Cool ID card idea.

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by DarkLordSigma, Nov 25, 2007.

1. DarkLordSigma

DarkLordSigma Member

Well, I never got an "official" POP ID card since I registered for POP online. And all my league members have are the standard cardboard POP IDs. So, I figured I'd get creative and whip us up some unique cards...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/DarkLordSigma/POPIDCardtest.jpg

I got the card blank off of www.pokemonzeo.com (credit to them since I erased their logos for asthetic purposes). I'm going to go to a local office supply store to get these printed on heavy card paper, then laminated. Unfortunately I havn't been able to find a place the prints plastic ID cards.

2. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

Very nice! Now all you need is a suitably picturesque background with one or more of that person's favorite Pokemon in it.

- Croatian_Nidoking

3. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

I pimped my cardboard POP ID 'cause some kid had scribbled on it :p

4. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

Back in the sevii islands season anyone who completed it got a card and you got a credit card size pop id card thing. Plastic and all.

5. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

^ i know i got one of thosoe and still have it

6. DarkLordSigma

DarkLordSigma Member

Yeah, I wanted one of those, but league attendance kinda dropped off back then. We're getting back strong, with around 17 members per session.

I'm going to try to find a place that prints plastic ID cards, but if that fails I'll just get them printed on heavy card stock and laminated.

7. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

the professor/POP ID cards that went to the 'grandfathered-in' professors after the changeover from WotC to PUI were plastic credit-card style.

unfortunately a number of us never got ours due to the horrible way they were mailed by the fulfillment house: the professor card AND PIN, in a normal (non-padded =/) envelope. POP was able to replace the pins for those of us who never got them, but the cost to re-do individual cards made it impossible for POP to even consider doing so :( thanks for folding/spindling/mutilating my pikachu POP ID, USPS...*weeps*

'mom

8. DarkLordSigma

DarkLordSigma Member

Hey, DIY stuff is always better. The only storebought thing I use are the cards and sleeves. Polished aluminum briefcase-style gun cases make waaaay better deck boxes than Ultra-Pro could ever hope to make, and they're cheaper!