This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* May 12th, 2011 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 19th, 2011 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 26th, 2011 -- No New Rulings!! --
* June 2nd, 2011 -- No New Rulings!! --
* June 9th, 2011 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

ABILITIES/POKEMON POWERS

== CONDUCTIVITY (Ampharos - HS:Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Q. If Pachirisu's "Self-Generation" Poke-POWER is used to attach two Lightning Energy to Pachirisu, and the opponent has 4 Ampharos Primes with "Conductivity" in play, what is the result?
A. Pachirisu would be have 8 damage counters placed on it due to Conductivity. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

== SELF-GENERATION (Pachirisu - Call of Legends)

Q. If Pachirisu's "Self-Generation" Poke-POWER is used to attach two Lightning Energy to Pachirisu, and the opponent has 4 Ampharos Primes with "Conductivity" in play, what is the result?
A. Pachirisu would be have 8 damage counters placed on it due to Conductivity. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== FOUL PLAY (Zoroark - BW:Black & White)

Q. If Zoroark uses "Foul Play" to copy Blastoise's "Hydro Launcher" attack, do I have to be able to return 2 Water Energies to my hand in order to do the 100 damage?
A. No, the attack does not say "in order to" so you do as much of the attack text as you can. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

== HYDRO LAUNCHER (Blastoise - HS:Unleashed)

Q. If Zoroark uses "Foul Play" to copy Blastoise's "Hydro Launcher" attack, do I have to be able to return 2 Water Energies to my hand in order to do the 100 damage?
A. No, the attack does not say "in order to" so you do as much of the attack text as you can. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

== KNUCKLE DOWN (Machoke - HS:Triumphant)

Q. Machoke's "Knuckle Down" attack says the amount of damage is "not affected by Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon". Does that mean it ignores Weakness & Resistance too?
A. Weakness & Resistance are not considered as effects on the Defending Pokemon, so they are not ignored. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== BROKEN TIME-SPACE (PL:platinum)

Q. If the Broken Time-Space stadium is in play, can I use Rare Candy on a Basic Pokemon that just came into play this turn?
A. No, the wording of Rare Candy specifically says "you can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn". Broken Time-Space does not allow you to override that. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

== RARE CANDY (various sets)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on a Pokémon that was devolved on that same turn (i.e. Devolution Spray, Hyper Devolution Spray, etc.)?
A. No, you cannot. A Pokemon must be in play since the beginning of the turn in which you are using Rare Candy. A devolved Pokemon counts as just coming into play. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. Can I use Rare Candy on a Pokémon that was devolved on that same turn (i.e. Devolution Spray, Hyper Devolution Spray, etc.)?
A. Yes you can, because Rare Candy ignores normal evolutionary rules. (Jun 3, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If the Broken Time-Space stadium is in play, can I use Rare Candy on a Basic Pokemon that just came into play this turn?
A. No, the wording of Rare Candy specifically says "you can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn". Broken Time-Space does not allow you to override that. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

Back