City Champs in MASS?

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by GL Mo, Jan 29, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. GL Mo

GL Mo New Member

The listing for the CC Tournaments has the Toys R Us store in Auburn, MASS listed for a
    tournament on 2/19 at 6 pm. I called the store today to see about getting more details and they
    seemed surprised they were listed because they did not have any confirmation from POP on
    their status. They have been listed since the locations were first announced, but strangely, the
    link for more info goes to "Jack & Shellys" in FLA I believe.

Does anyone have any further information about a CC at this location? My league does not have
    the space to host this large an event, so we usually all go to the Milford, MASS events. I would
    like to have some info to pass on to my players at league this weekend. I know the Milford event
    is on 2/21.

Thanks for any help anyone can supply.

2. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

GL Mo - Im glad you posted this because we were planning to attend. It is the week off from school and we were going to drive 2 hrs. to get there. So I would hate to drive there and nothing is going on. I hope someone can confirm within the next week or so that this event will be going on or canceled.

3. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Gut instinct is pokemebob is running this. I was going to call in Feb to find out details but.....

4. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I saw that the CC in Aubrun was at 6PM on a Thursday night. Wouldn't that be a very bad time for them? I also noticed that the website of Jack and Shelly's was based it Florida also... o_O

I will be going to the TJs CC though!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  5. BJJ763

No Feb 19th is School Vacation week for many schools. My boys are on vacation and i'm seriously thinking of taking them to that one. Who knows, someone there might have a RH TV Reporter.....

6. |PoKeY|

|PoKeY| New Member

Dunno

hey, i dunno if i'll be going or not to this one even if it's at TJ's. Usually i get to go to a few here and there. I'm not too happy with my performance there, but I may be able to. I just need a lot of the new cards, since i haven't been playing too much irl since Tj's Tourney in like May or when the tourney was when skyridge like just came out. However, the local league which happens to be like a 15 minute drive is having a tourney, FINALLY, on Feb 14. It's in Londonderry, NH, if you guys want to go, I'll try and inform as I get the information. But really a 15 minute trip is better than a 2 hour trip. But it would be cool to go down there again and see you guys.

7. marril2k

marril2k Member

Hey, there is another league in NH? The only one I see on the locator is the one I run out here in Portsmouth... is your's an official league? I'm running an unsanctioned tournament (... due to the store's request) on February 8th at a convention out here in Portsmouth. If your intrested you can read the info here. If you could get the info on your event that would be cool. I'll see about getting out there to judge if help is needed.

Back on subject, I was also wondering about this other Mass location. I was thinking of seeing if they needed judging staff when I saw it was set up for a 6pm slot... not a good mix for an hour drive plus early wake up call the next day (our vacations don't start till the week after ;) )

-marril

8. Flare Starfire

Flare Starfire New Member

Hey guys. You might know me better as Charwolf, but I think I can shed at least a little light on the situation- in all likelyhood, Bob is running that tournament, because I worked at that Toys R Us right up until last december. Leagues were always held thursday nights and saturday mornings...so it's interesting to see that they want to hold a city championship on a thursday night all of a sudden. I'll have to call Michele and see just what is going on, cause TRU certainly can't support more than 40 people unless they're doin something mighty strange that night... But heck, since I work across the street, if they're holdin, I'm goin!

~Flare, aka Charwolf
    Fire Pokemon Forever!

9. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

CC at TRU Auburn

Hi Gang:

I was holding off posting anything until things are finalized, but rather than let speculation run wild, here's what I have so far...

There will indeed be a City Championship at the Auburn Toys R Us on Thursday, February 19. This is school vacation week. The tournament will start at 6:00pm. We are currently trying to evaluate how many people we can accommodate at the store without too much disruption to their activities. This is one of the last TRU to actively support the Pokemon League, and the first time they are holding anything but a local League session. We don't want to do anything to endanger the League. So please, be patient, and I will post more information as it becomes available.

There will also be a City Championship at TJ Collectibles in Milford on Saturday, February 21 starting at 1:00pm, with a second tournament to follow (format has not been decided yet). Again, more info will follow in the coming days. These are unfortunately the only two CCs in Massachusetts.

:clap: Many thanks to TJ Collectibles and Toys R Us for their support of Pokemon and their local Leagues! :clap:

Thanks for your interest and patience.

Please note: the “Details” link on the POP website for the TRU Tournament is incorrect. They were notified several days ago of this error and asked to remove the link.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  10. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Thanks. Keep us updated Bob.

Thats a lot better than what NY has to offer!!

11. BJJ763

FYI Registration begins at 12 Noon for the CC at TJ's on the 21st!!! Cost is $8.00.

12. Blaze is right. With the gamekeeper closing up and alot of upstate ny areas not supporting pokemon like they used to its good to know massachussets is holding some events. I wish i could go but me im stuck in south jersey for now. If i was back in NY id definitly look into getting a hold of blaze and seeing if i can go with him. :( ohh well

Good Luck to everyone and hopefully see ya all at origins :pokeball:

13. babayaga

babayaga New Member

There would have been a third as well, but PUI lost my web application, and also apparently the followup emails I sent on the 14th and the 22nd.
    :mad:

I'm running low-key modified tournaments now and thinking about trying to pick up a couple of boxes of older sets (like gym or rocket) to do a sealed tourney.

:unknown-b

14. GL Mo

GL Mo New Member

Any more details regarding the CC's in Auburn and Milford yet? How late is the one in Auburn going to run? Any
    idea how many rounds, and has space been worked out yet? Thanks for any updates anyone can provide.

No RH TV Reporters yet!