Chu-bacca.dec (Raichu/Electivire)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Luxatos, Dec 10, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

At my city championship, I decided to build and play a new deck that I had never played before, just to surprise people. Amazingly, I got top 4 with it, but I think it could use some improvement.

22 Pokemon

4x Stantler
    3x Elekid DF
    3x Electabuzz DF
    2x Electivire DP
    1x Electivire SW
    1x Electivire Lv.X
    3x Pikachu MT
    3x Raichu MT
    1x Holon's Castform
    1x Deoxys ex

14 Energy

11x Lightning Energy
    2x Warp Energy
    1x Cyclone Energy

24 Trainer/Supporters

2x Holon Mentor
    3x Roseanne's Research
    4x Celio's Network
    4x Team Galactic's Wager
    3x Windstorm
    4x PlusPower
    1x Professor Birch
    1x Night Maintenance
    1x Time-Space Distortion
    1x Energy Recycle System

The main strategy is to use Stantler in the early game to search for Mentor/Roseanne to get a Riachu and evolved Electabuzzes out. Electabuzz's PokePower helps get set up faster by drawing an extra card each turn, and also helps dull the pain of losing a Wager or being victimized by a Mars. Hopefully by the time Stantler is gone, you have a Raichu ready to spread Energy all over the place, and attack if he needs to. Electivire DP is the main attacker, and with a single PlusPower can knock out Blissey, Garchomp... just about anything in one shot. After he discards energies (hopefully 3, if he had a Cyclone or Warp Energy attached) he can just pull them off other Pokemon to recharge fast. Electivire SW works with the DP one to get energies back after they're discarded for the attack. And Electivire Lv.X is just awesome at making your opponent think about whether they want to attach an energy or not.

Deoxys ex is in there specifically to go against Lucario Lv.X, since Fastwave gets through Stance, and OHKO's him with a PlusPower. Plus in this deck, it's quick. If you suspect your opponent is about to level up his Lucario, you can Roseanne for the Deoxys, and a lightning energy, and then use Raichu to charge him up the rest of the way.

I used the DF Elekid for a couple reasons: The "better" weakness of the DP Elekid doesn't make up for the fact that they still get OHKO'ed by Riolu. And I figured that if I had to attack with it, it would be more useful to have a way to snipe the opponent's bench than to have yet another way to search for energies in a deck that already has plenty of ways. Plus, it can still hit an active Blissey for 40

Cards I considered putting in, but didn't:

Pichu PK can search for a lightning Pokemon (Pikachu, Raichu, Electivires) and when it's evolved, Pikachu can get lightning energies out of the discard pile. Pichu d, however, can take energies directly from the discard pile (even special energies) and attach them to, say, Electabuzz or Elekid.

Energy Restore would be good for getting energies out of the discard pile, but I figured Energy Recycle System would work better and have more synergy with Raichu.

Crystal Beach and Energy Removal 2 would be good in conjunction with Electivire Lv.X's Poke-Body. Plus, if I have Holon's Castform attached, it doesn't get discarded for Electivire's attack if Crystal Beach is in play. Then I can Windstorm it if I need the Castform to provide 2 lightning.

Switch or Warp Point would be nice because of Electivire's retreat cost of 3.

However, as anyone knows, there are some things you can't put in a deck no matter how much you want to, because of the 60-card limit. So... any ideas on how to improve it? Its particular pain is obviously fighting-type decks, which is why I put Deoxys ex in, but there must be something else I can do to improve its chances.

2. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

1 Ray Ex d (DF) can help spell fighting decks a bit as well, since it has no weakness. You can also fully charge Ray up with a single Raichu attack.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Ooh, this deck is so much fun...

First off, I'm not too fond of starters in this deck. You rarely have problems setting up once you pull a Roseanne's or Holon Mentor. RARELY. Also, it slows down Raichu, which removes his most useful attack period w/ Explosive Thunder (turns 2-4), and lowers amount of time he has to use Electromagnetic Induction.

Pichu PK is golden. Riolu donks it, but the ability to get a second Celio's per turn makes it much better then any other Pichu. Additionally, Pikachu MT's power to get energy out of the discard lets Electivire SW Motor Drive an energy back, attach lightning from hand (Via Pikachu), then discard 2 energy for his Discharge attack. How? You have a Scramble/Cyclone attached to provide the 3rd energy (which doesn't need to be discarded if it's colorless).
    Speaking of Electivires, I feel like your count is backwards. Electivire SW is amazing for recovering from lone Electabuzz starts (OBVIOUSLY terrible) and sets up the LV.X perfectly, while Electivire DP should really be considered a tech to seal the opponent by dealing surprise 120 damage. That's just my play style though, as I like the ability to recover multiple lightning energy in a turn. If 2 DP works for you, great. Certainly keep at least 1 of every Electivire though.

I personally like having ~16 energy, but that's just me. :/ Might be a tad excessive, but Iono if 14's enough. Certainly Scramble and Cyclone energy are vital, while Warp Energy is... Cute, but not as effective as Cyclone.

Windstorm is inferior to Warp Point and Cyclone energy. Electivire LV.X doesn't want tools discarded, he wants them on the bench (so you can use powers for the turn). Once it hits the bench, you can use Pulse Barrier to remove them permenantly.

I don't like having to flip, thus I never play Energy Restore System, and I feel like you ought to run enough draw/search to make Night Maintenance about as good as Time-Space Distortion. The only pokemon you're usually pulling back with TSD would be an Electivire SW and LV.X, both of which need Electabuzz to work. Thus, why would a Night Maintenance to ensure the pulling back of all 3 not be good? Especially since it also can set the 3 energy back in deck for Raichu to attach at the same time (can be useful, depending on how fast you're blitzing energy with Raichu).

