Dark Spirit (dp-ifds)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by lestatxxx, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lestatxxx

lestatxxx New Member

:pokeball::dark::psychic::fighting:

4 larvitar (IFDS)
    2 pupitar (IFDS)
    4 tyranitar (IFDS)
    2 darkrai (MD)
    2 darkrai lv X
    2 baltoy
    2 claydol
    1 abra
    1 alakazam

4 rare candy
    3 bebe search
    1 luxury ball (IFDS)
    2 roseanne research
    3 felicity drawning
    4 pokedrawer+ (IFDS)
    2 TM-TS2 (LA)
    1 night maintence
    2 Moonlight stadium
    2 warp point

16 :dark: basics

Spoiler: (LA-IFDS)

Larvitar LV.19 – Fighting – HP50
    Basic Pokemon

[C] Bite: 10 damage.
    [F][C] Rock Slide: 20 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (+10)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 1

Pupitar LV.33 – Fighting – HP80
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Larvitar

Poke-Body: Energy Protector
    Damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 10 for every Energy attached to this Pokemon. Energy after the third doesn’t count.

[C][C] Rock Smash: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.

Weakness: Grass (+20)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 1

Tyranitar LV.61 – Darkness – HP140
    Stage 2 – Evolves from Pupitar

Poke-Body: Dark Fighting Spirit
    Whenever one of your opponent’s Pokemon uses a Poke-Power, after the effect resolves, search your discard pile for 1 Basic Darkness Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon.

[C][C] Grind: Does 20 damage x the number of Energy attached to Tyranitar.
    [D][D][D][D][D] Spinning Tail: Does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 4

Luxury Ball – Trainer

Search your deck for 1 Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon LV.X), show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

If there’s already a card named Luxury Ball in your discard pile, you can’t play this card.

Pokedrawer + – Trainer

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
    If you play 1 copy, draw 1 card from your deck.
    If you play 2 copies, search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

Technical Machine TS-2 – Trainer – Technical Machine (LA)

[.] De-Evolutionator: De-Evolve 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon (excluding Pokemon LV.X) by 1 Evolutionary stage. The Pokemon card removed by De-Evolution is returned to your opponent’s hand.

To use a Technical Machine, attach it to one of your Pokemon. The Pokemon this card is attached to can use the attack on this card.

Strategy
    simple
    Main attacker Tyranitar sppining tail w/ darkrai lv X big damage
    alakazam cancel effect poke-power (count as that pokemon using it´s poke-power) y auto charge a tyranitar poke-body ^^
    Draw power w/ claydol
    Darkrai w/ TM-TS2 de-evolved pokemon of my opponent, in case of tyranitar is K.O o attack eternal darkness ...
    much trainer and support good speed ^^
    and miasma valley is plus damage =)

Opinion???:thumb:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I think... Miasma Valley might be a bad call in this deck. Yes, you're spreading damage. That means... What to a grass deck? Especially Torterra, which has Huge HP to withstand attacks like Grind, and can heal off Spinning Tail AND has Weakness over you.
    TM2 on the other hand seems like a pretty good call against those decks. Removing their Sceptile is pretty useful. I wouldn't play more then 3 though, since they stay in play. 2 actually probably is a good enough number.
    Now what does need to be fixed is that you don't have any Warp Point in your list... Which is probably not a good idea with how high your retreat costs are (Yes, Moonlight makes them 0. Moonlight doesn't let you bring up Darkrai, LV.X, then retreat it again all in the same turn, now does it?). I'd remove the Miasma Valleys which hurt everything you play (but your 1 Abra) and replace with Warp Points.
    18 Energy sounds really high for a non-Togekiss deck, but it could work. I think I'd change one of them for a third Felecity's, in case you can't get Alakazam out as quickly as you'd like, but that's just me.

On a random note, I think I like MT Pupitar more then IFDS Pupitar. It can spread damage as well, but also has free retreat. Energy Protector... Really shouldn't be used that often, because you'll want so many energies on whatever initial Ttar you can get, so I think a free retreat is more useful. That's just me though.

3. Killax

Killax New Member

I can't but agree to Rai but he's missing a small point (or saying it) I would drop abra/alakazam for 1-1 Togekiss imho this decks is more in need of it than it is in need for a abra/alakazam.

Cheers,

4. lestatxxx

lestatxxx New Member

No togekiss, w/ alakazam cancel poke-power of my opponent and discard 2 energy dark of my hand, is good!
    Rai you're right Miasma valley no ... warp point I had forgotten thankss!!!

- 2 miasma valley
    - 2 dark energy

add+

+ 1 felicity drawning
    + 1 moonlight stadium
    + 2 warp point

edit deck!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.