Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for September 3rd, 2015

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
(Added September 3rd Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* August 20th, 2014 -- NO MEETING (Worlds) --
* August 27th, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* September 3rd, 2015 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ANCIENT TRAITS

== THETA STOP (Mega Sceptile EX - XY: Ancient Origins; Malamar - XY: Promo; others)

Q. If a Pokemon with an Ability also has the "Theta Stop" Ancient Trait, would it prevent Wobbuffet's "Bide Barricade" from stopping that Ability?
A. Yes it would because Bide Barricade is an effect that is targeting the Pokemon, so Theta Stop would prevent Bide Barricade from blocking the Pokemon's Ability. (Sep 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Absol's "Cursed Eyes" Ability to move three damage counters from one of my Pokemon to one of my opponent's, what happens if I choose a Pokemon with the "Theta Stop" Ancient Trait?
A. The Pokemon with Theta Stop is a valid target for the choice of opponent's Pokemon, but since Theta Stop prevents all effects of Abilities done by your Pokemon the damage counters would be discarded rather than moved to the Pokemon with Theta Stop. (Sep 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BIDE BARRICADE (Wobbuffet - XY: Phantom Forces)

Q. If a Pokemon with an Ability also has the "Theta Stop" Ancient Trait, would it prevent Wobbuffet's "Bide Barricade" from stopping that Ability?
A. Yes it would because Bide Barricade is an effect that is targeting the Pokemon, so Theta Stop would prevent Bide Barricade from blocking the Pokemon's Ability. (Sep 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== CURSED EYES (Absol EX - EX:power Keepers)

Q. When using Absol-EX's "Cursed Eyes", do I have to move all three counters or can I choose to move less than three (like if I only need to move one counter to KO another Pokémon and wished to leave the other two where they are)?
A. You must move 3 from that Pokémon if there are 3 that can be moved. (EX:power Keepers FAQ; Feb 1, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent has a Pokémon with only 2 damage counters on it, can I still use Absol-EX's "Cursed Eyes" Poké-POWER on it?
A. Yes, you can. If you use this power, you move the 2 damage counters to another one of your opponent's Pokémon. (EX:power Keepers FAQ; Feb 1, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent has more than one Pokémon with damage on it, can I use Absol-EX's "Cursed Eyes" Poké-POWER on one that has less than 3 damage counters even if they have another Pokémon with 3 or more damage counters on it?
A. You may choose to use Absol-EX's power against any Pokémon with damage counters, but if it has less than three you would move all of the damage counters off of it. (Feb 1, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Absol's "Cursed Eyes" Ability to move three damage counters from one of my Pokemon to one of my opponent's, what happens if I choose a Pokemon with the "Theta Stop" Ancient Trait?
A. The Pokemon with Theta Stop is a valid target for the choice of opponent's Pokemon, but since Theta Stop prevents all effects of Abilities done by your Pokemon the damage counters would be discarded rather than moved to the Pokemon with Theta Stop. (Sep 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

TRAINER CARDS

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back