Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cressgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSDMage

Well, I'm annoyed. Once again, I actually come up with a nice idea, but fine print screws it all up. originally thought the HP Lati's locked Bodies AND Powers, but it turns out that it's just Bodies, so once again a good idea of mine gets shot to ****. But I'm still gonna try to make this work to some degree. Suggestions/questions welcome.

4 Pachirisu
3-1-3 Gengar DP1
2-2 Cresselia/Lv. X
1-1-1 Gardevoir
1-1 Claydol
1 Absol ex

3 Celio's Network
1 Bebe's Search
4 TV Reporter
2 Roseanne's Research
1 Copycat
4 Rare Candy
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Night Maintenance
1 TSD
1 Warp Point
2 Moonlight Stadium

3 DRE
12 Psychic Energy

Uhh......well........ I'll give you my idea for a cress deck

2-2 Cressilia Lv.X
2-2 Claydol
3-3 Gyrados
3-3 Grumpig (CG)
4 Pachirisu

-1 gardevoir line. -1 moonlight stadium.
+2 cacturne pk line +2 sydneys stadium.

This modification helps you with life drain, generating a one hit ko attack, useful vs ex pkmn and high hp pkmn. you kill the bench with the second attack of gengar and the power of cresselia lvx, but if you confront a heavy defending pkmn, this tech help you killing the defending pkmn with 1 attack (and luck on the flip of course).

-1 gardevoir line. -1 moonlight stadium.
+2 cacturne pk line +2 sydneys stadium.

This modification helps you with life drain, generating a one hit ko attack, useful vs ex pkmn and high hp pkmn. you kill the bench with the second attack of gengar and the power of cresselia lvx, but if you confront a heavy defending pkmn, this tech help you killing the defending pkmn with 1 attack (and luck on the flip of course).

I dunno, that just does not seem helpful, and it sure as **** doesn't seem worth it, all that just to poison, which can gotten around easily. And the attack is just based on luck, which this deck has enough of already.

As far as gardy, I'm mainly using as a tech for extra draw power and especially against powers. I see a Dusknoir and it will scare the **** out of me otherwise. That's why the Lati-lock misunderstanding ticked me off. And I really can't afford to play Cess Crystals in here.

Seems like Cresselia makes some of the weirder cards playable...

This Gardevoir is PK, right? You need your energy accelerations.

I'm not sure if you need TSD, maybe another Warp Point instead? Provides some distruption and your opponent can't throw that 10-left-pokémon as active or you just snatch 2 prizes with Cresselia.

Seems like Cresselia makes some of the weirder cards playable...

This Gardevoir is PK, right? You need your energy accelerations.

I'm not sure if you need TSD, maybe another Warp Point instead? Provides some distruption and your opponent can't throw that 10-left-pokémon as active or you just snatch 2 prizes with Cresselia.

Um, no. It's DP3. That's an idea, though. Interesting. As I mentioned, I'm teching Gardy for extra power and mainly for shutting down powers since that was what i was going to base the deck around before I realized what Lati-lock truly did. And as interesting as the PK Gardy is, I think I'll be sticking with this one.

As far as the TSD, I'm still on the fence about it. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks.

This deck works out really well. I have a deck quite like it. The Gengar and Cresselia combo is much better than some give it credit for. You can spread counters with Full Moon Dance and Shadow Dance, along with (if you are lucky) hitting Life Drain Flips and Moon Skipping to take 2 prizes. However i don't play the Claydol, Gardevoir, or Absol ex, which might not be a bad idea. I would find a way to tech in a 1-1/2-2 Dialga Lv.X line, it works nicely with the deck.

This deck works out really well. I have a deck quite like it. The Gengar and Cresselia combo is much better than some give it credit for. You can spread counters with Full Moon Dance and Shadow Dance, along with (if you are lucky) hitting Life Drain Flips and Moon Skipping to take 2 prizes. However i don't play the Claydol, Gardevoir, or Absol ex, which might not be a bad idea. I would find a way to tech in a 1-1/2-2 Dialga Lv.X line, it works nicely with the deck.

That's an interesting point. The Lv X itself isn't really special, but Roar of Time is interesting. I think an opponent could easily work around it, but then again with both Gengar AND Cress around it will be hard to keep dodging everything. I suppose I'll keep that in mind.

I saw a similar deck in an international event ! I like the idea !

Cacturne will be cool in this deck !

And what about replace pachi & Claydol by furret ? Then you can take Gengar Rare Candy, and next WP Cressy lv x ?

Last edited:
Instead of the Cacturne (a favorite card of mine) you could go with a Muk instead. It matches your energy type and can poison without a stadium out as long as they have a grass attatched to them, it also counts things like double rainbow. It's attack is a potential 1HKO on Gallade too with Lake Boundary and a tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back