Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

C'mon, Palkia G...

Spheal says

I've been wanting to make a somewhat viable deck with Palkia G X for a while now. I've messed around and made some fun builds by teching in Lumineon SF, but I can't come up with anything that sounds like it can win as much as it can disrupt. Also, I know that if I put Garchomp in Palkia, I'll just use him 90% of the time and end up not feeling like I'm even running Palkia. Any suggestions?

Let me rephrase, for I meant how would they want to knock them out.
How would you wanna attack? (i.e. sniping, spreading, massive hit, etc. etc.)

I don't even know about the method I'd like to pursue, broski. I just want to make something viable with Palkia. Whether it's viability is a result of disruption or good old fashioned prize taking doesn't matter to me.

I don't even know about the method I'd like to pursue, broski. I just want to make something viable with Palkia. Whether it's viability is a result of disruption or good old fashioned prize taking doesn't matter to me.

I don't know much about Palkia G, but I thought it was disruption/sniping.

But don't take my advice because I could be wrong.

Nah, you're right. I think I'm going to have to build Lux Chomp, but replace Luxray with Palkia... I'm a net decker, but I hate following formats like that... arg

Taking Luxchomp and replacing Luxray with something else is not following the format at all. When you take Luxray out of Luxchomp, it's not Luxchomp anymore. D-Chomp and Luxchomp are completely different decks... their strategies and methods are completely different.

Palkia's only ability to take KOs is by sniping, discounting the few Pearl Breath KOs it is possible to snag. You could build a Palkia Lock that uses Garchomp for the heavy lifting as far as making KOs go, but it would probably be less consistent than just straight Palkia Lock. Aside from that, I'm not sure that Palkia is strong enough to keep up. Dialga at least tanks like a beast (and shuts down bodies).

Run Palkia/Luxray with Mesprit for locking. Azelf MT and Toxicroak Promo are necessary for opposing Luxrays. This deck is meant to lock your opponents powers through Mesprit and Power Spray to prevent setup, and then KO basics with Pearl Breath/Hydro Shot/Flash impact. It worked relatively well for me.

I'm running a Kingdra Deck with Palkia G as a Back-up attacker. I've also tried teching in a Lumineon SF, but it really isn't that great.

Or run Palkia/Mesprit/Gallade 4 to focus more on spreading with Chop Up/Pearl Breath. Thats a different strategy than has been mentioned before. Or run Palkia Lock. (straight Palkia with 4 Mesprit/4Uxie/4 Crobat/4 Powerspray and maybe one or two techs {Promocroak})

Palkia lock is very viable in this format and next. Weakness to Luxray is not as bad as everyone thinks if you can lock Luxray. Run 4 DCE because PGX's attack can be used every turn unlike Garchomp.

I feel it. Unfortunately, I only own two Mespirit and no Promo Croaks. I'm going to put something together that utilizes every available strategy with Palkia to see which one ends up being most prevalent.

I made a Palkia/Garchomp deck before Nats. It could consistently beat LuxChomp, Sablelock, and Jumpluff. If I hadn't switched to Donphan/Manectric/ERL the night before, I would have been playing Palkia/Garchomp for Nats. I think that that's the best way to run it, currently.

A lot of people in my area run PG-13.
It's a mix of Palkia G/Gallade E4 with Drifblim FB tech.I'm not to sure how well the deck runs though,most of them are in seniors and I'm in masters.

either straight palkia g lock, palkia g garchomp c lock, or palkia g lock with techs.

the thing about palkia g bro is it can pretty much play anything. you always have the bench space. as of right now i run palkia/garchomp lock, but i think that original palkia lock is the bets build due to consistency. you can build palkia g with techs/toolbox. thats a good deck too. i think i might rebuild mine throwing in toxitank, with 1 honchcrow g or something rather. its definately a good play.

Back