~Dallas, Texas~City Championships~

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Master Professor Birch, Feb 5, 2004.

1. ~~ATTENTION~ATTENTION~ATTENTION~~

The Venue Has Moved for This Event........Please Read Below For Details!!!!!!

Disregard the text of this post. The new Venue is listed in a separate post in this thread.

:clap: Attention: "Dallas/Fort Worth Pokemon-e TCG Players" :clap:

:pokeball: :pokeball: "Dallas~Pokemon-e TCG~City Championships" :pokeball: :pokeball:
    (Presented By: Pokemon USA, Inc.)

2040 Valley View Center
    (Northwest Corner Of "LBJ", Hwy.635 & Preston Road)
    Dallas, Texas 75240

Date: March 20, 2004

Time:
    Registration Starts: 10:00am
    Tournament Starts: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes: 1st - 16th Place (For Each Age Group)
    (Age-Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, and 15-Over)

Contact Info: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
    Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
    Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

*Note: More Information Will Be Added in the Coming Weeks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  2. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

Newbies coming with medals !

Hello,

My son and I will be moving to the arlington area on march 5th. We will not know the area very well, but I think that we WILL make this tourney. We are from the chicagoland area and have played the game for some time. We will be looking to make some long lasting connections in this area for pokemon. It is a big part of our lives.

I have read the tourney reports from the area. Everyone seemed to be shocked when they saw a red face paint deck. Well, unfortunatly thats all we play. I dont like to run decks that have been seen before. ESPECIALLY archetypes. I really enjoy building a new deck and watch it do well in a tourney.

anyhow, count us 2 in!

jimmy ;)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  3. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

I'll be there ready to play ! hopefully with a freind that I used to play with a couple of years ago .

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Well, this certainly makes up for missing the Fort Worth CC...Mis padres have less of a problem with me going down to Dallas, so that's a plus for me!

5. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

Is this tourney still on the agenda? There doesnt seem to be nearly as much interest in this tourney as there was in the, Houston, Sugarland, or Plano tourneys. I am hoping for a strong turnout. I NEED to keep this pokeball rolling until Origins.

Could I pre-register for this one?

I will post any other questions I may have here in the future.

peace out,
    jimmy

6. Thanks~BANGINBOX~

:D ~Banginbox~ :D

Thanks for your interest in the "Dallas City Championships". We will be making some MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS about this tournament within a few days. We are looking for this to be the LARGEST ATTENDANCE of the City Championships in the the State of Texas!!!!! :thumb:

You do not have to pre-register for this "City Championships". We have player space and if we have to we will add more player space. If you want to play, you will play at this "City Championships".

We have already increased the prizes to the Top-16 in each age group that will be at this tournament. As you know, Nintendo/Pokemon USA, Inc. only gives the TOs prize support for the Top -4 of each age group. We, the TOs have put up the rest of the prize support for this tournament. Because we the want the best of the best players here for this tournament. :eek:

So, stay tuned-in to this "Thread" on the "PokeGym" website. It can only get BIGGER & BETTER from here until March 20, 2004 when the Battle for Dallas (BIG-D) begins. :clap:

:nonono: If you can only attend one "City Championship" this year or if you want to experience what "BIG TIME-HIGH PRESSURE POKEMON-e TCG" is all about you need to be here. This is where all of the players that want the "State Championships" will be to scope out their competition!!! If you think that you are GOOOOOD or the BEST, this is the tournament to lay it all out on the line and hold nothing back!!!! :nonono:

Later~ Bigger~Better.....POKEMON

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

7. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

where are we going to be playing at ? in the food court or at that game store that is upstairs ? the last tournament i went to at valley view mall was my first tournament ever and that was the first super trainer showdown at valley view . I was a begginer then and team rocket set had just come out :) see ya there and everywhere else....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  8. mewsmom

mewsmom New Member

Count us 4 in.
    Welcome to TX banginbox, many of us at league play rogue decks so you'll fit right in, hope we get's lots of play time in while we still have a few months here left.
    ;)

We live just down the road from Arlington and can fill ya in on the hot spots.

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Spec will be there, count on it.... can't wait....

Any side events as of yet???

10. Dallas City Championships-New Venue...

:clap: ~~Attention~Attention~Attention~~ :clap:

:pokeball: :pokeball: "Dallas~Pokemon-e TCG~ City Championships" :pokeball: :pokeball:
    (Presented By: Pokemon USA, Inc.)

