with fighting pokes. ALso, hitmonchan ex is a joke unless u run it with charms and get heads and all that. Its too situational imo. Sure, it hurts sparce ok, but eh... I dunno. One SnR and they're set. If you go 2nd, its not too important to kill it right away and have this 90hp guy sitting there doing 10-20, as you won't load it up when you've got more important things to load.

Hope this helps you, even if we did just change up the deck's theme and such, but I really think its for the better. Good luck at Chicago, Vince.

9. Bigpoppabeatdown

10. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

Wasting your time!

Hey meg45.... I have seen you post some really good stuff. I have payed close attention to what you have said. Your decks and opinion are highly regarded in chicago.

BUT, what are you thinking here?

do you honestly think that the metagame in chicago is electric? I have played here for the last 4 years and never played anyone who ran a ELECTRIC only deck. they would be crazy.

the current metagame here is simple>>>> GARDY. and ANTI-GARDY. either you love it or hate it. I mysely hate it. Will (thedeuce) ran an amphy deck in Wisconsin on day 2. It was easily defeated by too many different decks. None of which were Fighting only decks!

I do like the Golem better than the rhydon. I have seen it work, and it is hard to bring down.

If you do decide to play that deck as shown..... My prayers are with you! lol :D

see you saturday,
    jimmy

11. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

I noticed at the two CC's in WI that some of the dragon decks were running Areodactyl to counter crystal shards so I would run Ditto. IMO he is the perfect counter for the colorless weakness' + you increase your basic count and he can come in handy in alot of other situations.

12. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey, Cacturne. Saying that the deck will do "nothing against other decks" isn't very productive. Why do you think Meganium posted his deck. If your answer was, "I'm sure he wants people insulting his ideas," then your answer is:

WRONG!

Down Aphy Down....

Poke (20)

2 Hitmonchan EX
    2 Absol
    4 Geodude
    4 Graveler
    1 Golem EX
    3 Golem Expedition
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty

NRG (17)

13 Fighting Energy
    4 Darkness Energy

Trainers (23)

4 TV Reporter
    4 Copycat
    2 Crystal Shard (Die Dragons Die)
    3 Strength Charm (Spec is right, go with it)
    3 NRG Restore
    3 Fan Club
    2 Briney
    2 Warp Point

There you go, Meg45. Try the deck out and see how it does. Golem and Golem EX are forces to be reconned with. The Shard, ah...I'd reduce it to one is I was you and throw in another Hitmonchan EX or F nrg, but I'm not sure how much Dragons (like Sal and Ray) are played in your area. Keep up the good work.

13. Bigpoppabeatdown

yeah don't bother posting if all you are going to do is rip the deck and not give a fix

don't worry, next time i see him, i'll slap him upside the head anyways........

but if u go with golem use pat's idea, it seems to look nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.