Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cradily Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugias_Realm

One of our better players is playing a Cradily/Dustox combo, here's the question that arose from todays play. If it attacks with Lure poison on a Marshtomp thus bringing out a Mew2 EX and posioning it can Dustox use Toxic and posion the Mew2 EX also since it is a new defending Pokemon and Cradily attacked the old active Marshtomp now making Mew2 a new active Pokemon. My thinking is that a active Pokemon cannot be posioned twice, little help on this one.

Same deck, Cradily and Dustox. Player is wondering since Dustox prevents all effects and only takes damage would Azumarrill's Bubble attack be able to work. Since it says to flip a coin for every enery on all active then damage is calculated by the 30 x number of heads, isn't the flipping of the coins an effect.

We'll have the MTs give an answer to the first one even though I'm certain it could be answered by existing rules. However, there is no question that the second one is that flipping of coins as part of a Damage calculation is not prevented. The flipping of coins is not an effect. It is a mechanic. Refer to rulings regarding 'Gatr's Riptide and Parasect:
Q. If I have a benched Parasect (Neo:R) and four (W) energies in my discard pile when my Active Feraligatr uses Riptide; does Riptide still do 50 damage, and do the (W) energies remain in my discard pile afterward?
A. Yes. It is still counted for the attack's damage amount, but it is NOT shuffled back into the deck in this case.(Oct 11, 2001 WotC Chat, Q7 & Q12)

Or, even better, Crystal Body rulings:
Q. With a Suicune defending, would an attack like Double Claw or Stone Barrage do any damage? So what do you do? 10 with Geodude, and 20 for Scizor, or do you flip to see how much?
A. Attacks that have 20+ or 20x or things like that do damage, the text tells you how to come to that damage, (normally flipping coins,) but since that number is there, you will do damage. You would flip to see how much damage. Here is how this works: Suicune prevents all text EXCEPT things that say, flip a coin this attack does X damage + X damage, or just X damage, or this attack does 20 times the number of heads. That is checking for damage, (just like it doesn't prevent the damage Gator does with riptide, just the effect of reshuffling). (Dec 6, 2001 WotC Chat, Q356 & Q374 & Q379)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back