Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 2nd, 2017

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 2nd, 2017

(Added February 2nd Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|

|

* January 12th, 2017 -- No New Rulings!! --

* January 19th, 2017 TPCi TCG Errata Update -- (*) --

* January 19th, 2017 -- No New Rulings!! --

* January 26th, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

* SM01: Sun & Moon FAQ --

* February 2nd, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERRATA

== BUZZAP THUNDER (Electrode - XY: Evolutions)

* Due to an error in the card text for Electrode's "Buzzap Thunder" Ability, the text on this card will be changed. The original text for this Ability says, "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon and attach it to one of your Lightning-type Pokémon as a Special Energy card. This card provides 2 Lightning Energy only while this card is attached to a Lightning-type Pokémon." The original intention of this Ability was for Electrode to provide 2 Lightning Energy as long as it's attached to any Pokémon, not just a Lightning-type Pokémon. The new text will say, "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon and attach it to one of your Lightning-type Pokémon as a Special Energy card. This card provides 2 Lightning Energy only while this card is attached to a Pokémon." Effective immediately, Electrode's Buzzap Thunder Ability will use this updated text instead of the original text. (Jan 19, 2017 Pokemon Organized Play News)

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== MYSTIC HEART (Magearna EX - XY: Steam Siege)

Q. If Magearna EX with the "Mystic Heart" Ability is in play, are all Pokemon with Metal Energy attached protected from Greninja's "Shadow Stitching" attack?

A. If Magearna EX has a Metal Energy attached to it, all Pokemon with Metal Energy attached are protected; however, if Magearna EX does not have a Metal Energy attached to it, its Mystic Heart Ability is shut off and no Pokemon with Metal Energy attached are protected. (Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== QUEENLY MAJESTY (Tsareena - SM: Sun & Moon)

Q. When you use Tsareena's "Queenly Majesty" Ability, when the opponent reveals their hand do you get to choose which card to discard or is it random?

A. You get to choose. (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== SEARCH THE PREMISES (Gumshoos GX - SM: Sun & Moon)

Q. If I have multiple Gumshoos GX in play, can I use each of their "Search the Premises" Abilities or am I limited to only one total per turn?

A. Each Gumshoos GX can use its own ability once per turn. So if you have two of them you can use the first Search the Premises to have your opponent reveal their hand, then use a Trainer card such as N to have the opponent shuffle their hand into their deck and draw new cards, and then use the second Search the Premises to have your opponent reveal their hand again. (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

* ATTACKS IN GENERAL

Q. Can I have Clefairy's "Metronome" copy a GX attack, and if so does it use up my "one GX attack per game"?

A. Yes you can, and yes it does. Also if you’ve already used your GX attack for the game, then you cannot choose a GX attack with Metronome. (Jan 5, 2017 TPCi Rules Team; Sun & Moon FAQ)

== DRAGON's WISH (Dragonair - SM:Sun & Moon)

Q. On the turn after using Dragonair's "Dragon's Wish" attack, when I attach any number of Energy cards from my hand do I have to attach them all at once, or can I attach them whenever I want during my turn?

A. You do not have to attach them all at once. You can attach them from your hand whenever you like during the duration of your turn following Dragon's Wish. (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Dragonair's "Dragon's Wish" attack and then on the following turn evolve it to Dragonite, can I still attach the energies or not?

A. Yes, absolutely! The Dragon's Wish effect resides on the player, not on the Pokemon. (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== SHADOW STITCHING (Greninja - XY: BREAKPoint)

Q. If Magearna EX with the "Mystic Heart" Ability is in play, are all Pokemon with Metal Energy attached protected from Greninja's "Shadow Stitching" attack?

A. If Magearna EX has a Metal Energy attached to it, all Pokemon with Metal Energy attached are protected; however, if Magearna EX does not have a Metal Energy attached to it, its Mystic Heart Ability is shut off and no Pokemon with Metal Energy attached are protected. (Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== PROFESSOR KUKUI (SM: Sun & Moon)

Q. Can I play Professor Kukui if I have no cards left in my deck?

A. Yes you can, because you still get to do the +20 bonus damage for your Pokemon's attacks. (Jan 26, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== SPECIAL CONDITIONS

Q. If my Confused Pokemon tries to use a GX attack and flips Tails, does that use up my "one GX attack per game"?

A. No, if you flip tails the attack fails and you don't use up your GX attack. (Jan 26, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

* The Burned special condition has changed from Sun & Moon and onward. Now when a Pokemon is Burned in between turns you first put two damage counters on that Pokemon then flip to see if the Burned condition is removed (heads) or if it remains (tails). (Sun & Moon FAQ; Feb 2, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Back