Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

chompZ (need help with g-chomp and pory-z)

indokid

i want to make a garchomp and porygon-z deck
where i run both in de decck
but i dont have the right build for it
pachi vs smeargle?
should i run claydol?
any sugestion would be appriciated.

In my porygonZ deck I run claydol along with all the porygon2's. It pretty much ensures you have whatever you want by T3 and I really mean whatever. Let's you cycle through cards for proper energy as well. Claydol is useful in getting the porygon2's out as well. Make sure there are a bunch of supporters so you can make use of porygon2's download ability.

Pachi runs better than smeargle if claydol is there just because of the naturally cyclic nature of the deck.

Night maintance or Energy restores might be useful if you find yourself wasting lots of energy cards (which you do if you use porygonZ more than garchomp)
Energy Search thins the deck and gets you an energy of the type you want, so that maybe worth looking into. Some people don't like that it doesn't really "do" anything if you already have the energy you need. I personally like it since thinning the deck is something you'll want to do when you're running claydol so you have a better chance of getting things you actually want.

Lake boundry is generally implied with porygonZ so I won't say anymore.

I don't have much experiance in the garchomp realm but gabite isn't as useful as porygon2 so you'll probably be rare candying gibles.

I tried this once before (4-3-4 Garchomp and 3-3-2 Porygon lines), didn't work too well. Even if you get Porygon2 set up for your draw engine, Garchomp still requires 3 turns to set up, and the deck overall seemed slow. Z in this deck is much more of a cheap attacker for your Porygon2 later on when you're stalling for a Garchomp to be ready. Just my thoughts.

Garchomp has no synergy with Porygon-Z.

Both need many different types of basic energy, but this doesn't mean that they do well together.
They also can be countered in one strike. Battle Frontier hurts both Garchomp and Porygon-Z, as well as anything that cancels weakness.

Porygon needs energy recovery that works with all types of energy (Magneton, Plusle).
Garchomp needs energy acceleration (Togekiss, Weavile).

So you want to play a deck with Garchomp, Porygon, Togekiss and maybe even Magneton?

Back