Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

D-Cario takes NY, NY BR Report

Diaz

Before the event I play against the ortiz brothers to get ready. This would become interesting later tho, when i play them rounds 1 and 2. I play D-Cario a deck I worked on with my little brother. He's playing it in his first event in seniors. 5 rounds, top 4 cut...
Round 1
The first of the ortiz bros, peter, playing what i think was a team r deck. I had come up with the same thing and been testing it since worlds, but i chose not to play it. Anyway, I didnt get an energy in my starting hand so i missed the first energy drop. That cost me the game, because he just got a quick flygon going. 0-1
Round 2
Another ortiz :rolleyes:. Christian was playing monarchy and i had gone 3-0 against him before the event, so we both are sure im going to win. I do. 1-1
Round 3
I play down to senior age group.:frown: I get going quick he gets nothing. I think his deck was swampert ex / magmortar lvlx. 2-1
Round4
I get 23423423 mulligans but get a TGW before he drops energy so I'm not too bad off. It turns into an easy game. He was playing a gengar deck.
3-1
Round 5
He was playing empoleon/lucario i think.
4-1

I make top 4 cut as 4th. It's me, timmy and two guys i didnt know in top cut. Durso and Luke are also 4-1 but dont make it.

Top 4
He's playing empoleon/octillery, and was 5-0 in swiss. Both games TGW wins pretty easily.

Top 2
It's me and Timmy in the finals. We both knew what the other was playing, and had seen the decks at league. He plays quickitune, so its a 50-50 match based on the starting hand.
Game 1
I have nothing; he wins easily.
Game 2
He prizes 2 tots; I win easily.
Game 3
This was a little more difficult, but he doesnt get Tune out till turn 4-5 ish so i win.

I wait around for my little brother to finish up in 11-14. He gets 2nd in his first event in that age group, playing D-Cario.

Props
D-Cario.dec for doing amazing.
Michael for getting 2nd in 11-14
Timmy for getting 2nd
Bolt for breaking even
christian for fighting back to 3-2
Luke for 4-1
Slops
playing down age groups.

The End

Congrats Man, :thumb:
Nice Job and WTG!! :biggrin:

Too bad Micheal didnt win in his first event in Seniors, but kudos to him for getting 2nd. Thats impressive. :thumb:

Drew

hehe.. i like d cario :p brian had it when i seen him 3 weeks be4.. so i seen it through him..>_> but gj frankie. i knew i misplayed when i attached the energy to queen insted of casty...>_>

Hey Diaz congrats to you and your bro. To bad your battles finished so fast. It would have been nice to watch one of your games.

Thanks everyone, and see you this weekend. Not sure where, but i'll definatly get to one.

Back