Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for January 31, 2013

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, January 31st, 2013
(Added January 31st Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* January 24th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 31st, 2013 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

ABILITIES/POKEMON POWERS

== SAFEGUARD (Sigilyph : BW: Dragons Exalted)

Q. If I use Kyogre EX's "Smash Turn" or Celebi EX's "Wind Whisk" attack, can I switch it with my benched Sigilyph that has the "Safeguard" Ability?
A. Since the attacking Pokemon is the target of the switch effect, Sigilyph can be moved in this situation. (Jan 31, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== VICTORY STAR (Victini - BW: Noble Victories)

Q. Say I have Liepard active and Raikou-EX and Victini on my bench. I attack with Liepard's "Assist", flip heads and choose to copy Raikou-EX's "Thunder Fang" attack but flip tails for "Thunder Fang's" paralysis part. If I then use Victini's "Victory Star" Ability to re-flip the coins, assuming I get heads for "Assist" could I choose a different benched Pokemon's attack or would I have to choose "Thunder Fang" again?
A. Since Victory Star rewound all the coin flips it's as if the Assist attack never happened. So yes, you could choose a different benched Pokemon's attack, if you flip heads for Assist of course. (Jan 31, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== ASSIST (Liepard - BW: Boundaries Crossed)

Q. Say I have Liepard active and Raikou-EX and Victini on my bench. I attack with Liepard's "Assist", flip heads and choose to copy Raikou-EX's "Thunder Fang" attack but flip tails for "Thunder Fang's" paralysis part. If I then use Victini's "Victory Star" Ability to re-flip the coins, assuming I get heads for "Assist" could I choose a different benched Pokemon's attack or would I have to choose "Thunder Fang" again?
A. Since Victory Star rewound all the coin flips it's as if the Assist attack never happened. So yes, you could choose a different benched Pokemon's attack, if you flip heads for Assist of course. (Jan 31, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAME-PLAY

Back