:eek: Yes, we had to change the venue for the "Dallas City Championships". But we will not disappoint you . We will have the "Dallas City Championships" at the beautiful "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel at the corner of LBJ Freeway and Coit Road, just west of LBJ & Central Expressway. :thumb:

If you are only attending one "City Championships" this year this is the one that you are waiting for. We have extended the prizes in each age group to Top-16. We will lay out your day of Pokemon-e TCG for you as you will read below. Remember, this is the last "City Championships" for the State of Texas. After this one there is no more in Texas!!!

:clap: This is the PRE-VIEW of the "TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS". Everyone who is any one or wants to make a name for themselves will be here!!!! There will be players from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and the State of Oklahoma present and accounted for at the "Dallas City Championships". Come and check out your competition that will be at the "State Championships".

And yes, we will be crowning the three Champions of Dallas. They will receive that awesome "City Championship Medallion", "VIP Package" to their "State Championships", and a Booster Box of "EX Dragon".

If you are coming from out of town, the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" is offering a great deal on your room that includes breakfast . :thumb: More details are listed below on this offer.

Any Questions may be posted on this "Thread" in "PokeGym" or email Master Professor Birch. (See Email Address below in "Contact Info".)

Let's get to the details of the "Dallas City Championships".

8102 LBJ Freeway
    Dallas, Texas 75251
    Website: www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?moreDesc=true&ctyhocn=DALPKDT&adId=ThayerTX

Date: March 20, 2004

Time:
    Registration Starts: 9:00am
    City Championship Starts: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes:
    1st -16th Place (For Each Age Group)
    (Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, and 15-Over)

Prize Breakdown:

1st Place receives a special "City Championship Medallion", a special "VIP Package" at their "State Championships", and a display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (36)

2nd Place receives 1/2 Display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (18)

3rd-4th Place receives 1/4 Display of "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Booster Packs (9)

5th-8th Place receives 4 "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Packs

9th-16th Place receives 2 "EX Dragon" Pokemon-e TCG Packs

Tournament Format: "EON Modified Constructed Deck"

Decklists are required (available @ tournament) and Decks will be Checked!!! There will be NO PROXYS ALLOWED in the "Dallas City Championships"!!! That means none, zero no copys of Pokemon-e Cards will be permitted.

"EON" Modified Format includes cards from the following Pokemon sets: Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon, Any new Post-EX Dragon Expansion set, and Promo Cards numbered 001 & higher.

With the exception of Basic energy and previously printed cards that appear in current sets, players may not use cards from older Pokemon sets. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released.

**Note: Pokemon USA, Inc has stated that any new set released after the "EX Dragon" series cannot be used in the "City Championships".

Side Events:

"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire"

Below is the information and rules for the "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament.

*GBA Side Event will start at 9:45 - 10:00am.
    *GBA Event is the “Ruby & Sapphire” Game.
    *ONE BIG / Single Elimination Tournament.
    *Sign-up: After you have Registered for “City Championships”.
    **GBA Tournament is FREE!!!!!

The Following Rules Apply:

(1) 3-Pokemon of level 50 or lower
    (2) No two of the same Pokemon
    (3) Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are banned!!!
    (4) No duplicate held items
    (5) Certain powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match
    (6) "Modified” GBA Cartridges are NOT Allowed!!
    (7) Judges’ rulings are final.
    (8) Prizes will be given out to the Top-4 Players

If we have have time, we will have an "Unlimited Constructed Deck" or "Modified Constructed Deck" (EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua are legal) Tournament. Entry Fee is $5.00 / player. Prizes will be determined by amount of palyers.

**Give some feedback on this "Thread" if you are intersted in one of these "Side Events".

What to Bring: $10.00 for the Entry Fee for the "City Championships" / Any extra Money for Drinks, Lunch, Side Events, etc. / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "EON" Modigied Constructed Deck of 60-Cards / POP ID# or if you do not have a POP ID#, we will give you one.

Schedule of "Dallas City Championships":

9:00am: Registration Starts for "City Championships" & "GBA Tournament"
    (Decklists are filled out & turned in.)

9:45-10:00am: "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament Starts

11:00am: "Dallas City Championships" Starts / 30-Minute Rounds
    (??? Rounds of Swiss and we will cut to the Top 25% in each Age Group)

Break for Lunch after the Swiss Rounds for One Hour

Top 25% / Single Elimination Tournament Starts for each Age Group / 30-Minute Rounds

Side Events: Modified or Unlimited Constructed Deck Tournament Starts

Crowning of the "Dallas City Champions"

Hotel Information: The "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel is offering a Special Room Rate. On Friday and / or Saturday nights, mention the "Pokemon Room Rate" and you will receive a room plus breakfast in the morning for $59.00 + tax.

