Dark Mewtwo Ver. 2.0 (Unlimited)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kyogre, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Well I am somewhat excited about Mewtwo EX, and I have always liked Mewtwo so I went off and made a Mewtwo Deck for Unlimited. Also we play by DCI Rules.

Pokemon (16):
    4x Mewtwo EX (Overkill? Maybe :p )
    3x MP Mewtwo
    3x Rocket's Mewtwo
    3x Mightyena (Tech for Psychic Decks)
    3x Poochyena

Trainers (25):
    4x Computer Search
    4x Gold Berry
    4x Oaks
    4x Strength Charms
    3x Switch
    2x Item Finder
    2x Pokemon Fan Club
    2x Ecogyms

Energy (19):
    4x Dark Energy
    15 Psychic Energy

Ok well the Dark Energies and Strength Charms can power up Mewtwo EX for a nice 70 attack (The "Magic" Number). Enough to OHKO most BBP and some Stage one guys such as Articuno, Pelipper, ect. Typical trainers I think, Ecogym for getting back Dark Energies. Mightyena for Tech. Blah Blah.

Only thing it needs is some scoop ups for all the EX Poke but I can't think of room. Any Rates/Suggestions?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, if you completely play by DCI rules, then I don't think Nintendo cards are allowed. Instead of Strength Charms, use PlusPowers -- same effect, but you don't use up your Tool slot, and you can attach more than one. Instead of Mightyena and Poochyena, why not use Sneasel and Murkrow? I would drop about 3-4 Psychic Energies for the Scoop Ups you want. You might want to fit in 1-2 copies of Resistance Gym -- Unlimited is swarming with Psychic Resistance. I like the deck -- simple, focused, and balanced. Just be careful about the Mewtwo EXs -- the EX rule. Not much to worry about, but it can cause trouble if you're careless.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  3. Kyogre

Hmm I should have better explained how we play at my league. We play with EX R/S cards but we don't follow Nintendo's new rules. It was done through popular Vote but I for one want to follow most of the other ppl and play Modified, but they voted on Unlimited, oh well.

I was thinking about Sneasel but I wanted to be more original. I already have a Slowking/Sneasel deck and its too mean for people who want to have fun. Also I didn't know Plus Power didn't fill the Poke Tool slot, I'll look into that. Thanks.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Since PlusPower came out long before Pokemon Tools had even been thought up, it only says to attach it. Unless a card specifically says it's a Pokemon Tool, it isn't. BTW, if you want to be more original, there's still Murkrow -- it's not used often in Unlimited, as I understand it.

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

You might also want to find some jugglers to put in. You can use jugglers first turn, attach energy to MEwtwo EX/MP and use energy absorbsion, thus allowing second turn 60/40.

6. Kyogre

Thats true but I have a lot of discarding cards already. I am not sure if its necessary. Besides, I can't find room for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.