City Championship Ideas

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SuperSaiyanEevee, Jan 25, 2004.

1. SuperSaiyanEevee

SuperSaiyanEevee New Member

I've been thinking of some ideas for City Championships lately, mostly rogue ones, if I do well I dont wanna do it with something like Blaze/Tails :p So, here are some ideas I have, suggestions on what to play them with is appreciated :)

ex Blastoise/Wobby: I've been testing this and it's an ok deck, beat Gardy, almost won against Blaze/Tails, and beat some other random decks XD Slow Starts but good endgame if I can get Blastoise out. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7 =/

SK Beedrill/Wobby: Haven' tried it out but it should do decent, annoying too. Only trouble I can see is against BAR, Beedrill is an easy kill but if you can Para/Poison it's pretty hard to beat. I really like Beedrill cuz it's fast and reliable but like I said, low HP. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it 8.5 ;)

ex Gengar/Shedinja: :clap: Thanx Truk for the idea :clap: Nice combo, 40 Damage and switch for Shedinja, sorta like Donphan/Babies but a lil less powerful. Also Gengar has the Curse Power when your opponent is ahead in prizes. Only problem is Shedinja has a retreat but if you can tech in Magneton or something it might work. When I get more Shedinja I'll test this out.

~Eevee

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

SSE, you're wise in aiming for Gengar AND Shedinja. I've played around with the slightly popular Shed/Wobs, and a Gengar/Magby variant, but BOTH together is a darn-good idea. Best of all is that Gengar OHKO's Wobbuffet! I seriously think you should go with this, as it's absolute stall, only with an extra punch or two

I give my regards to you and TRUK. Perhaps I'll even play a bit with the idea? ;)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  3. SuperSaiyanEevee

Thanx, I wanna make it and test it out but I dont have enough Shedinja yet, I might if I get the Shedinjas use it for my leagues 90 HP limit tourney ;) Thanx for the comments

~Eevee

4. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

I thought of that deck too! :) But I dont have enough gengars... only one :mad:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  5. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

One that I personally like, is Gardy/ex/Tentacruel. I know what ur gonna say, "That's cheep, using Gardy". It might be, but it requires a lot more strategy and planning than the regular GardyWobb that everyone likes playing so much. Also, it has an amazing amount of power, especially once Cruel gets up and running. It can also get set up pretty quickly, usually I've got at least one Gardy and one Cruel up by turn 3, with another Gardy/Gex being powered up.

6. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

YES! That Gengar and Shedinja combo is the thing I was trying to think of but couldn't figure out. I couldn't remember anything that let you switch after you attack. Anyway, here's what you should do with that deck. Add AQ Espy and Warp energy and you have a nice combo going. Every turn you do 30 or 40 I forget how much it does then switch and you don't get attacked. I have a similar combo with my Slaking deck using AQ Espy and Warps. The only problem is that you can't power anything else up, but that could be good if you play against Gardy ex. Good luck with that deck, I really like it.

7. SuperSaiyanEevee

Thanx for the ideas, I'll try and test this Gengar/Shedinja out as soon as possible but I need some Shedinja so yea :p

~Eevee