Connected Amp (Modified Ampharos Deck)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Shift, Dec 12, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift New Member

Name: Connected Amp
    Type: Lighting/ Psychic
    Format: Modified

Pokémon: (18)

(4) Mareep (Aquapolis)
    (3) Flaaffy (Dragons)
    (2) Ampharos (Aquapolis)
    (2) Ampharos EX
    (3) Wynaut
    (4) Wobbuffet

Trainers: (18)

(4) Copycat
    (2) Rare Candy
    (3) Town Volunteers
    (3) Switch
    (3) Mr. Briney's Compassion
    (3) Energy Recycle System

Energy: (24)

(14) Lighting Energy
    (10) Psychic Energy

'Tis a deck that's been on my mind for quite a while. I think the Pokemon and the Energies look fine, however it's the Trainers I'm a little skeptic with. Also, anyone else think Expedition's Ampharos would work well in this deck? I've been playtesting it in my mind (I do that, I have a lot of free time). On one hand, Aquapolis' Ampharos works well with Rare Candy buuut, Expedition's Ampharos Power works well with both Mareep and Flaaffy's first attacks. I dunno, guess I'm un-decided here.

The Wynaut/Wobbuffet line should be pretty easy to figure out, to cover fighting weakness and to counter Gardevoir EX (which is somewhat big in my area).

Anyhow, feel free to rate/review.

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Too much energy. Go 14 Electric and 4 Psychic. then fill in the spaces with Trainers. Most likely draw power. Like Juggler, TV Reporter and Oak's Research. Maybe some Elm's Method. Hope it helps!
    -Swampert

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

No Swampert, think, not 4 Psy, 4 Multi/Rainbow. That way they can be moved as needed with Exp Amph.... duh (sorry dude, just messing with you).

14 energy leaves 10 cards... soooooo......

2 Sparce (get basics quick)
    2 Fast Ball (3/7 chance at Flaffy, 2/7 Amph, 2/7 Amph EX, and non supporter)
    3 Nurse (More healing, combo with Switch)
    3 Reporter/Birch/Oaks Research (more draw)

-1 TV
    -1 ERS
    +1 Low Pressure System (10 extra for all Electric type)
    +1 Fisherman (4 in your hand, slightly better but its a supporter)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  4. Shift

Shift New Member

I just realized, I have Aquapolis' Mareep and Dragons' Flaaffy and no "combo like" trainers such as Juggler, TV Reporter). What's funny about it is, I actually put booth Mareep and Flaaffy because I was planning to use Juggler and TV Reporter. Heh, silly me.

I might cut down on the Energy's a bit, especially Purple ones, (which was kind of weird anyway, since I have 4 Wobbuffet and they only need 1 (P) and 2 colorless).

Man, I must have been really tired last night.

5. Shift

Shift New Member

Sorry in advance for the double post.

I have been tweaking the deck a bit during the morning, and thought about a few things. I could drop the Wynaut/Wobbuffet line and add a Magnemite/Magneton (Dragons, Holo) line. And tech 3 Wobbuffets as basic support and to counter EX's/Purple foe's. It would look a little like this:

Pokémon: (18)

(4) Mareep
    (1) Flaaffy
    (2) Ampharos AQ
    (2) Ampharos EX
    (3) Magnemite (Thundershock)
    (3) Magneton
    (3) Wobbuffet

Trainers: (20)

(3) Juggler
    (3) TV Reporter
    (4) Rare Candy
    (2) Town Volunteers
    (3) Switch
    (3) Mr. Briney's Compassion
    (2) Low Pressure

Energy: (22)

(18) Lighting
    (4) Multi Energy

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  6. Steven B

Steven B New Member

Nice deck! :D

Definately would beat my deck, easily! ;)

7. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

I would be against low pressure in this deck. 10 hp in some cases would hurt more than help. When you face against a blaziken eggy deck, the exeggutor would get 90 hp. That means that when you fight exeggutor, assuming you have amphy ex in play you can only do a total of 80 damage to it (assuming a successful flip and an energy attachment), enough to knock it out if you don't have it in play.

8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

You can only do 70 with Amphy ex anyways, so what's ur point?

9. Shift

Shift New Member

In some parts I agree with you here, that's why I thought much about adding Low Pressure to my deck, but let me explain why I added it:

Most of the decks I make are made when I think about the metagame around my area, and around my area there aren't many (if at all) Grass and/or fire decks (even Blaziken Eggy decks). Most of the decks in my area are made up of either Psy or Dragon Decks.

But if the time comes, and I face a Grass deck, I'll deal with it, i'ts part of the game no? I can't make a deck to counter every other deck (however awesome it would be).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.