City Championship Application Deadline Extended to January 15th

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by mysterioustrainer, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

If you go over to http://op.pokemon-tcg.com you will notice that POP is allowing further applications to be submitted for the upcoming City Championships. Also the first two weedends of March are now avalable to host a City Championship.

2. killa_project

killa_project New Member

good thing that they did this because a deadline that was in December is just plain stupid.

3. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

They say that its been overwhelming support for the City Champs signups, but I'm not so sure.

If they had so many applicants, why did they extend the deadline? I think they didn't have enough so they're trying to pull more in before the events start.

4. killa_project

killa_project New Member

they made the deadline in December. The most rush part time of the year. They did this because people weren't able to get into contact with the stores because of how busy they are. I know thats the deal in Chattanoga and for the most part, probably the rest of the US.

5. Cooltrainer Aaron

Personally I think that's a stretch. No offense.

6. Cooltrainer Aaron

Question. *raises finger*

Since the City Champs tournament dates have also been pushed back, will the new set release also be pushed back? Or will it stay as it or in early March?

7. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

The deadline could have been extended for several reasons:

1. Too many people interested, conflicted days, needed more time in March to even things out.

2. Pokemon USA Inc. is on winter vacation.

If not enough people signed up, they would not have extended the days to hold a City Championship.
    -Phil

8. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Frankly, I am offended by this.

We (PTOs) were harped on and harped on to get our apps in by the deadline. I actually took off of work to do a part of it. There was no hint of extension, it was get in or be left out.

Now, yeah, and extension, but I hope there is some bonus for those of us who met their initial deadline, or else how seriously can we take their "drop dead" deadlines in the future.

At least I can look to perhaps run a few more events at other close venues.

Meganium45

I know, I know, we have to do what is good for the game. Realize the I, like most other PTOs have jobs that take priority over this game, and I was basically forced to do what needed to be done to get them in on time.

9. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Be glad you have the change to organize anything, sorry but you are complaining about something we would love to have.

I understand that it's difficult when you see a deadline being changed after you rushed, but look on the other side.
    Pokemon TCG is growing in the USA and that's good. More players means more challenge.

10. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Just to let you know this announcement was already made under Tournaments and Organized Play yesterday......

11. Cooltrainer Aaron

So??? I don't think it really belongs there unless there are actual tournaments being announced. It's best up here because no Tournaments have been announced left. But then again, I'm no moderator, so if they keep it there and gets no messages, sorry but this one has taken all the media.

12. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

The dates for the City Championship events have not been pushed back. Its just the avalablity for weedends have been extended. Production of the Pokemon Cards should have nothing to do with Pokemon Organized Play so I would say such dates would remain the same. Overall some of you guys need to cool off, because I serously doubt that this is a sort of bad sign that things aren't going very well, otherwise they wouldn't have said that they got an overwhelming responce from this.

13. Cooltrainer Aaron

And what about the Prerelease of the next set, with those extra days for the City Champs, when are they gonna fit in the March Prerelease?

14. killa_project

killa_project New Member

Well its possible that they could keep the dates the same throughout all of the months.

15. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

It will stay early March. PUI will make sure that no City Championships are on the same day of the Prerelease in the same area to advoid them running at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.