Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 8th, 2018

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 8th, 2018
(Added January 24th Errata Update, February 1st & 8th Rulings, and FAQ for SM:Ultra Prism)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* December 28th, 2017 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 4th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 11th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 18th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 24th, 2018 TPCi TCG Errata Update -- (*) --
* January 25th, 2018 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SM05: Ultra Prism FAQ --
* February 1st, 2018 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* February 8th, 2018 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

== CYRUS {*} (SM: Ultra Prism)

* The text on Cyrus{*} should say, "You can play this card only if your Active Pokémon is a {W} or {M} Pokémon". The original text says you can’t play this card unless you have a {W} or {M} Pokémon in play, but the intended requirement is to have a {W} or {M} Pokémon as your Active Pokémon. (Jan 24, 2018 Pokemon Organized Play News)

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== EVOLUTIONARY ADVANTAGE (Shinx - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. Does Shinx have to be in play at the beginning of the turn in order to use its "Evolutionary Advantage" Ability?
A. It doesn't matter whether it was already in play or not, as long as it's during "the first turn of the person going second". (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== FLAMING FIGHTER (Infernape - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If I have multiple Infernapes in play, does each of their "Flaming Fighter" Abilities add 6 more damage to my opponent's burned Pokemon in between turns?
A. No, Infernape's Flaming Fighter ability does not stack. You are simply placing 6 damage counters instead of 2, regardless of how many Infernapes are in play. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== POWER HUDDLE (Passimian - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If I have multiple Passimians in play, does each of their "Power Huddle" Abilities add 30 more damage to my Passimian's attacks?
A. Yes, Passimian's Power Huddle ability is stackable. Each Power Huddle does 30 more damage in addition to any damage Passimian's attack already does. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== PSYCHIC TRANSFER (Lunala GX - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. Can I use Lunala GX's "Psychic Transfer" Ability to move a {P} energy back to where I got it from on the same turn? How about if I move it between the same two Pokemon several times in a row?
A. You have to advance the game state with your actions. If your Psychic Transfers are mindless, then you are not advancing the game state and it could result in a penalty. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DAMAGE TRANSPORT (Drifblim - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. What happens during Drifblim's "Damage Transport" Attack if I have less than 4 damage counters on one or more of my Pokemon?
A. If there are 4 or less damage counters on one of your Pokemon you must move all of them. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I choose to move less than 4 damage counters on one or more of my Pokemon when using Drifblim's "Damage Transport" Attack? Or can I choose to skip any of my Pokemon?
A. No, if you have 4 or fewer damage counters on any of your Pokemon you must move them. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== INVITING POISON (Roserade - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If my opponent has no benched Pokemon, does the current Active Pokemon become poisoned if I attack with Roserade's "Inviting Poison"?
A. No, it does not become poisoned. If there's no switch to the bench there's no "new Active Pokemon" to become poisoned. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== TIMELESS GX (Dialga GX - SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. When you use Dialga GX's "Timeless GX" attack does Poison still happen in between turns?
A. Nope, the attack says to "skip the between-turns step", so Asleep, Poisoned, Burned, and any other between turn effects also get skipped." (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. After time is called at the end of a match, what happens if I use Dialga GX's "Timeless GX" attack during the "plus three turns" part?
A. If you use Timeless GX when time is called during your turn, you would then get "Turn 1" instead of your opponent. Likewise, if you use it during Turn 1 you would also get Turn 2 and your opponent would get Turn 3, and so on... However, if you use it on the final turn of the match you do not get an extra turn. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== CYRUS {*} (SM: Ultra Prism)

* The text on Cyrus{*} should say, "You can play this card only if your Active Pokémon is a {W} or {M} Pokémon". The original text says you can’t play this card unless you have a {W} or {M} Pokémon in play, but the intended requirement is to have a {W} or {M} Pokémon as your Active Pokémon. (Jan 24, 2018 Pokemon Organized Play News)

Q. When using Cyrus{*} does my opponent shuffle in their Active Pokemon too?
A. No, your opponent only shuffles in their Benched Pokemon except for the 2 that were chosen. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== LOOKER WHISTLE (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. Can I use Looker Whistle to search my deck for another Looker Whistle since "Looker" is part of its name?
A. No, you cannot. You can only search for the card named "Looker". (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== MARS (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If I use Mars with only 1 card left in my deck, can I still discard a random card from my opponent's hand?
A. Yes, as long as you can draw at least 1 card you get the other effect. Of course if you can't draw any cards, you can't play Mars. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== MISSING CLOVER (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If you somehow get 4 Missing Clover back into your hand, can you play them all again a second time to take another prize card?
A. Yes, you can. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== UNIDENTIFIED FOSSIL (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. Can I choose to play Unidentified Fossil as one of my starting Pokemon?
A. No, you cannot. It's considered a Trainer while in your hand, so it doesn't count as a Basic Pokemon during setup. (Feb 8, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If an opponent KO's my Unidentified Fossil do they get to take a prize?
A. Yes, that's part of being treated as if it were a "Basic Pokemon". Your opponent takes a prize when Unidentified Fossil is knocked out, but not if you discard it from play. (Feb 8, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use an Ability to move enough damage counters onto my Unidentified Fossil to knock it out, but then discard it from play before it gets KO'd?
A. No, that won't work. As soon as you're done using the ability you would check for KO before being able to discard the Unidentified Fossil. (Feb 8, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== SUPER BOOST ENERGY {*} (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. If I have 3 or more Stage 2 Pokemon in play, can I attach Super Boost Energy to any of my Pokemon (regardless if it's Stage 2 or not) and get the 4-Energy effect?
A. No, you only get the multiple energy and rainbow effects when it's attached to a Stage 2 Pokemon. (Feb 8, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

== UNIT ENERGY (SM: Ultra Prism)

Q. Can I have 4 Unit Energy {G}{R}{W} and 4 Unit Energy {L}{P}{M} in my deck?
A. Yes, you can. The symbols {G}{R}{W} and {L}{P}{M} are part of the name of the card, so they are counted as different cards. When adding Unit Energy cards to a decklist, be sure to include the symbols as part of the card name on your list; you may list them as "Unit Energy GRW" and "Unit Energy LPM". (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== DECKS

Q. The "Prism Star rule" on the card says "you can't have more than one {*} card of the same name in your deck", but can I have more than one Prism Star cards of different names in my deck?
A. You can have several Prism Star cards in your deck as long as they are different names, but only one copy of each. For example, you can have one Giratina {*} and one Lunala {*} and one Super Boost Energy {*}, and so on. This rule is not ignored for Limited tournaments such as Prereleases, Drafts, etc. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Back