Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cobbwebs(Huge amount of Spread damage+Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Knee

Thanks to Madhatter's list for reminding me that Ariados even existed.

Pokemon-19

3x Ariados(Mt)
3x Spinarak(MT)

3x Bronzor(IFDS)
3x Bronzong(IFDS)

2x Turtwig(IFDS)
1x Grotle(IFDS)
2x Torterra(IFDS)

2x Phione

Trainers-24

4x Rossanne's research
4x Bebe's search
2x Rare candy
1x Luxury ball
2x Night matinence
4x Professor Oak's visit
2x Quick ball
3x Warp point
2x Speed stadium

Energy-17

8x Psychic energy
6x Grass energy
3x Call energy

Bronzor LV.14 – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[P] Gyro Swap: Place a number of damage counters on the Defending Pokemon equal to the Defending Pokemon’s retreat cost.
[C][C] Confusion: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Psychic (+10)
Resistance: Fire (-20)
Retreat: 2

Bronzong LV.46 – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Bronzor

Poke-Power: Cycler
You can use this Power once during your turn. Choose 1 card from your hand and return it to your deck. Then, search your deck for up to 2 Basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[P][C] Strange Revolution: 20 damage. If you and your opponent have the same number of cards in your hands, this attack does an additional 40 damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.
[P][C][C] Heavy Potential: Place a number of damage counters on each of your opponent’s Pokemon equal to the Pokemon’s retreat cost.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)
Resistance: Fire (-20)
Retreat: 3

Torterra LV.47 – Fighting – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Grotle

Poke-Power: Solar Song
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Evolve a Pokemon. Choose any number of your Grass-type Pokemon in play. Search your deck for an Evolution card that Evolves from each of the chosen Pokemon, and Evolve them. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C] Crash Impact: 60 damage. Torterra does 20 damage to itself. Switch the Defending Pokemon with one of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. Your opponent chooses the Benched Pokemon to switch.
[G][G][C][C] Ground Shaker: 80 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, whenever your opponent plays a Basic Pokemon card from his or her hand onto the Bench, place 2 damage counters on that Pokemon.

At First glance it isn't anything special. It seems like it would take a long time to set up, and your opponent gets a huge lead. Both of these points, while are true, are minimalized by Just how much spread damage you are doing. If you have 3 Ariados out, then you are automatically doing 30 to everything. Bench management is huge in this deck. You always want a Bronzong and a backup attacker ready to go. This doesn't mean Ariados can't attack, it just means you have better things to attack with in most cases. Due to Bronzong's pokepower, you have a continuous source of energies. This allows you to do whatever you want with them. The Bebe's searches and Oak's visit are pretty much free. This also ensures you don't have a basic clogged hand with no energies.

The torterra is tech, but even though it's ground, all of the energies it needs to attack are in the deck. Both of its attacks are usable, so don't hesitate to do so.

The engine, which consists of A lot of search, has been working pretty well so far. The deck thins extremely fast.

Usually this deck is up and running by turn four. If i have torterra out by then then the game should be won. Doing AT LEAST 30 to everything is great. And against empoleon and Other decks with retreat heavy pogeys, it's even better.

I would post match-ups, but currently, i have no idea how the new format will end up.

Rate/fix, both greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
maybe, instead of Pachirisu, you could use call energy. Besides, are there any cessation crystals that you're afraid of? sure you get three benched pokemon, but call nergy is way better. =) nice torterra idea. I kinda like this deck.

If you noticed the IFDS Bronzong in the deck, you may have deduced that this is for next format where there will be no Cessation Crystal. I think you meant the LA Azelf for getting Torterra out of the prizes. But if you are using two spaces for it, why wouldn't you just go to a 2-0-2 Torterra line? That should ensure no problems with prizes. In addition to that, since you are mainly using Stage 1 pokemon, a Phione/Call Energy start could be very beneficial, and eliminate most of your need for Quick Ball, which I think isn't very useful anyway. I think there was actually a Great Ball in that IFDS set too, but I'm not sure. You will get an Ariados or Bronzong each turn you use it in addition to all of your search. So here, try this:

-2 Azelf LA
-3 Pachirisu
-2 Quick Ball
-1 Grass Energy

+3 Call Energy
+2 Phione
+1 Turtwig
+1 Torterra
+1 Grotle

The idea itself is pretty decent and clever. It will give Magnezone nightmares, but could also have trouble against Garchomp, Infernape, and other low retreat decks. Good luck with it though.

Why would you put in a tech that requires you to run rare candy... I would tech 1 of the legal bronzongs in and find a different tech.. I also think 2 mesprit is unnecessary

Question: What's the ruling with Moonlight stadium and Magnezone's Magnetize vs. Ariados? Does 0 retreat cost mean 0 no matter what?

I need to know this before I can make proper fixes...thanks.

Magnezone gives the active pokemon free retreat if it has any :metal: energy attached, so it could only affect the active pokemon. All benched pokemon can be hit by Bronzong.

Then he needs counter stadiums. Two, at least, to play on his turn so get rid of this effect. My suggestion would be Lake Boundary. If you are playing against a deck that runs Moonlight Stadium, it's most likely psychic and will be hurt bad by the weakness.

Aight. Thank you all for the support. I will make the following fixes.

-2 Azelf La
-3 Pachi
-2 Quick ball
-1 Grass energy
-1 Warp point
-1 Professor oaks visit

+3 Call energy
+2 Phione
+1 Turtwig
+1 Grotle
+1 Torterra
+2 Speed Stadium

The reasoning behind Speed over Lake boundry is simple. I don't care about their weakness, while mine is a very serious problem. This bronzong should normally survive 2 attacks. However, with lake boundry, i will be lucky to survive one. If i was running TGW and a claydol line, i might consider it for bronzong's first attack (120 and confuse is really painful) but i don't feel like restructuring the deck at the moment.

Proxied this with the fixes. It runs well against everything except Garchomp. Any ideas for garchomp tech? Some sort of tecchable normal or something?

I Playtested With A List Similar to this But Instead of Running Torterra i ran tnagrowths instead.

- 2 turtwig
-1 grotle
-2 torterra

-2 Rare Candy

+ 2 Tangela IFDS
+ 2 Tangrowth ( 1 Ge - 1ifds)

+ 1-1 Masquerin MT
or
+ 1-1 Claydol

Iv'e been wondering why do so many world champion decks have 2 basics 1 stage 1 pokemon and 2 stage 2 pokmon

and i think this deck is really good might even win a few battles

I think you should add at least one more trainer ever heard of he castaway card ( search your deck for a supportor , poke tool , and a stadium i think or it might be a energy but 99% sure its stadium.

The only problem I see is how do you continually attack with Bronzong? It takes 3 energy for the attack and with only 90 HP it's not hard to OHKO.

I really haven't had the problem yet. I'm getting out my setup by turn 4, and i have my first bronzong set up while working on my second. I guess i just haven't played any really fast decks yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back