Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for September 9, 2010

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* HS03: Undaunted FAQ --
* September 9th, 2010 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== ALLERGY FLOWER (Vileplume - HS:Undaunted)

Q. Can I still play Supporters or Stadiums while Vileplume's "Allergy Flower" Poke-BODY is in effect?
A. Yes. They are not Trainers. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== MISCHIEVOUS TRICK (Rotom - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When I switch a Prize card and a card from my Deck with Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER, can I look at either card?
A. No, you cannot. Keep both cards face-down when you switch them. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER when I have no cards in my deck, to put a Prize card into my deck?
A. No, you can't. That would be far too mischievous. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== OPPONENT'S CHOICE (Slowking - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using Slowking's "Opponent's Choice" Poke-POWER, do you have to show your opponent what the cards are since it says 'you may reveal the top 2 cards'?
A. Of course you have to show the opponent what the cards are. The "you may" refers to using the power, not to being able to use it without showing them the cards. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== PORTRAIT (Smeargle - HS:Undaunted)

Q. Can I use Smeargle's "Portrait" Poke-POWER if I have already used a Supporter this turn?
A. Yes, you are not playing a second Supporter, you are just using the Supporter's effect as the effect of the power. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. When I use Smeargle’s "Portrait" Poke-POWER to look at my opponent's hand, can I terminate the power's effect without choosing a Supporter card?
A. No, you cannot. You must choose a Supporter card when you use the effect if the opponent has one in their hand. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DARK ROAR (Houndoom - HS:Undaunted)

Q. Which player chooses the card to discard with the effect of Houndoom's "Dark Roar" attack, the owner of the Houndoom who used the attack, or the opponent?
A. The opponent gets to choose which card they will discard. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== DESTRUCTIVE JAW (Mawile - HS:Undaunted)

Q. If the Defending Pokemon has no Energy attached to it, can it still be Paralyzed by the effect of Mawile's "Destructive Jaw" attack if the coin flip is heads?
A. Yes, it can. Even if Energy can't be discarded from the Defending Pokemon, it can still become Paralyzed as long as no other effects are preventing it. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== DUAL DRAW (Misdreavus - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using Misdreavus' "Dual Draw" attack, do the players have to draw all 3 cards, or can they just draw 1 or 2 (or none)?
A. You must draw all three if you are able to (or as many as you can if you have less than three). The attack does not say "up to 3 cards". (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== MACH WIND (Vespiquen - HS:Undaunted)

Q. A Vespiquen that used its "Mach Wind" attack on my previous turn was hit by Grimer's "Sticky Liquid" attack during my opponent's turn. In this instance, what is Vespiquen's retreat cost during my next turn?
A. It has no Retreat Cost. When effects that increase something like Retreat Cost by a particular amount are stacked on top of effects that make something like Retreat Cost vanish, the vanishing effect takes priority. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== MIRROR SHOT (Forretress - HS:Undaunted)

Q. If my opponent uses "Mirror Shot" on my Active Pokemon, would I still have to flip a coin for my attack if I retreat?
A. No, retreating would clear the effect of Mirror Shot. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== NINJA FANG (Gliscor - HS:Undaunted)

Q. If the damage dealt by Gliscor's "Ninja Fang" attack is reduced to 0 by damage-reducing effects like Special Metal Energy or the Trainer card "Defender", does the Defending Pokemon become Paralyzed or not?
A. No, it does not. The Defending Pokemon can only be Paralyzed if Ninja Fang does 10 damage or more after all other affects have been evaluated. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== PLASMA ARROW (Rotom - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using Rotom's "Plasma Arrow" attack, I get to choose one of the opponent's Pokemon and do 20 damage for each Energy attached to it; but do I do the damage to the Defending Pokemon, or to the Pokemon I chose?
A. To the Pokemon that was chosen. If the damage were to be done to the Defending Pokemon, there would be a "20x" value in the damage field of the attack. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== RAMBUNCTIOUS PARTY (Slowpoke - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using Slowpoke's "Rambunctious Party" attack, can I choose no Basic Pokemon even if some are in the top 5 cards I drew?
A. Yes, you can choose as many or as few (including zero) as you like. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Slowpoke's "Rambunctious Party" attack if my Bench is full?
A. Yes you can perform the attack, but all you get to do is look at the top 5 cards and then shuffle them all back into your deck. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== SLUDGE DRAG (Muk - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When Muk attacks with "Sludge Drag", who chooses which of the opponent's Benched Pokemon get brought forward?
A. The attacking player gets to choose. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== SOLAR SUGGESTION (Espeon - HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using Espeon's "Solar Suggestion" attack, do I have to move all four damage counters from one of my Pokemon to one of my opponent's Pokemon, or can I split the damage counters from multiple different Pokemon on each player's side?
A. You can choose up to 4 counters from as many of your own Pokemon as you like, and can split them up on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you want. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I choose 4 damage counters on my Pokemon with Espeon's "Solar Suggestion" attack, can I then place 3 or fewer damage counters on my opponent's Pokemon?
A. No, you can't. You must place the same number of damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon as you removed from your own Pokemon. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can Espeon's "Solar Suggestion" attack place damage counters onto a Jolteon that can't be hit by effects due to a successful coin flip during its "Agility" attack, or onto a Toxicroak [G] with its "Anticipation" Poke-BODY enabled? If I can't place them, what do I do with the damage counters I removed from my Pokemon?
A. You cannot place damage counters onto that Jolteon or Toxicroak [G], but you can still remove damage counters from your own Pokemon. If you select a Pokemon under the status of not receiving effects, the damage counters that would be placed onto that Pokemon simply disappear from play. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== STICKY LIQUID (Grimer - HS:Undaunted)

Q. A Vespiquen that used its "Mach Wind" attack on my previous turn was hit by Grimer's "Sticky Liquid" attack during my opponent's turn. In this instance, what is Vespiquen's retreat cost during my next turn?
A. It has no Retreat Cost. When effects that increase something like Retreat Cost by a particular amount are stacked on top of effects that make something like Retreat Cost vanish, the vanishing effect takes priority. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== TAKE AWAY (Drifblim - HS:Undaunted)

Q. What happens if one of the players doesn't have a benched Pokemon when using Drifblim's "Take Away" attack?
A. There is no restriction on using the attack if there is no benched Pokemon. If a player has no Benched Pokemon, that player loses. If neither player has Benched Pokemon, then it is a tie and a game of Sudden Death must be played. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

== ENERGY EXCHANGER (HS:Undaunted)

Q. Can I use Energy Exchanger to trade a Basic Energy for a Special Energy card?
A. Yes, the Trainer does not restrict its effect to only Basic Energy cards. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== FLOWER SHOP LADY (HS:Undaunted)

Q. When using "Flower Shop Lady", do I have to put all 3 Pokemon and all 3 Basic Energy cards into my deck, or can I choose to return only 1 or 2 (or none) of each?
A. You must return all three of each if you are able to (or as many as you can if you have less than three). The attack does not say "up to 3". (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

Back