Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 8th, 2014

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, June 19th, 2014
(Added May 8th Rulings and FAQ for XY:Flashfire)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* February 13th, 2013 thru May 1st 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* XY02: Flashfire FAQ --
* May 8th, 2014 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== ADAPTIVE EVOLUTION (Caterpie - XY:Flashfire; Metapod - XY:Flashfire)

Q. Can I use Caterpie's "Adaptive Evolution" Ability to evolve into Metapod, then immediately use Metapod's "Adaptive Evolution" Ability to evolve into Butterfree all on the same turn?
A. Yes, you can. (Flashfire FAQ; May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== DRIFTING BALLOON (Drifblim - BW:plasma Blast)

Q. Does Drifblim's "Drifting Balloon" Ability affect the attacks from the Drifloon beneath it when Celebi EX with "Time Recall" is in play?
A. Yes, the attacks used from Drifloon will cost one less energy for each of the opponent's Team Plasma Pokemon in play. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== ENERGY GRACE (Milotic - XY:Flashfire)

Q. When using Milotic's "Energy Grace" Ability, can I use any Basic Energy cards that were attached to Milotic at the point when it was KO'd and attach them to 1 of my Pokemon?
A. Yes, you can. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== FLOWER VEIL (Floette - XY:Flashfire)

Q. Is Floette's "Flower Veil" Ability stackable, such that if you have more than one in play it adds +20 for each "Flower Veil"?
A. Yes, that is correct. (Flashfire FAQ; May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== GOOEY REGENERATION (Goodra - XY:Flashfire)

Q. Can I use Goodra's "Gooey Regeneration" Ability to discard attached Energy cards if there is no damage on Goodra.

== POWER CONNECT (Deoxys EX - BW:plasma Freeze)

Q. Does Deoxys EX's "Power Connect" Ability add to damage done from G Booster?
A. Yes, the attacks of any Team Plasma Pokemon get the added bonus, including attacks from attached Tools. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== TIME RECALL (Celebi EX - BW:Boundaries Crossed)

Q. Does Drifblim's "Drifting Balloon" Ability affect the attacks from the Drifloon beneath it when Celebi EX with "Time Recall" is in play?
A. Yes, the attacks used from Drifloon will cost one less energy for each of the opponent's Team Plasma Pokemon in play. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== HEART WINK (Luvdisc - XY:Flashfire)

Q. If my opponent has no deck and I use Luvdisc's "Heart Wink" attack and flip heads on my turn, does my opponent lose or does the game continue?
A. Regardless of whether Luvdisc's attack permits them to draw or not, if a player has no card to draw at the start of their turn they lose the game. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== PARABOLIC CHARGE (Heliolisk - XY:Flashfire)

Q. Can I search for Special Energy Cards like "Double Colorless Energy" or "Rainbow Energy" with Heliolisk's "Parabolic Charge" attack?

TRAINER CARDS

== LYSANDRE (XY:Flashfire)

Q. When playing Lysandre, who chooses which of the opponent's Benched Pokemon get brought forward?
A. The card says "Switch one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon..." so the person playing Lysandre gets to choose. (Flashfire FAQ; May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== G BOOSTER (BW:plasma Blast)

Q. Does Deoxys EX's "Power Connect" Ability add to damage done from G Booster?
A. Yes, the attacks of any Team Plasma Pokemon get the added bonus, including attacks from attached Tools. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== WIN STATES

Q. What happens if a Double Game Loss occurs in Game 1, 2 or 3 in match play swiss? In match play single elimination?
A. The principle is that two game losses is a match loss. A double game loss in Game 1 starts the next game, but the winner of Game 2 wins the match as one player already has two losses in a best of three format. A double loss in Game 2 means the person who won Game 1 is the winner. A double game loss in Game 3 means a double match loss in swiss, but starts a sudden death game in single elimination rounds. (May 8, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Back