Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Create a Team Magma Card

Magma's Torchic-50 HP-Fire-Basic-Attacks-
(C)Triple Scratch-10x-Flip 3 coins. For each heads this attack does 10 damage.
(R)Torch-The Defending Pokemon is now burned.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-Common

Magma's Combusken-70 HP-Fire-Stage 1-Attacks-
(R)(C)Flame Fist-30-Flip a coin. If heads, the defending pokemon is now burned.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(C)
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-Uncommon

Magma's Blaziken-100 HP-Fire-Stage 2-
PokeBody-Flaming Body-You may chose to have all attacks performed by Blaziken include Burn.
(C)Heavy Kick-20
(R)(R)(C)Flaming Fury-60-If the defending pokemon is already burned when you use this attack, you may inflict half the damage from this attack to one of your opponents benched pokemon.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(C)
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-Rare Holo

Last edited:
Clarify the PokeBody. Do you mean that the Burn always happens, happens on a coin flip, or happens at the owner's choice?

numel/camerupt

Magma's Numel-50 HP-Fire-Basic-Attacks-
(C)Smoke Jet-10-Flip a coin. If heads, the defending pokemon may not attack during your opponents next turn.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(L)
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-common

Magma's Camerupt-90 HP-Fire-Stage 1-
PokePower-Magma Lakes-Once per turn if Magma's Camerupt is your active pokemon you may place a magma lake counter on the defending pokemon. When the defending pokemon retreats, remove all magma lake counters from it and do 10 damage for every one discarded in this way. This power stops working while Camerupt is affected by a special condition.
Attacks-(R)(R)Magma Drench-20-The defending pokemon is now burned.
(R)(R)(C)Eruption-50
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(L)
Retreat-(C)(C)(C)
Rarity-Rare

Having it do 60 for 3 (R) is fine. I've changed magma drench to 20. I meant for magma lakes to only work if you were active, but I forgot to be specific.

Last edited:
60 for (R)(R)(R) with no drawback still seems like a little much. Make it 50, or add a fairly minor drawback. The Power's better now, but it still seems a little iffy on balance. Maybe make using it end your turn? Then, at least, the player with the Camerupt has to be strategic with the Power.

Last edited:
more

Magma's lava machine-trainer-If your active pokemon has Magma in its name and damages the defending pokemon with an attack during the turn you play this card the defending pokemon is now burned.

Magma's Torkoal-70 HP-Fire-Basic-
PokeBody-White Smoke-No cards attached to Magma's Torkoal can be removed by opponents card effects.
(R)Hot Coals-10-Flip a coin. If heads, the defending pokemon is now burned.
(R)(R)Lava Stream-40
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(G)
Retreat-(C)(C)
Rarity-Rare

Last edited:
Like it, but a Power/Body and two attacks is supposed to be a pretty rare thing. On the Trainer, I think a flip may be merited, but it seems strange that you would have a requirement about the Active's name. Remember Sleep!? It had no such requirement, just a flip. JMO.

Last edited:
re

Well, "Koga" required your active pokemon to have Koga in its name, although it also required your pokemon to use an attack that inflicted damage.

Magma's Magby-30 HP-Fire-Baby-Baby Power-
(C)Burning Breath-The defending pokemon is now burned.
Weakness-
Resistance-
Retreat-
Rarity-Uncommon

Magma's Magmar-70 HP-Fire-Basic-
(R)Char-10-Flip a coin. If heads, place a char counter on the defending pokemon. A Char counter acts just like burn except it is a counter and burn and char can be inflicted on a pokemon at the same time. (I know I probably did a crappy job on the explanation)
(R)(R)(C)Magmar Punch-40-Flip a coin. If heads, the defending pokemon is now burned.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-(L)
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-Rare

Last edited:
The Magby's fun, but that Magmar's overpowered -- each of its attacks gives a different version of Burn, without a flip, and Magmar Punch would be perfectly balanced in terms of cost vs. damage if the text weren't there. Good point about Koga, but if it worked for Koga, it has to work for Magma -- require an attack to do damage, and you've got Koga's burning counterpart.

re

Magma's Slugma-40 HP-Fire-Basic-
(C)Head Slam-10
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-
Retreat-(C)
Rarity-Common

Magma's Magcargo-70 HP-Fire-Stage 1-
PokeBody-Cooling Shell-All attacks performed by (W) that do damage have a base power of 20 less.
(R)(R)(R)Magma River-40-Flip a coin. If heads, chose one of your opponents benched pokemon and do 20 damage to it.
Weakness-(W)
Resistance-
Retreat-(C)(C)(C)
Rarity-Rare

Nice! Normally, I'd say Magma River was a tad unbalanced, but having to evolve from such a weak Slugma more than makes up for it.

Team Magma's Vulpix Basic 40 HP
Poke-Power - Magma Rush:
Once during your turn, (before you attack) you may flip a coin. If heads, you may lay an evolution card on the matching basic with Team Magma in it's name. This can be used first turn. This power does not work if Vulpix is affected by a special condition.
(R) Leer - 10
Flip a coin, if heads, choose one of your opponent's benched pokemon and switch it with the defending pokemon. Do the damage before switching.
Weakness: W
Resistance:
Retreat: C

Team Magma's Ninetails Basic 90 HP
Poke-Power - Magma Rush:
Once during your turn, (before you attack) you may flip a coin. If heads, you may lay an evolution card on the matching basic with Team Magma in it's name. This can be used first turn. This power does not work if Ninetails is affected by a special condition.
(RR) Will-O-Wisp 10
The defending pokemon is now burned.
(RRRC) Fire Spin 60+
If the defending pokemon is affected by a special condition, this attack does 60 damage plus 20 more damage.
Weakness: W
Resistance:
Retreat: CC

Last edited:
Now these are cards I'd love to have in a deck! Up to 4 coin flips per turn to evolve Pokemon that otherwise couldn't? Cool! BTW, why Fighting Energies for their attacks?

I feel like I've been rude, giving all these criticisms when you were inviting us to submit our cards too. So, I'll give this a try.

Magma's Houndour
(R)
50 HP
Weakness: (W)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (C)

(F) Hot 'n' Coaled 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage plus 10 more damage.

Magma's Houndoom
(R)
80 HP
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

Poke-Body: Dark Blaze
If there are any Special Energy cards named "Darkness Energy" attached to Magma's Houndoom and Magma's Houndoom does damage with an attack, that attack does 10 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

(D)(R)(C) Shadowfire 40
If the Defending Pokemon has a Weakness to (D), this attack's base damage is 80 instead of 40.

Last edited:
I didn't have time to see what cards were already up, but...

Magma Grunt (Trainer)
Count the number of Fire Pokemon in play. Then draw that many cards from your deck. At the end of your turn, place a damage counter on each of those Pokemon.

Magma's Moltres {R} 70HP
{Poke-Power} Firey Wings
Whenever an attack damages Magma's Moltres, the Attacking Pokemon is now burned.
{R} Incinerate 10
Discard the top card from your opponent's deck. Discard 1 {R} energy card from Magma's Moltres.
{RRCC} Spiral Flame 40
The defending pokemon is now burned. You may discard a {R} energy card attached to Magma's Moltres to place 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponents benched pokemon

Magma's Ho-Oh
100HP (R)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)

(R)(R) Sunlight 30
Flip a coin. If heads, remove 1 damage counter from Ho-Oh.

(R)(R)(R)(C) Reflect 50
If your opponent attacks Ho-Oh at any time, flip two coins. For each heads, take away two counters from Ho-Oh and put them on the Defending Pokemon.

Last edited:
Back