Damage counters & Dustox

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by yoshi1001, Oct 24, 2003.

1. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

From the 10/23/2003 Rules meeting:

"== PROTECTIVE DUST (Dustox - EX:Ruby/Sapphire)

Q. If I have an attack that "places damage counters", is that considered an effect which is blocked by Dustox's "Protective Dust"?
    A. No. Dustox's Protective Dust prevents "all effects of attacks except damage", so "placing damage counters" is not prevented by Protective Dust. (Oct 23, 2003 PUI Rules Team)"

As I recall, historically, damage counters have not been in the same category as doing this damage. Has this changed, or am I simply reading this wrong?

2. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I'll check.

BDS

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Look at that. I drop off the meeting for a few minutes and everything goes to heck... ::shakes head:: :p

4. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Aarrgghh!! It's Neo Revelation Suicune back from the dead, and with wings!! :eek:

Sigh, looks like we'll have to check into this all over again.

Thanks a lot Yoshi, :rolleyes: (j/k, ;) )
    - CHRISBO

5. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Glad to be of help. Now I know how that guy who caught the foul ball in game 6 feels... ;)

6. Lugias_Realm

Lugias_Realm New Member

Question

So if Dustox's gets the same ruling as Suicune
    Q. Since we're on a roll with the Suicune questions, would it block the placement of Damage counters, and things like Life Drain?
    A. Yes it would, placing damage counters is NOT the same as damage (doing damage). (Nov 15, 2001 WotC Chat, Q205)

That would mean Gardevoir's Feedback( place a number of Damage Counters on your opponents Pokemon for each card in there hand) would now do nothing???