==> Compendium Updates for September 18, 2007

Discussion in 'Compendium Updates' started by bulbasnore, Sep 18, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Last edited: Tuesday, September 18th, 2007
    (Added September 18th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
    |
    |
    * September 18th, 2007 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ERRATA

POKEMON POWERS

== Magnetic Field (Magneton - EX:Dragon; EX:power Keepers)

Q. Magneton's "Magnetic Field" Poké-POWER states: "Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have basic energy cards in your discard pile, you may discard any 1 card from your hand. Then search for up to 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand." Can you discard the energy and choose none because it states "search for UP TO 2 cards"?
    A. You cannot play a card to no effect when failure of the effect is known in advance. In this case, since you know there is energy in the discard, you must take at least 1 to play the card. (Mar 18, 2004 PUI Rules Team; September 18, 2007)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
    Q. Magneton's "Magnetic Field" Poké-POWER states: "Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have basic energy cards in your discard pile, you may discard any 1 card from your hand. Then search for up to 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand." Can you discard the energy and choose none because it states "search for UP TO 2 cards"?
    A. If a card states that you can search for "up to" a certain number, you can choose zero. (Mar 18, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
    == STANCE (Lucario Lv.X - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. My Lucario LV.X comes into play, and uses its Poke-POWER "Stance". If I play Cessation Crystal on it, or if my opponent plays a Cessation Crystal on his or her turn, does the "Stance" effect end?
    A. No. Cessation Crystal does not cancel the effects of a Poke-POWER that was used prior to Cessation Crystal coming into play. (PUI Rules Team, September 18th, 2007)

POKEMON ITEMS

POKEMON ATTACKS

TRAINER CARDS

== Cessation Crystal (EX:Crystal Guardians)

Q. My Lucario LV.X comes into play, and uses its Poke-POWER "Stance". If I play Cessation Crystal on it, or if my opponent plays a Cessation Crystal on his or her turn, does the "Stance" effect end?
    A. No. Cessation Crystal does not cancel the effects of a Poke-POWER that was used prior to Cessation Crystal coming into play. (PUI Rules Team, September 18th, 2007)

== TEAM GALACTIC'S WAGER (DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. Can I play Team Galactic's wager if I or my opponent have no hand after playing the card... or no deck?
    A. Yes, both players do as much as they can of the required actions. A player with no hand will shuffle then draw and a player with no deck will shuffle in and draw. (PUI Rules Team, September 18th, 2007)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY