China's Shenzhou V spacecraft

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Gyarados vision, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Gyarados vision

Gyarados vision New Member

Discuss about your views towards the launching of China's spacecraft here.

2. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

I've never heard of this. If you're going to make a topic for people to discuss something you might want to say something about it yourself.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yes. Please give your views first.
    You did a similar thing with the dog topic, but there at least you didn't have a dog so it could be seen as a request for info about how dog owners feel.

Here, you have as much (or more) of an opinion as anyone. As Mr Grass notes, a lot of people (including me) aren't even aware of this.
    Fill us in.

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

What will Mewtwo do without you?

6. Gyarados vision

Ok I'll give my view.
    China had prepared for this for a period of over ten years. The official had chosen the first batch of astronaut, but they haven't make it. After that, China launched Shen Zhou I, Shen Zhou II, Shen Zhou III and Shen Zhou IV. These four spacecraft was sent to conduct a series of experiment.

The second batch of astronaut consisits of 14 people, but the official denied to reveal who is going to be launched into space. Maybe they choose the astronaut last minute.

Shenzhou V will be lauched using a rocket named CZ-2F(Long March 2F in English). The rocket is the best rocket in China, and was used several times. The launching platform is located in a Gobi Desert.

The spacecraft consists of 3 capsule, each are known as orbiter capsule, returning capsule and "engine" capsule respectively. Only the returning capsule returns to earth, and the orbiter capsule will be leaved in space to conduct experiment. Not only human are launched, this space flight also carries some plant seeds for experiment.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Long March, indeed!

8. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Maybe when they set foot on the moon they can finally settle the issue that SOME conspiracy theorist have:

We never landed on the moon.

That is assuming we don't lend them the same SET used in 1968. :p

*Long Range Missile Technology?

9. Gyarados vision

Mission success!

The last minute astronaut is Yang LiWei, a fighter jet pilot. I'll give further news later. The victorious take off becomes a headline in the Chinese newspapers in my area.

10. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Aw man, it was so obvious.

SPY photographs...

11. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

man i dunno. i was laughing when i heard about it. (with all due respect)

I was like...are they for real? I mean its a pretty great accomplishment but man...bad timing. the US has gotten to the point where we dont really see space missions as such a big deal as opposed to my dad's generation. He said that during school they rolled in TV so everyone could watch THE launch.

*hums*we went to the mooooon in 1969, thats when they made a landing that was luuuuunaaaaaar!*end humming*

12. Gyarados vision

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003