City Championship in Windy City Chicago Added Info for Side Events

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Pokedok, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

I would like to invite everyone from Chicago, Indiana, Wisconsin, St. Louis, Michigan and all of the other surrounding states to come and participate in this event, Lets make this the biggest Pokemon Event in recent months.

Windy City Comics
    4051 N Milwaukee Avenue
    Chicago, IL 60641
    (773) 481-0717

February 14, 2004 Valentines Day

Cost: $7.00

Store will be open at 11am and tournament will start at 12pm

The format for this event is modified constructed. Bring your best deck & be prepared to play.
    This is a age modified swiss event with all players in the tournament and using the latest Pokemon rules.

The prize breakdown is as follows:

For each age group -

1st place get 1 box, (36 packs) of Pokemon-e Booster packs, a special City Championship Medallion and a special VIP package when they attend the STATE championship tournament in April.

2nd place gets 1/2 box, (18 packs) of Pokemon-e Booster packs

3rd & 4th place get 1/4 box, (9 packs) each of Pokemon-e Booster packs.

There will also be lots of other prizes to be given away during the event as well. More on that later.

I look forward to seeing you there. Let's make this the largest turnout yet for Pokemon.

Email me with ???'s :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  2. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Meganium45 and his sons will be in the house!!!

I have to play in at least one, and If you have never played in one of Pokedok's events, well, I think he is the second best tourney organizer I know (blush, guess who I think is the first!)

So, you have to go through St. Louis players to win Chicago!!!!

WOOT!

M45

3. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

I talked to the store owner today and the price for the tournament will be $7.00 per player.

I will have new promos and old promos to give out.

Does anybody need the old gym badges from the 2nd year of the league? LMK

If you are planning or you have decided to attend the tournament and would like to pre-register in advance just leave me an email with your full name and POP ID #, this will speed up the registration process.

If you have any other suggestions please leave a post here and will gladly look it over.

Thanks for the PROPS Meganium45 and yes I think your the best tourney organizer I know.

See you guys at the event

4. Dek

Dek New Member

well, so much for that. I dont even have a POP ID#

5. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

Arthas_Zero... If you dont have a POP ID# I can provide you with one just give me your Full Name and Age by Email so I can have them saved into the computer and your POP ID will ready.

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I know that I have a POP ID#, but Sean never gave it to me. You know who I am, right?

7. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

bullados... I know who you are, I talked to Soslo today and He doesnt have them. Perhaps you can try calling pastimes for your POP ID. If not I always have them available. LMK

8. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

I will definitely be there, but I also don't know my POP ID, I assume that got one when I registered to be a professor, if I pre-register, would I have to re-take the professor test?

9. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

TheDeuce... Are you a Registered Professor with Pokemon USA? You should have gotten a 3 digit # from Pokemon USA when theyre asking the Pokemon Professors and Master Professors to sign up. If you dont have a POP ID I can provide you with one leave me an email with your Name and Age and I'll do the rest. LMK

10. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Ya I should be there.

11. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

All of those who are planning on attending the event will need to have their deck list ready prior to the start of the tournament, if you dont have a deck list one will be provided for you at the store. I am also taking preregistration at this time to speed up the process if you would like to preregister please leave me an email with your full name, age and POP ID#, if you dont have a POP ID you will be provided with one just leave me an email.

Windy City Comics will only have Pokemon Tournaments ALL DAY February 14, 2004 as I have confirmed it with the owner so plan on playing the whole day if you feel that you dont have a shot at the championship and would like to drop out you can join the other tournaments that will go on that day. I will sanction the tournaments that you guys would like to have. Just let me know what kind of formats you will like Modified, Unlimited, Draft.... Post your requests here on this thread.

Dont forget to bring all of your different decks from Unlimited, Modified and will even do a Team Tournament Wizards of the Coast Version (will not be sanctioned).

So What do you think? LMK and start planning

ONLY 1 Month Away

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  12. Pooka

Pooka Master Trainer

I might show up... if I can find some cards. I haven't bought anything since the first Nintendo set. -_- I'll try to find some cards and show up, because I know it'll be a fun time. We'll see.

13. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

Pooka... Hes Back.... Hope to see you there!!!

14. Well.....

I will most likely show up....I don't have much of EX Sandstorm and Dragons, but plenty of EX R/S and I'm sure some of you people are willing to trade for them...

See ya

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  15. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

My bro will be there to play! I'll be taggin along but won't play.

16. Pokedok

Pokedok New Member

CharizardMasterTrainer... There will be other people to trade with at the event and remember to have your deck list ready or get it ready at the store. Do you want to preregister? LMK all I need is your Full name, Age and POP ID#, you can send them to me by email.

kingkyle3... I have your brother preregistered for the tournament. LMK if you want to play side tournaments for the day.

To ALL of those people attending the event please let me know if you will be interested in side events and what kind of side events you like to participate in.

17. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

Yeah, sure i'll be able to do a draft

18. Pokedok....

I don't have my ID with me at this time, but I don't think I'll have a problem registering on site, so I'll just stick to registering in person, but thanks anyway.

See ya

19. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

any type of limited would be good for a side tourney, just try and do it sometime other than the main tourney.

BTW, how are you going to find the room in Windy? Are you going to rent out the Theater again?

20. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

no I asked Pokedok that too and he said he would arrange Windy in a way that it would fit 50 people...