Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for August 6, 2009

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* July 9th, 2009 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 16th, 2009 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 23rd, 2009 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* July 30th, 2009 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* August 6th, 2009 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== CAMOUFLAGE GAS (Weezing - PL:Rising Rivals)

Q. If Cresselia Lv.X uses its "Moon Skip" attack to KO a confused Weezing that has the "Camouflage Gas" Poke-BODY, how many Prize Cards would be taken (if any)?
A. None. Camouflage Gas says that the attacking player "can't take a Prize card" if Weezing is Confused when it gets KO'd. (Jul 23, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== COLORFUL BODY (Kecleon - PL:Rising Rivals)

Q. If Kecleon with the "Colorful Body" Poke-BODY is played while Miasma Valley is in play, does Kecleon take two damage counters?
A. No. Kecleon immediately counts as all types, including Grass and Psychic, and so does not take any damage. (Jul 23, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== DITTO DNA (Ditto - DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. When Ditto with the "Ditto DNA" Poke-BODY is attacked with something that makes it go to the bench, is the damage applied before or after the switch takes place? For example, let's say the attack does enough damage to KO Ditto with his current state of HP, but the switch to a new bench would give him enough HP to remain alive. Is he KO'd before the switch or does he switch first and not get KO'd?
A. All attack effects are done before checking for KO's, so Ditto would get switched to the bench first and then the check for KO takes place after the attack is finished. (Jul 30, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== FOSSIL ARMOR (Armaldo - DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. Say Armaldo has a Memory Berry attached and uses Anorith's "Guard Claw" attack. The opponent then uses an attack that does 70 damage. How much damage would end up on Armaldo? Would "Guard Claw" first reduce it to 50, causing it to be prevented by Armaldo's "Fossil Armor" Poke-BODY (resulting in no damage)? Or would the attack get through "Fossil Armor" first before being reduced by "Guard Claw" (resulting in only 50 damage)?
A. The text of Fossil Armor says "if Armaldo would be damaged by an attack...", so this indicates that it happens after all damage calculations have been finished. Therefore, in this scenario the Guard Claw reduction happens first, and then the Fossil Armor evaluation happens last bringing the resulting damage down to zero. (Jul 30, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== IRON SKULL (Rampardos - PL:platinum)

Q. If my opponent has Lucario-GL with "Boundary Aura" in play, but my Rampardos with "Iron Skull" Poke-BODY attacks a Pokemon with Weakness, is the Weakness x2 or not?
A. Lucario-GL's Boundary Aura Poke-BODY would be ignored. In this case Iron Skull ignores doubling Weakness, so the original Weakness value is applied. (Jul 30, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== COUNTER PUNCH (Hitmonchan - DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. My opponent uses Hitmonmchan's "Counter Punch" attack against my Active Pokemon. Then on my turn I attach an Unown-G to my Active Pokemon and attack the Hitmonchan. Since Unown-G was not on my Pokemon when it was attacked by "Counter Punch", does "GUARD" prevent the placing of damage counters or not?
A. The effect of Counter Punch resides on Hitmonchan, not on the Pokemon that Hitmonchan attacked. So regardless of when the Unown-G is attached the effect on Hitmonchan is not prevented, meaning that you take the damage counters. (Jul 30, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== DAMAGE PORTER (Team Galactic's Invention G-107 Technical Machine G - PL:Rising Rivals)

Q. If I have "Team Galactic's Invention G-107 Technical Machine G" attached to a SP Pokemon and also "Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain", can I use the attack "Damage Porter" if I just have two energy attached to my SP Pokemon?
A. Yes, Energy Gain reduces the attack cost of Damage Porter by one colorless energy. (Jun 4, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== MOON SKIP (Cresselia Lv.X - DP:Great Encounters)

Q. If Cresselia Lv.X uses its "Moon Skip" attack to KO a confused Weezing that has the "Camouflage Gas" Poke-BODY, how many Prize Cards would be taken (if any)?
A. None. Camouflage Gas says that the attacking player "can't take a Prize card" if Weezing is Confused when it gets KO'd. (Jul 23, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== PRIMAL BREATH (Aerodactyl GL - PL:Rising Rivals)

Q. If I use Aerodactyl GL's "Primal Breath" attack, and on my opponent's turn they switch the Defending Pokemon for a different one, can they then evolve the Pokemon that was attacked by "Primal Breath"?
A. Yes. The Primal Breath attack is an effect on the Defending Pokemon, the one that was attacked. If another Pokemon takes its place the effect is cleared. (Aug 6, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

== TEAM GALACTIC'S INVENTION G-101 ENERGY GAIN (PL:platinum)

Q. If I have "Team Galactic's Invention G-107 Technical Machine G" attached to a SP Pokemon and also "Team Galactic's Invention G-101 Energy Gain", can I use the attack "Damage Porter" if I just have two energy attached to my SP Pokemon?
A. Yes, Energy Gain reduces the attack cost of Damage Porter by one colorless energy. (Jun 4, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

== TEAM GALACTIC'S INVENTION G-107 TECHNICAL MACHINE G (PL:Rising Rivals)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

Last edited:
Back