Costly Spread!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by mca3, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mca3

mca3 New Member

Here is a deck idea I came up with about a month ago, I wanted to do some planning before I posted it. I think it will do pretty well, once I get the Trainer line down. Let me know what you think and if I came up with a good idea!!!

18 Pokemon:

1 Empoleon Lv. X
    3 Empoleon MD
    2 Prinplup DP
    4 Piplup DP

2 Bronzong MD
    2 Bronzor MD

2-2 Claydol GE

23 Trainers/Supporters/etc.:

4 Bebes Search
    4 Roesannes
    2 Island Hermit
    2 Stevens
    1 Copycat
    1 Scott
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 TSD
    1 Warp Point
    2 Battle Frointier
    1 Lake Boundry

17 Energy:

2 Scramble
    4 Holon WP
    9 Water:water:
    2 Psychic

Strategy: Start with Pachy and get your basics. Start loading on Piplup, and Spread Damge with his Evolutions. Bronzong is like Cursed Stone while active. Bronzong is also for Matches against G/G. Claydol is for Consistancy! I think this deck will do well, once I get it going JUST right. PLEASE let me know your Thoughts and Fixes, THANKS!!!:thumb:

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

19 water? Huh? Bronzong doesn't help the gg match up that much, but it is a really good spread so i guess that is a plus. Consider running TGW as well :D. Good luck with your deck.

3. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Add in least 1 Claydol HP to speard from Baltoy start.

4. ExternalZ

ExternalZ New Member

hah?? 19 basic energy with that many special energy?? you should decrease the number of basic energy and add some more supporter, I also have an empoleon deck with floatzel, and no level X because I use cessation crystal, well floatzel need 4 energy, but I never run out of energy in my deck, and I just use 13 basic energy and 2 scramble one....

well if I fix that maybe you can do this for your energy

13 basic :water:
    2 scramble
    2 Holon WP
    2 Multi energy
    2 physcic energy

and the rest, just get your supporter come to play....

5. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I'm fairly sure the 19's a typo for 9 (looking at the total number of energy being... 16, and there being no negative amounts of energy :/)

I'd rather use Battle Frontier then Lake Boundary in this deck, to be honest. Bronzong spreads damage counters, cards weak to Empoleon will either already get OHKOed by Group Surf, or already receive the +30 damage from Dual Splash. Battle Frontier shuts off Umbreon free retreats, Garchomp's Rainbow Scales, Togekiss, etc., all while still removing Crystal Beach. Heck, Lake Boundary is BAD for you, 'cause it causes Gardevoir to OHKO Bronzong even with Coating, which it normally couldn't ever do, even without Coating.

I think this is one of those decks where Phione + Call is superior to Pachirisu, mostly because NONE of the basics in this deck, save Pachirisu, are good to start with, but their stage 1s are all amazing. Call Energy turns them from mediocre starters into useful ones, and Phione ensures that you'll be getting evolutions out (at some point, anyway :/)
    The ability to discard Tools that Pachy holds isn't even that useful in this deck, since you don't really care if Cessation Crystal is out or not compared to other decks. Phione probably works best in 3 copies, and it's up to you to find room for... Oh, maybe 3 Call Energy.

Empoleon and Bronzong both have SCARY retreat costs, yet you'll want to be able to switch between them quickly. The addition of Warp Points is a must. Contrasting: Scott isn't as useful, especially with Claydol as the main engine. 3 rare Candy is about as effective as 4, considering how you don't rely on stage 2s for set up at all. You could drop one of each (Rare Candy and Scott) for Warp Points.

6. mca3

mca3 New Member

Great idea Rai, but the Holon WP will give Bronzong Free retreat with a Psy attached. Can you search for Call energy??? I wasnt sure but I could run just 2 Pachy, that would be okay OR just use the Piplup start and Roseannes for Basics since I run 4!!!

And you were right, it was suppose to be 9 Water, accidently forgot to erase the 1, which used to be 10 water!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I am going to switch to 4-2 Furret for alittle less pokes and More speed for set-up!

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  7. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

You could use the Metal Bronzong for some extra draw...

8. mca3

mca3 New Member

I was thinking MAYBE 1, but I think just 2-2 MD will be fine for the GREAT Spread, I changed the Furrets to Dols, I think it will help alittle more!

9. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

What about Phoebe's Stadium? Use that instead of Battle Frontier. Phoebe's Stadium can retreat your Brongzong after you put him active and you won't need to ever attach any energys to it.
    I like the Holon WP idea. It's really nice. But I'd recommend at least using 2 Double Rainbows.
    You don't need Copycat if you have 8 basics. Only a deck with -7 should use it. Instead, use a Team Galactic's Wager.
    And lastly, use 2 Lake Boundarys. You'd have to figure out what to take out on this one though. Maybe a Night Maintenance or Time-Space Distortion.

10. mca3

mca3 New Member

If I ran a stadium like that, Moonlight would be a better choice, because that will be Free retreat instead of 1 with Pheobes!

I was thinking maybe 2 DREs, but that can really hurt a Damage Spread deck too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.