I do commend you on the Deoxys EX tech though... Hadn't even thought of that for combatting fighting decks (Luckily, the only fighting decks in my area are Gallade, not Lucario. The bad news is that Deoxys is still not that great against Gallade... :/), though the few matches I've had against Lucario/Blissey, a well timed Warp Point or Cyclone Energy throws them WAY off, for knocking away Stance and Cessation Crystals. Not sure if it's needed (as a 2 prize EX ought to be avoided when not needed), but it is certainly inventive and great against decks not named Magmortar (OW, Fire Ball Bazooka -> Flame Bluster...)

4. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Energy Recycle System doesn't require a flip, it can put 3 energies back in the deck OR 1 in your hand. Like Pokemon Retrieval for energy.

I can see what you're saying about Warp Energy being unnecessary... more often than not I'm putting it on a benched Pokemon because I don't want to switch. And I can see why Windstorm is inferior to Warp Point and Cyclone Energy, since the only thing that it gets rid of that the others don't would be Holon Legacy, which sees little to no play anymore. Thanks for the tips!

5. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

-2 Stantler
    + 1-1 Raichu

Deoxys ex?

6. Flygon

Flygon New Member

Deoxys Ex is used to counter Lucario LvX. If you would have read Luxatos post you would have known that.

Take out Birch it hust isnt good. I would use a Raichu from Power Keepers. 100 damage and can get an energy back to attach to itself.

Btw what is your match-up vs Lucario/Empoleon?

7. Rai

Birch is a good card... In a deck with the Trainer Engine. With a more supporter and Power of Evolution backed draw engine, you want Galactic's Wager more then you want Birch (You really should RARELY be under 6 cards in hand, and you often want to put energy back into the deck while abusing your opponent) . Thus... Birch isn't good in this deck.

I don't really like Raichu PK myself, just because of that 70 HP. Raichu MT can do 90 damage for 3 lightning energy on him, which is basically the exact same thing as PK's attack (not many pokemon have 100 compared to 90 HP. Now 80 to 90 is quite a bit of a difference, but... 100's not going to KO many pokemon that much faster), but with better weakness, better first attack, and more HP. I suppose you COULD Scramble for 100 damage, but isn't that what Electivire is for?

8. Flygon

Flygon New Member

What scramble smart guy.

9. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

I recently posted a similar deck, with the most recent version being "Help with an Electivire Deck before Cities." I subsequently played in a Cities tournament on December 8th and it was a disappointing 2-3 (one of the losses was on time and I was in the process of making a comeback). I did, however, find that the Rayquaza ex works great with this combination especially with its Pokebody and lack of resistance. Questions for other forum members in regards to RaiVire decks:

1. How do you combat the dreaded Absol?

2. How do you powere up fast enough to defeat Blissey decks?

3. Does a Sableye (CG) tech with disable really work against Blissey?

4. I never faced one but we saw a lot of Gardevoir/Gallade decks at Cities--how do you think RaiVire would do against that deck type?

In any event, even if not's the champion, it's a very fun lively deck--enjoy playing it!

10. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I don't really care about the deck. AWESOME NAME!!!

11. bugsbite

bugsbite New Member

I went 2-2 with it at my last CC, Lost to a kricket and an absol/Gardevoir/Gallade (Vile Minds).

Mew's, sableye CG and luck on T1 and T2.

Ummmm....don't know.

I'm 0/2 against, it's weakness is fighting after all.

It will not win with the present set up.

12. Rai

Don't ask me, you're the one who suggested Raichu PK. A card that's inferior in every way to Raichu MT unless you play Scramble (which this list... Doesn't.). ://

1. Absol without Cessation Crystal is less of a problem for this deck then it would be for others. You DO have Electabuzz d to help you, and Raichu MT doesn't pull energies from hand. If anything, it's just biding time for you to use Electromagnetic Induction on your own pokemon. The problem is just getting Raichu to hit the table. Heck, you can even KO it quickly with Electro-Inductioning onto the active Raichu, then attaching a Lightning energy somehow (Via Pikachu's power, maybe?) to Raichu, then Knockout. You could also play a Pluspower instead of the Lightning Energy. Point is, Raichu makes this a lot easier. Now can Raichu survive the next pokemon to come up? That... Might not always be the case.

2. Blissey decks? I'd imagine so most of the time. Early Holon Mentors and Roseanne's Researches are key. The LV.X's body gives Blissey headaches without their Cessation Crystal, and the same crystal can screw them over with Pulse Barrier. As you might expect, having the wrong prizes can make this near impossible, but other then that...

3. Sableye is amazing. Except against the Blissey swarms. Early game though, this might be all you need. I mean, if it gives Meganium d/Crobat a chance to at least pretend it can set up, what about a deck that actually has a strategy?

4. This one, I actually can give you a fairly good answer for. You lose. Pretty badly. You have to use Supporters early on to set up (IE: Roseanne's Research, Celio's Network). They really only need to play a DRE (and take the 20 damage once) before wreaking havoc. They can shut your powers off, while keeping thier own active. They OHKO all of your main hitters with ease (Gallade). You don't even have any easy OHKOs on Gallade (at least Garde's easy to kill... Until it levels up). Simply put, you lose.
    Now... Would the Deoxys tech help? 100 damage to the LV.X Gardevoir still isn't KO... Neither is 80 to Gallade... Huh... I still don't see things looking good for you.
    ((And yes, Garde's pretty much the reason I don't play this deck anymore. ;_;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.