Current List of Grandfathered Professors Up!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GymLeaderPhil, Sep 5, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Click here to see the current list of grandfathered professors in North America AND Europe. That's a good move in the right direction for our European buddies. Congrats Pokemon USA (and others)! :thumb:
    -Phil

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Yay, I'm there. (Does the Yoshi Dance)

3. P_A

P_A Active Member

I'm there and my son as well. Woohoo! Guess Frank Middlemas and Renee Martinez are really grandfathered! They are up twice!

4. Noah121

Noah121 Active Member

I'm up on that list, too. Who's the other Nebraskan Professor?

5. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I wasn't exactly expecting to see my email address printed on the web when I gave it. It is there in plain text and of course, coincides with an initial rush of Spam on that address :mad:

Think they could take that down or change the email addresses so tha they are not machine readable by the mail address harvesters spammers use?

6. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Request it from pokemon-tcg BUT it was readable ffrom the WotC site also wasn't it?

7. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

It's nice to see who will be continue to volunteer even though it is not the only way to play in large scale events. :)

And the whole point of having that list up with Emails is so Organizers and Store Owners can contact you if they need help by running a League or Tournament. Removing it would be nailing some of our shoes into the ground.
    -Phil

8. Tego

Tego New Member

Europe?? o_O;;
    Since when was it possible to register there for Europeans? Last time I tried, it was impossible to register unless you lived in the USA. I had to make up a fake US address to be able to register. Which I decided was not a smart move, so I didn't.

But now after reading this topic, I registred right away, and it worked fine. I'm "enrolled"! I feel so alive!

9. Dek

Dek New Member

Since were talking about the Grandfathering of Professors for a sec, I have a small question relating to Professors. Is there any way I can still sign up to be a professor? Or was Wizard's offer the only way?

10. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

As I understand it, Nintendo will be unveiling their Professor Program in the coming weeks/months. So far, the WotC to NoA grandfather program is the only thing that has occured, but give it time :)!

11. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Ah well some of us raged against the machine and put our details in anyway I used AL as my STATE ;)

Still can't get all the phone numbers in anyway and the site has no none US state either...

Ho Hum never mind guess Nintendo are not fixated on the US at all?

Now let's try that League application again.....

12. Tego

Tego New Member

Nintendo are NOT fixated at the USA. I'll say it again: there will be the same OP here, just much later. We are delayed, yes. But we are not forgotten. Not at all!

I put my state as "OR". That suited very fine, 'cause then it said: "State OR Country Norway". Very fine.

13. Prof Donphan

Prof Donphan Member

Wow! Me too.
    Registered from Italy!
    Something is moving!

14. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Honorary citizen

I'm originally from AL - I'll vouch for ya mate! :p

15. Prof Donphan

Prof Donphan Member

Is the professor list updated?
    Which date?

16. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I've had that trouble ever since my private email address was published by WotC...

kind of academic at the moment as the upgraded application page still wont let me register...I fill in ALL the fields but it says that I haven't :(

17. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

TEGO Nintendo are TOTALLY fixated on the USA! they may get around to us but we aren't a priority. Nothing changes :( *shakes head*)

18. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Right.

Not sure if IP was saying write to request removal or write to request it be reformatted.

Pardon me, Phil, for thinking of technological solutions to the problem...its an occupational hazard...but it has kept many people's shoes from being nailed to the floor over the years.

1) Reformat so that spam harvest bots can't read it readily. I don't want to hear from any TO that aren't smarter about recognizing
    myaddress -a-t- yourserver -d-o-t- com
    than a spam bot.

2) Put a form in the page that mails to the profs address. There are plenty of secure pieces of code for that, so they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

'snore

19. Tego

Tego New Member

How can you know Nintendo are fixated at USA when it is impossible to compare? When OP starts here, we can start comparing the USA and Europe. Right now, Europe is in a weird state between Wizards and Nintendo. It's an anarchy of non-Nintendo, non-Wizards OP.

20. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Bulba,

Filters do help with getting rid of junk like that. But I can tell you that I never recieved a piece of spam from my email address being listed on the WotC Professor Program site with my rmckinney2 address. Most junk mail comes from giving out your email address to websites and then they share it with their "advertising" partners.

I'd rather see updated ruilings, card spoilers, deck builder, and important information on the site before the webteam has to reformat all the emails on every page (Professors, Leagues, Primere Event locations). Besides, their emails are publically listed too. Let's all thank ourselves that we dont get the volume of junk that is associated with the official contacts IMO. I get enough from my @pojo addy.
    -Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.