Dark Vileplume, Unlimited...check it out.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Captain Obviousx1, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Alright, I messed around with the original format of the Dark 'Plume deck, and this is what I ended up with...

Pokemon(17)

4 Oddish (3 Jungle, 1 Rocket...they all have 50 HP)
    3 Dark Vileplume
    4 Electabuzz (Base)
    4 Magmar (Fossil)
    2 Cleffa (Genesis)

Trainers(23)

4 Comp Search
    3 Breeder
    3 Oak
    2 Item Finder
    2 Rocket's Sneak Attack
    2 Lass
    2 Pluspower
    2 Gust Of Wind
    2 Switch
    1 The Boss's Way

Energy(20)

9 Lightning
    9 Fire
    2 Full Heal

It's a fun deck to play, and does well from the play-testing I've done so far.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

My only complaint is that you can only have one 'Plume out at a time. Put in some Gloom so you can change that. Otherwise, someone plays Iggly, and your strategy's sunk. Also, try to put in more Pokemon and Energy with Trainer effects.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  3. Captain Obviousx1

Makes sense, but Iggly is rogue to the point of no one knowing what it does around here, so I shouldn't have a problem. Also, it's trainer heavy, but I need a solid Trainer base if the 'Plume gets messed up some way or another. I'll experiment with Dark Gloom sometime though...if I can find any. ^_^

4. dkates

dkates New Member

I'd drop the Magmars, personally, and add in some R. Zapdos, since it can pull Energy from the discard.

5. Captain Obviousx1

Nah, Magmar seems to play much better in the deck than Zappy has in the few tests I did with it. Normally I would agree, but since this deck likes to lock with status once the Trainers are gone, Magmar works a bit better here.

6. dkates

dkates New Member

If you like to lock, why not use Murkrow? Actually, I'm only half-joking. With no Trainers, Murkrow could be a real beast!

7. Captain Obviousx1

It could, but only 50 HP, a Dark requirement, and a low damage attack will kill it. There's no Trainers around to keep it alive, so that probably wouldn't work out so well. Anyway, a lock isn't the main focus, but it helps. I just think the Murkrow would be a bit much...

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Your call. Just remember, Dark Energy can also help Dark 'Plume if it ever has to attack...

9. Captain Obviousx1

I don't play Grass Energy, no attacking is happening here with 'Plume. ^_^

10. dkates

dkates New Member

Exactly. That was a hint that you might want some Grass Energy. While you're at it, throw in some Scyther.

11. Captain Obviousx1

I tried that, and for some odd reason I hated it. The synergy just wasn't there. I really didn't like it, though it looks like a nice combo with Buzz. It makes perfect sense though, but it just wasn't working...oh well.

Besides, this deck has much more fun with Magmar anyway. Imagine the look on your opponent's face when they can't use Trainers and have to roll to attack. It's evil, but it's so fun.

Another combo I've heard is to run Dark Gloom on the bench, have Plume as your active, and try to get Confused. Then you can use those Trainers that you've saved up, ending with a Switch/Full Heal to cure the Confusion and keep your opponent at a major disadvantage.

Anyway, if I'm at the point where I need to attack with Plume, odds are I can't win anyway. ^_^

12. Salient

Salient New Member

I've already given you my suggestions but I'll give them again for emphasis. I think that you should take out Buzz and the Electric Energy for Scyther and grass energy. This way Dark Plume has a way to at least attack if ever needed. Also put in Dark Gloom! The confuse combo works. Trust me, I played Dark Plume for a while. Also, Dkates is right. It's always good to have more than one in play at any given time. Lastly, add in more Boss's Way. This deck should be able to get Dark Plume out second turn in every game! (-:

13. Captain Obviousx1

Yea, but from my experience, if Plume ever needs to attack, it's probably over anyway. I don't think it's needed...it's not like I'm gonna risk the power for a shot at 90 damage, more likely 30-60. The Dark Gloom thing has been taken into consideration, and I plan to try and get some in the future. Really, the only anti-power tech around here takes away all powers, so one isn't any better than two most of the time. A deck has to be built to oppose its meta-game, which is non-existent when it comes to anti-Power tech around here. The Boss's way suggestion is the one I've been working on...they're going in as soon as I can get some. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.