Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium Updates for January 24, 2008

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* January 24th, 2008 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

POKEMON POWERS

== DARK GENES (Honchkrow - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. Let's say my opponent has a benched Honchkrow with 3 Darkness energies attached, and a Murkrow active. If I have Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit in play, would Azelf's "Downer Material" Poke-BODY require that Murkrow have an energy attached in order for it to use Honchkrow's attack via its "Dark Genes" Poke-BODY?
A. No. Dark Genes says that Murkrow gets to use Honchkrow's attack without any energy. There is no energy cost to add onto for Murkrow. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== DOWNER MATERIAL (Azelf - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. Let's say my opponent has a benched Honchkrow with 3 Darkness energies attached, and a Murkrow active. If I have Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit in play, would Azelf's "Downer Material" Poke-BODY require that Murkrow have an energy attached in order for it to use Honchkrow's attack via its "Dark Genes" Poke-BODY?
A. No. Dark Genes says that Murkrow gets to use Honchkrow's attack without any energy. There is no energy cost to add onto for Murkrow. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== PSYCHIC SHIFT (Xatu - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. If I use Xatu's "Psychic Shift" Poke-POWER to transfer an increased Special Condition like Toxic (Poisoned for 2 damage counters instead of 1) or Torrid Wave (Burned for 3 damage counters instead of 2), does the Defending Pokemon also receive the increased damage?
A. No. It just moves the Special Condition, not the "improved" version of the Special Condition. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== SHOCKING TAIL (Electivire LV.X - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. Say I have Electivire LV.X active and my opponent uses Blastoise's "Waterlog" Poke-POWER to attach a bunch of Water energy to their Pokemon. How does Electivire LV.X's "Shocking Tail" Poke-BODY interact with "Waterlog"?
A. Shocking Tail places 2 damage counters for each energy that is attached. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== SUPREME COMMAND (Empoleon LV.X - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If my opponent uses Empoleon LV.X's "Supreme Command" to place two cards face down from my hand, am I allowed to look at them during my turn?
A. No, you cannot. Once they are out of play they cannot be looked at until they return to your hand. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== WATERLOG (Blastoise - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. Say I have Electivire LV.X active and my opponent uses Blastoise's "Waterlog" Poke-POWER to attach a bunch of Water energy to their Pokemon. How does Electivire LV.X's "Shocking Tail" Poke-BODY interact with "Waterlog"?
A. Shocking Tail places 2 damage counters for each energy that is attached. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== BLIND SCRATCH (Kecleon - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. If Kecleon's "Blind Scratch" attack flips tails, who gets to chose which one of your Pokemon the 20 damage goes on, you or your opponent?
A. It is your Kecleon. Unless stated otherwise, you make the choices for Kecleon's attacks. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== HIDDEN POWER / E (Unown-E - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. Unown E's "Hidden Power" attack makes all flips to be treated as tails during your opponent's next turn. Since it is public knowledge that trainers like "Super Scoop Up" and "Energy Removal 2" will have no effect, can you still play them?
A. Technically the Hidden Power effect is not applied until you flip, so Trainers requiring a flip can still be played. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== MIRROR MOVE (Pidgeotto - Jungle Expansion, Spearow - Base Set; Pidgeot - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. Can you do Pidgeot's "Mirror Move" attack if the opponent's last attack "placed damage counters" (as opposed to "doing damage")?
A. No. Placing damage counters is an effect. Damage from an attack is the straight-up damage done, such as "40" or "40+30". (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

== TEAM GALACTIC'S WAGER (DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. For "Team Galactic's Wager", if both players agree can we roll dice with "Rock", "Paper", and "Scissors" printed on them? Or use a six-sided dice with 1/2 being "Rock", 3/4 being "Paper", and 5/6 being "Scissors"?
A. No, you may not randomly determine the outcome of Rock/Paper/Scissors. (Jan 24, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

BDS

Back