City Tournment Clarification

Discussion in 'Archive' started by spookees, Feb 16, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. spookees

spookees Active Member

Has there been any official ruling on this?

what if a player wins 1st place in 2 or more city's?
    for argument sake lets say they are in 2 different states.
    I think i saw somewhere they dont get more than 1 VIP package regardless of how many they win or where.

my questions are:
    do they still win the prize support at that city?
    do they still win the prize support at that city if its in the same state?
    (i ask because i have heard they get the medal but no prize support if they won one already regardless of where)

do they get a bye for STATE for each win? (if the 2 wins are in the same state, does this mean 2 byes for the one state?)
    I have been searching everywhere for answers and haven't found any.

Any official answers are greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  2. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Since the TO's have no clue who won where, you should still get the medal and the product at the City Championships (If you don't I would contact PUI)

The VIP package goes to the state you live in. So if you win 2 or more you still only get one VIP package. Byes are based on attendance at your City Championships. Not sure what the breakdown is though. I don't think they ever told anyone. I think the most byes you can get is 2 though.

3. spookees

spookees Active Member

thanks
    i already got the 'only one VIP package per one winner' thingy...all straight on that one.

the 'byes' i think we need some official clarification. (could be forthcoming as we get closer to state, i assume)

4. JOEBASS

JOEBASS New Member

Still not clear on what happens if a player goes to two different states to play in the CC's. If they win there age group in two different states. that would be two different State Tournaments. Would they still get the VIP pac at each State tournement then. The rule of not getting two VIP pacs, is that per state or per player.

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Doesn't matter what state you win in, they go by where you are from. You could win a State Championship in Vermont and Florida, but if you live in Ohio your 1 VIP package would be able to be picked up at the Ohio State Campionships.

6. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

I have running 3 CCs and so here are the answers you are looking for.

You will still get the prize support for each place you get at any CC played in, even if it is in the same state. If you win more then on CC you also get the medals and prize support but only one VIP package. This information is being keep by PUI, were at the tournament the winners POP#s are sent into PUI along with the permission slip with you name and info on it. Hope this helps you out.

7. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Plus, you'll get the "boos" of many Pokemon players who think you're a poor sport by feeling the need to prove your manhood/womenhood multiple times.

We shouldn't even be asking this question, but I suppose there will be some poor sports out there who just don't get it. We'll soon know who they are when PUI announces all the CC winners on their website.

8. spookees

spookees Active Member

thanks Blaine,
    i too am running 4 CC's (judging and running the tms) its a question that does come up. I have heard someone from the east mention they dont get the prize support so i will make sure they get this info.

Steve, thank you.
    there are 2 scenarios that can occur.(there may be more) :) ...
    1) yes the 'boos' and the poor sports that dont get it and continue to enter in CC's with league players after they win one.
    2) and some who may win more than one CC in their age group when there either isnt much competition and/or number of players in that age group that are playing and maybe not up against anyone in any league.
    there are situations that will arise that its not just the 'poor sports' or the 'need to prove manhood/womanhood' thing.
    unfortunately it will be unfair to catagorize the duplicate,triplicate, or quadruple players to be all the 'need to prove something' kind. (as that may not be the case)
    I am just looking for clarification. =)

9. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

You are welcome :thumb: If you have any more question just PM me. :D