Cradily/Xatu

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

20 Pokemon
    3 Cradily
    3 Lileep(Headbutt)
    4 Root Fossil
    4 Xatu
    4 Natu
    2 Dunsparce

24 Trainers
    3 Desert Shaman
    2 Copycat
    4 Switch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Potions
    2 Warp Points
    2 Oracle
    2 PokeNav
    1 Town Volunteer

16 Energy
    8 Psychic Energy
    8 Grass Energy

The strat is to get out a Cradily and cause havoc with bench switching and heal it constantly with Xatus. If Cradily gets knocked out, send up a Xatu, and start doing major bench damage while switching for other Xatus and healing each other. More or less stall with that until you get out another Cradily.

2. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Hey I really like Cradily, I even play it myself. I use Cradily/Raichu ex which looks like a horrid combo, but it does actually beat most stuff, except Blazzy/Eggs and BAR. It used to beat BAR every time, but then Jermy figured out to just use Blazzy so now he beats me. The point is that Blazzy kills Cradily. It really needs some backup against it. Like some water that does 50, maybe Wailord or something. So put that in, put low pressure system in so that blazzy doesn't OHKO you, and make it a 4-4-4 line of cradily. Use the influence lileep, it's SOO much better, cause you can have like 2 or 3 cradilys out on turn 3 easily. Your trainers need some fixin too, but I'll let someone else help you with that.

3. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

First off, nobody plays fire within 50 miles of where I live, so I am not very concerned about weakness. I rather not put in low pressure gym, but I will think about it. And I won't put in a 4-4-4 line of cradily because I won't need that many of them out at one time. I will think about using the influence cradily, but I don't like not being able to do any damage at all to my opponent with a stage 1.

4. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Trust me, 4-4-4 is a lot better. Sometimes you'll get games with 2 lileep or cradily in your prizes. It happens to me a lot. And the use the influence one. Who cares if you can't do damage? If things go right, you start with root fossil, turn two, get lileep and bring 2 more out, turn 3 cradily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.