For directions to the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" or any other information, click on the hotel website listed above in the "Location" area of this post.

The Hotel also offers a restaurant, "Au Bon Pain Cafe for your dining needs.

Judges: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth (Head Judge) / Pokemon Professor / PTO
    Paul Stauffer / Pokemon Professor / TO
    Gilbert Valdes, Jr. /Pokemon Professor

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
    aka: Master Professor Birch
    Email Address: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

11. Dallas...You're Next...And the Last.....

~~Dallas...Texas... & Out of State... Pokemon Players~~

This is the last "City Championship" to be held in the State of Texas!!! :mad: If you have not won one of these awesome "Medallions" from a City Championship and "VIP Package" to the "Texas State Championships", this is it for the State of Texas. :nonono:

I have been to some extremely exciting "City Championships". :eek: But, I know that this one will be a WAR!!! :thumb: Some of the BEST PLAYERS have since moved up to older age groups. The "Dallas City Championships" will be a whole different game this time. Some of those almost impossible unbeatable players are no longer in you age group!!! :D

Please read all of the posts on this "thread". The location has changed to the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" Hotel. And the times have changed also.

We are looking for a great attendence for this event in Dallas on March 20, 2004. Let's break all of the other attendences of the "City Championships". :clap:

Take care and get those decks ready. You'll need too.

12. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

man this is even better . This venue is even closer to my dad's house than valley view . very nice see ya at the pre-release in houston and at the doubletree on the 20th . :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  13. ~~Pokemon Players--Near & Far~~

I will be leaving for the Houston's "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament in the morning, March 5th. I will not return until March 12th. I will be on "Spring Break' with my family. While I am gone, fellow professor, "sneaselsfunhouse" will be answering any questions that you might have about the "Dallas City Championships". When I return, I will answer anything that he cannot answer for you.

You guys don't give "sneaselsfunhouse" too hard of a time. Take care and I will see you on March 20th for the "Dallas City Championships". :D

14. Notice.....

~~Notice...This Is The Last City Championship For The State Of Texas~~

This is it!!! The last "City Championship" in the State of Texas. And this is the BIG ONE!!! Top-16 in each age group will receive prizes. This is the last chance to win one of those "City Championship Medallions" and "VIP Packages" to the "State Championships". :D

This will be a preview to the "TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS". If you really want to know what your competition will be like at the "State Championships", you will need to be here on Saturday, March 20th. This will be a highly competitive tournament. If you want to know how you truely rank in this area of the country, be here.
    :thumb:

Registration starts at 9:00am.

"GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament starts at 10:00am

"Dallas City Championships" start at 11:00am

Please read the post on this thread for all of the details of this tournament. It is being held at the "Doubletree Club Dallas-Park Central" at 8102 LBJ Freeway (Highway 635 and Highway 75 @ Coit Road Exit), Dallas, Texas 75251.

I hope to see you here on Saturday. Win this "City Championship" and you will have the "Ultimate Bragging Rights" for the Southwest!!! :clap:

Later.

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

My biggest concern is bragging rights in CC and in GBA tourney.... 1 or both would be even better....

Everyone will "bring it" in this last CC blast in Texas... gl to you all, hope to see ya there....

16. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

You bet they will i know i will.....i cant wait for tyhe war to begin....but i have to tell you all now that i am not going down without a fight, i am not going quietly into the night...i will be at WAR......muwahahahaha

im am interested in the in the GBA and the Modified constructed TeamA vs TeamM

later
    AKA Clay

17. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Make sure you take care of that Hercross problem clay.... i may have to make a counter for it... if I have time...

18. Roll Call...

~~Roll Call for the "Dallas City Championships"~~

I need you guys to start replying on this thread if you know that you are definitely going to be at the "Dallas City Championships". That way I can start entering the players into the "Laptop" as being "Pre-registered. Send me your name and POP ID#s by "Private Message" or email.

Thank you.

19. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

...What do we do if we have no idea what our POP ID is? I've never even bothered to ask Sam X_X

20. :) ~Patriarch~ :)

Call the store that you received your "POP ID#" from and ask for your "POP ID#" and "Password". If you cannot get it from them, I can give a new "POP ID#" and "Password" on Saturday. You will not be the first one that I have given a new "POP ID#". They should have given you the POP ID# and PASSWORD when they registered you for it.

If you have played in any of my "Premier Tournaments", just reply that you are coming on Saturday to the "Dallas City Championships" on this thread. I already have your "POP ID#" on record. Oh yes, NEVER give out your "Password" to anyone. That is yours to use to edit your personal information and to check your ratings.

Thanks for replying, Patriarch.