Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Could POP 7 Corsola be a good alternate to Pachirisu in some decks?

Alazor

Do you think this is true, and why? I think this can work in a deck with many types, but might lose some consistency and can't counter tools.

it's merely okay. it's cff is more limited and it lacks the ability to discard tools (which can be quite important in poke-power heavy decks). if possible i would run either tauros or call energy before corsola if i didn't have enough pachirisus.

Well, when you consider that both Pachirisu and Tauros are Holo Rares, POP7 Corsola could be a sort of poor man's pick.

yep - Corsola will be a great card for anyone who cant afford much dime on cards :)

There are two reasons for playing Corsola instead of Pachirisu:
- you don't own enough Pachirisus
- you are going to compete in the Professor Cup 2008

Otherwise, Pachi is better in every way, as already stated by Chu51595.

Are there fighting types that would KO Pachi but not Corsola about? No. Are there pokémon with copy attacks or poké-bodies about? No. Anything else making Corsola a better choice? No.

When one of those check points becomes a yes, then it is a consideration.

Are there fighting types that would KO Pachi but not Corsola about? No. Are there pokémon with copy attacks or poké-bodies about? No. Anything else making Corsola a better choice? No.

When one of those check points becomes a yes, then it is a consideration.

Is corsola easier to get? Yes. For those of us who can't get trades with people, or buy cards that often, corsola is the better choice.

Are there fighting types that would KO Pachi but not Corsola about? No.

...Kabuto? Riolu? Both of those are BRUTAL to Pachirisu, and nowhere near as much to Corsola.
...Then again, no one plays either, so Pachi's still better (assume infinate resources available for deck building). Hm.

I guess what would be more useful is to consider the decks that play Pachirisu and see which ones could use Corsola with no drawbacks (still able to find three pokemon with ease that are useful). I know Skittles comes to mind as one of these. Old-school Magmortar/Typholosion/Delcatty comes to mind too, but with cards like Glaceon and Empoleon, such decks are rather... scary. Plox could replace the Pachis they might play with Corsolas, and still be fine. Less then ideal (ew, Fire type Ralts), but fine. Hurricane gets away with it...

Hm. The only deck that actually plays Pachi that I could think of being worse with Corsola is... Magmortar/Blaziken. Obviously Corsola is unable to do even its searching ability efficiently in that deck. Empoleon based decks might dislike it too, but few actually use Pachirisu. ...Is that really it, for decks that care about the difference between the two? Seems kinda low... :/

((Yes, I do realize that the ability to take a Pachirisu and look for 2 Cyndaquils and a Magmar is much more useful then the restrictions of Pachirisu. But does Corsola have more problems setting up the core of that deck? Not really. Hm.))

The biggest reason why Pachi and Call Energy is better than corsela...

it puts the basic on the BENCH not in your HAND...

So you dont have to wait another turn to evolve it...

Want a cheap CFF??

Zangoose (PK)....sure it has fighting weakness but it has 70 HP, Can't be be effected by special conditions (body), and its an uncommon (PK)

So Zangoose > Corsela

We have NO idea where this individual is from. For all we know he could be from Hong Kong and have limited trade potential due to Pachirisu being a relatively difficult card. Corsolas, though, are easier to get. Or maybe he's from one of many, many areas with no real means of having a league and with few tournament options.

There are a plethora of reasons someone may need to resort to cheaper cards.

I think the OP knows Corsola isn't as good, but he's asking if it's a decent substitute. If you're looking for a very cheap card that has a CFF effect for an attack then Corsola may be your man (or piece of coral).

^ Did you draw the exact same hand and play the same opponent with the exact same hand they had playing you before. If not then that proves nothing. Pachi>>>>>>Taros(in most situations)>>>>Corosola.

So I guess Call Energy + Chatot would be better than Corsola? And some say it is better than Pachirisu?
I was wondering, because if I were to build a few decks for DP-on-- maybe there would be some decks where Pachirisu would not be needed.

Back