Compendium Updates for August 1st, 2019

Discussion in 'Compendium Updates' started by PKM4, Aug 6, 2019.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PKM4

PKM4 Compendium Publishing Assistant

Last edited: Thursday, August 1st, 2019

(Added August 1st Rulings, and FAQ for SM:Unified Minds)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|

|

* July 4th, 2019 -- NO MEETING (Independence Day) --

* July 11th, 2019 -- No New Rulings!! --

* July 18th, 2019 -- No New Rulings!! --

* July 25th, 2019 -- No New Rulings!! --

* SM11: Unified Minds FAQ --

* August 1st, 2019 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BURNING ROAD (Heatran GX - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Does Heatran GX's "Burning Road" Ability work if it becomes your Active Pokemon as a result of an attack like Archeops' "U-turn"?

A. As long as Heatran GX becomes your Active Pokemon during YOUR turn, it can use Burning Road. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== BURSTING SPORES (Amoonguss - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If I evolve my Shroomish into Breloom (which has the Spore attack), can I use Amoonguss's "Bursting Spores" Ability?

A. Yes, because you have played a Pokemon that has the Spore attack from your hand during your turn. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== CAPTIVATING WINK (Mawile GX - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Mawile GX's "Captivating Wink" Ability says to put any number of Basic Pokemon you find in your opponent's hand onto their Bench. Does this allow you to put more than 5 Pokemon on the bench?

A. No, Captivating Wink does not allow you to exceed the normal limits of the game. You can put any number of Basic Pokemon onto your opponent's Bench up to the maximum size of the Bench. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you use Mawile GX's "Captivating Wink" Ability if your opponent's Bench is full?

A. No. It's public knowledge that you can't put down any additional Basic Pokemon on your opponent's Bench, so you cannot use the Ability. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if I use Steelix's "Gigaton Shake" attack, and then my opponent uses Mawile GX's "Captivating Wink" Ability during their turn? Would those Pokemon I put into play be able to attack on my next turn (since it was not during MY turn)?

A. No, they would not be able to attack. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== DURABLE BLADE (Aegislash - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If Aegislash with the "Durable Blade" Ability is Knocked Out by damage from my opponent's attack, do I put its underlying Doublade and/or Honedge cards into my hand or into the Discard Pile?

A. You put all the Pokemon in the evolution line into your hand. Any other cards attached such as Tools or Energy are discarded. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SCOOP-UP BLOCK (Mr. Mime - SM: Team Up)

Q. Does Mr. Mime's "Scoop-Up Block" Ability prevent Recycle Energy or U-Turn Board from going back in to the hand?

A. Yes, it does. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SNACK SEARCH (Munchlax - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If I try to use Munchlax's "Snack Search" Ability and flip Tails, is my turn still over?

A. Yes, it is. Even if you don't flip Heads, the Ability is still considered "used". (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== CLEAR VISION GX (Latios GX - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If my opponent has used Latios GX's "Clear Vision GX" attack, can I use a GX attack that ignores effects?

A. No, because you don't even get to start using the GX attack. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent has used Latios GX's "Clear Vision GX" attack, do I get to draw 7 cards if I use Hala?

A. No, getting hit by Clear Vision GX doesn?t mean you have used your GX attack for the game. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent used Latios GX's "Clear Vision GX" attack on me, could I use Channeler to remove that effect?

A. Yes, you could. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== GG END GX (Garchomp & Giratina GX - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Can I use Garchomp & Giratina GX's "GG End GX" attack to remove all of my opponent's Pokemon from play?

A. Yes, if your opponent only has 1 (or 2, with the extra energy) in play, you could remove those Pokemon. Then you win the game! (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== GIGATON SHAKE (Steelix - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. What happens if I use Steelix's "Gigaton Shake" attack, and then my opponent uses Mawile GX's "Captivating Wink" Ability during their turn? Would those Pokemon I put into play be able to attack on my next turn (since it was not during MY turn)?

A. No, they would not be able to attack. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I used Steelix's "Gigaton Shake" on my previous turn, would Channeler allow my Pokemon to attack this turn?

A. Yes, the effect of Gigaton Shake would be removed, and your Pokemon would be able to attack. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== INJECTION GX (Naganadel GX - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. When I use Naganadel GX's "Injection GX" attack, am I allowed to mix up my opponent's prize cards so they don't know which card I added to their prizes?

A. No, you may not. When Injection GX adds a card from the discard pile you must not disturb the placement of any prize cards the opponent still has in play. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Naganadel GX's "Injection GX" attack during a Tiebreaker game, do I win?

A. Yes. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SAGE'S RIDDLE (Oranguru - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. For Oranguru's "Sage's Riddle" attack, if I put down a Pokemon with more than one type does the opponent have to guess both of its types?

