Dangerous Crocodiles...

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Rayquaza14, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

I saw some Hurrican Decks but in every Deck somethings weren't good (my oppinion). So I built my own Crocodile deck...

And here is it:

Pokemon: (24)

4 totodile DP2---------------------------------------------evolving
    3 Crokonow DP2-------------------------------------------evolving and great Power to get Energies in to your hand
    3 Feraligator DP2------------------------------------------main attacker
    1 Feraligatr DF---------------------------------------------snipping and weakness of empoleon and mirror
    3 Skitty PK------------------------------------------------evolving
    3 Delcatty PK----------------------------------------------energy draw (get more cards [energies] in your hand)
    1 Delcatty ex---------------------------------------------- final attack :p
    2 Holon's Castform---------------------------------------- for energies...
    2 Magnemite------------------------------------------------evolving
    2 Magneton------------------------------------------------gets energies back from discardpile (due Delcatty) and is lightning (against empoleon and mirror)

Trainer: (19)
    1 Night Maintenace----------------------------------------if 2 or 3 of your gatr's got KO you can put them back into your deck
    4 Celios---------------------------------------------------to search your decks for catty/ton/gatr
    3 Mentor--------------------------------------------------basic search :)
    1 Copys-------------------------------------------------- if you have a crappy hand, refresh it
    3 Candies------------------------------------------------ for the fast Gatr
    2 Windstorm----------------------------------------------against CC and BF
    2 Lake Boundary----------------------------------------- against Empo/mirror (you have to fight w/ DF Gatr)
    3 TV Reporter--------------------------------------------drawing in the beginning of the match (after setting up you've got your cattys)
    1 Warp Point--------------------------------------------- disrupting and to bring your casty (started) back onto your bank...

Energie (17)
    2 Double rainbows--------------------------------------- for the surprising attack :)
    13 Water------------------------------------------------ attaching and shuffling back into your deck with DP2 Gatr
    2 Scramble---------------------------------------------- surprising attack aswell

Strat:
    Try to setup like this:
    2 Delcatty-1 Magneton - 3 Feraligatr (1 active /2 benched)
    And then use EnergyDraw twice and get your energies back with magneton. Attack with feraligatr MT and shuffle as many energies back into your deck as you need to KO the Def. Pokemon or use its second attack to hold your energies for a stronger Pokemon...

Advice (even if it's not from Steven) and help is needed :)
    thx

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

It called Magnemite, not Magnetilo.. :p
    Anyways, take out yhe PlusPowers, and put in more energy. It's +20 instead of +10 when you use Gatr's best attack.. =/

3. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

Thanks^^
    Magnetilo is magnemite in german :D

Anyway should I put in 4 more energies, so I' d have 20 energies or should I only put in 3 more energies and put in a 2. lake boundary or a 4. Tv ???

4. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

This is basicly my list - the Chingling. plz tell me how well it does with out them.

I don't think that you need over 20nrg, 16 is enough. You also might want to tech in a Castform for searchable nrg. Also when you attach it you bring an nrg back in your hand boosting your attack power by 20, 30 if you take back a DRE.

Why do you use cg Skitty? The pk ones are much better.

You should use 1 catty ex, so your catty line should look like this

3 skitty pk
    3 catty pk
    1 catty ex

You should use 2 scramble and 2 lakeboundry. That way you get to watch your opponents face when you rc into gatr d, play down lb and attach a scramble for a OHKO. It's also great for snipeing piplups. *evil grin* ( I won a battle that way)
    Hope this helps. ; )

5. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

thanks so much...

by the way I played the PK ones, but wrote CG ... don't know why :)

any other suggestions from everyone else?

6. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Holon's Castform scares me... I ran the deck without a starter for a while and didn't like getting donked every so often. I'd drop Castform and something else for at least a 2-1 Chingling/Chimecho, it worked well for me. I also used Warp Point instead of Windstorm because I didn't like having a dead card in almost every match. I guess it depends on your metagame.

7. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

Yeah and In mine there are so many CC and BF, that I'm scared of these. And in my area nobody plays MARIO or fighting so I don't have to fear Casty STarts(that are soooooooooooooooo rare)

But I put in a Warp Point because of the Casty Starts to bring it back....

8. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^ I agree, Castform starts are rare, and the card is to good in this deck to just not use.

You might want to find a way to up it to 3 windstorms.

If you have a lot of BF in you'r area you might want to tech in 1 Tarous cg.

Other than that, the list look great.

9. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

I think 2-2 Windstorm / Lake Boundary is a good mix of both...
    And a Tauros is a waste of space in my oppinion, cause you won't bring it back into your hand !

Any other comments?

10. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

You may want to try out Stantler SW as a starter, and up date some of your trainers for SW.
    Other than that, nice list.

11. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

what does stantler SW?
    and which trainers should I put in?

12. votalesin

votalesin New Member

Stantler is the replacement for Chingling. They have the same attack, though its called something different. 70 hp but he is weak to fighting, a single poke start and a good coin flip, Riolu makes short work of him.

13. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Rilou makes even shorter work of Chingling.

14. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

70 HP +20 weakness means Riolu needs Lake Boundary and Pluspower to one shot, or two plus powers to one shot. (Stantler)

40 HP means Riolu needs one pluspower to one shot. (Chingling)

Fairly obvious which is more survivable. Not to mention Empoleon/Octillery all snipe for 40 damage, to OHKO benched Chinglings. Oh. Whoops.

15. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Stantler also has a second attack *yea* so if you have one on your bench, at leats its not compleatly usless. Can also provide disruption against basic starters.

16. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

Thanks for your SW comments, but here in Switzerland we are not allowed to play DP3 at our first City... SO I need a HP-DP2 deck, and are there any comments on this deck, who aren't SW comments?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.