Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 9th, 2019

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, May 9th, 2019
(Added May 9th Rulings, plus additional FAQ's for SM:Unbroken Bonds)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* May 9th, 2019 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== FORCE CANCELER (Celesteela GX - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I have Celesteela GX with "Force Canceler" Ability active, what happens if my opponent uses Venomoth GX's "Ten-Card Return GX" attack?
A. The damage portion gets blocked, but your opponent still gets to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 10 cards because that part is not being done to YOUR Pokemon. (Unbroken Bonds FAQ; May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== GATHERING OF CATS (Persian - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I have a Memory Energy attached to an Incineroar that evolved from a Litten with the "Caturday" attack, with Persian's "Gathering of Cats" Ability are all my Incineroar's attacks now free?
A. No, it doesn't work like that. Memory Energy lets you USE attacks from its previous Evolutions, but it doesn't GIVE it those attacks. Therefore, Gathering of Cats would have no effect on the Incineroar. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== MOOMOO MALT (Miltank - SM: Crimson Invasion)

Q. If I have Miltank with the "Moomoo Malt" Ability as my Active Pokemon and I use Welder to attach 2 Fire Energy cards to a Benched Pokemon, does it heal 90 or 180 damage?
A. Any energies attached from the hand would trigger Moomoo Malt, once for each energy card being attached. So in this case you would heal 180 damage. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== TEN-CARD RETURN GX (Venomoth GX - SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I have Celesteela GX with "Force Canceler" Ability active, what happens if my opponent uses Venomoth GX's "Ten-Card Return GX" attack?
A. The damage portion gets blocked, but your opponent still gets to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 10 cards because that part is not being done to YOUR Pokemon. (Unbroken Bonds FAQ; May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== LT. SURGE'S STRATEGY (SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. If I play Lt. Surge's Strategy first, can I then play a second (or third) Lt. Surge's Strategy to play more than 3 Supporters?
A. Nope, that doesn't work. The second Lt. Surge's Strategy does not add to the number of additional Supporter cards you can play, so you can't play the second one at all because you cannot play Trainer cards for no effect. (Unbroken Bonds FAQ; May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== MARTIAL ARTS DOJO (SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Does Martial Arts Dojo stadium's +40 more damage apply to Benched Pokemon?
A. Although the secondary effect is missing the "to the opponent's Active Pokemon" phrase, the intent is for the +40 more damage to only apply to the opponent's Active Pokemon. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== WELDER (SM: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Can I use Welder if there are no Fire Energy cards in my hand?
A. No, you cannot. You must be able to attach at least 1 Fire Energy card in order to use Welder. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have Miltank with the "Moomoo Malt" Ability as my Active Pokemon and I use Welder to attach 2 Fire Energy cards to a Benched Pokemon, does it heal 90 or 180 damage?
A. Any energies attached from the hand would trigger Moomoo Malt, once for each energy card being attached. So in this case you would heal 180 damage. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Welder and attach a Fire Energy to an Eevee that has the "Energy Evolution" Ability, do I draw the cards for Welder first or search for a Flareon due to "Energy Evolution" first (or is it a choice)?
A. Since they are simultaneous actions, it is the player's choice of which order they can do this. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== MEMORY ENERGY (SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. If I have a Memory Energy attached to an Incineroar that evolved from a Litten with the "Caturday" attack, with Persian's "Gathering of Cats" Ability are all my Incineroar's attacks now free?
A. No, it doesn't work like that. Memory Energy lets you USE attacks from its previous Evolutions, but it doesn't GIVE it those attacks. Therefore, Gathering of Cats would have no effect on the Incineroar. (May 9, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back