A. No, they only have to guess one of the Pokemon's types in order to get it right. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPIRIT BURNER (Chandelure - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. When using Chandelure's "Spirit Burner" attack, can I place any discarded Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon directly onto my bench?

A. Yes, you can. However, because of the order of this attack, you cannot put a Prism Star card onto your Bench. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPITEFUL SIGH (Froslass - SM: Unified Minds)

Q. When using Froslass' "Spiteful Sigh" attack, can you put more damage counters on Froslass than it has remaining HP?

A. Yes, you can. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Froslass' "Spiteful Sigh" attack to put enough damage counters on Froslass to leave less than 40 HP on it, will its attack be prevented if Blizzard Town is in play?

A. No, its remaining HP is checked for Blizzard Town before you place the damage counters onto Froslass. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== BLAINE'S QUIZ SHOW (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Could I play Blaine's Quiz Show and put down Munchlax which has no attack?

A. No. You can only choose to put down a Pokemon that has an attack you can declare to your opponent. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Say I play Blaine's Quiz Show and put Giratina Prism Star down, but my opponent just says "Giratina". Do I get 4 cards?

A. Yes, you do. Your opponent needs to name the full name on the card. (Jan 18, 2001 WotC Chat, Q14b; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I play Blaine's Quiz Show and put down "Celebi and Venusaur GX", do I win if the opponent says "Venusaur and Celebi GX" instead?

A. As long as they get both Pokemon of the Tag Team correct and they include the "GX" part, you shouldn't get that nit-picky about which Pokemon is billed first. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== BLUE'S TACTICS (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Can I play Blue's Tactics if I have more than 8 cards in my hand?

A. Yes, because you could still have less than 8 cards in your hand by the end of your turn. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Blue's Tactics and then later KO an opponent's Pokemon, do I take prize cards and then draw until I have 8 or can I choose the order this happens in?

A. You take your Prize cards first, and then at the end of your turn you draw for Blue's Tactics. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== CHANNELER (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If I used Steelix's "Gigaton Shake" on my previous turn, would Channeler allow my Pokemon to attack this turn?

A. Yes, the effect of Gigaton Shake would be removed, and your Pokemon would be able to attack. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent used Latios GX's "Clear Vision GX" attack on me, could I use Channeler to remove that effect?

A. Yes, you could. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== GIANT HEARTH (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Can I use Giant Hearth if I have no cards left in my deck, and just discard a card from my hand?

A. Yes, you can. The first sentence of Giant Hearth says to discard a card from your hand. Then if you can do that, you do as much of the rest of the card as you can, which in this case is draw no cards. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== HAPU (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. What happens if I play Hapu with less than 6 cards in my deck?

A. You would put 2 cards (or 1 if you only have 1 card in your deck) in your hand and discard the rest. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== THUNDER MOUNTAIN {*} (SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. If Thunder Mountain {*} is in play, does Pikachu & Zekrom GX's "Tag Bolt GX" attack need 5 {L} attached or 6 {L} attached in order to get its bonus effect?

A. The base energy requirement of the attack is one {L} less for Thunder Mountain {*}, but it does not apply to the additional energy required for its bonus effect. You need 5 {L} attached in order to get the bonus when Thunder Mountain {*} is in play. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== U-TURN BOARD (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Does Mr. Mime's "Scoop-Up Block" Ability prevent Recycle Energy or U-Turn Board from going back in to the hand?

== VIRIDIAN FOREST (SM: Team Up; SM:Unified Minds)

Q. Can I use Viridian Forest if I have no cards left in my deck, and just discard a card from my hand?

A. Yes, you can. The first sentence of Viridian Forest says to discard a card from your hand. Then if you can do that, you do as much of the rest of the card as you can, which in this case is draw no cards. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== RECYCLE ENERGY (Neo: Genesis Expansion; SM: Unified Minds)

Q. Is the old print of Recycle Energy from Neo:Genesis legal for tournament play since it has slightly different wording that the latest version from SM:Unified Minds?

A. No, the wording is different in that the old version works after Recycle Energy has reached the discard pile, but the new version works even before Recycle Energy reaches the discard pile. You must use the newer version of the card in tournament play. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Does Recycle Energy go back into your hand if it is discarded by your opponent's Giratina's "Dimension Breach" Ability?

A. Yes it would. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Does "Recycle Energy" go back into your hand if you discard it as part of a retreat cost? Does it go back into your hand if it's attached to a Pokemon that gets knocked out?

A. Yes in both cases. But don't be discarding it from your hand as part of an effect or Trainer cost and expect to get it back though. Also, if something sends Recycle Energy to the Lost Zone, you won't get it back from there. (Unified Minds FAQ; Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY