Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium update question (Drag Off), follow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dld4a

Feature Writer
== DRAG OFF (Dark Machoke - Team Rocket; Rocket's Sneasel EX - EX:Team Rocket Returns; Sharpedo EX - EX:Deoxys; Omastar - EX:Legend Maker)

Q. What happens if I try to use "Drag Off" to bring up a benched Pokemon that has a Holon Energy WP attached ("prevent all effects excluding damage done...")
A. Since the Holon Energy WP would prevent the effect of switching out that Pokemon, you cannot target it with Drag Off. You will have to choose a different target. (Mar 23, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

dld4a said:
Does this mean if a player A announces the attack Drag Off and selects Pokemon A on player B's bench and Pokemon A has a Holon Energy WP along with a Water Energy attached, that player A must be told that Pokemon A can not be selected as a target and player A must choose a different target? I thought that player A may select Pokemon A as a target, but nothing would happen because the effect of the attack would be prevented by the WP/Water combo.

bulbasnore said:
Yes, 'cannot be targeted' with the switching effect of drag off -- that's the ruling we were given.

The difference now being that player A must now choose a different target (and it is both players responsibility to be aware of this)?

Well this brings to mind several questions. For starters:

1. I have Pidgeot (RG) active with a WP and a water attached, and my opponent has a Weezing (DX) active. Can they even use the attack Liability? (assuming it’s a single active game) If my opponent can’t target Pidgeot and there is no other available target what happens?

2. Same situation, but they choose Smogscreen. Does the damage go though, or can Pidgeot not be targeted at all?

Pidgeot could not be affected by either attack. The effect does not prevent the player from attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back