Darkrai Tin

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Skeith, Mar 3, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Skeith

Skeith New Member

Hi, this is my first post on pokegym. Glad to become part of the commmunity.

I bought a Darkrai Lv. X tin, like 10 mins ago and opened the packs when I got home. This is what I got

Great Encounters:

Slugma
    Mudkip
    Caterpie
    Glameow
    Makuhita
    Reverse Holo Togepi
    Butterfree
    Porygon 2
    Huntail
    Grovyle

1st pack = crap

Secret Wonders 1:

Clefairy
    Burmy (Trash Cloak)
    Wooper
    Murkrow
    Ralts
    Reverse Holo Nidoran Male
    Mothim
    Unknown :unknown-k
    Professor Rowan
    Breloom

2nd pack = crap

Secret Wonders 2:

Sentret
    Charmander
    Phanpy
    Duskull
    Hoppip
    Reverse Holo Venasaur
    Gastrodon
    Plus Power
    Pidgeotto
    Vibrava

3rd pack = crap

Mysterious Treasures:

Gible
    Shinx
    Totodile
    Magikarp
    Chikorita
    Reverse Holo Honchkrow
    Toxicroak
    Bebe's Search
    Dunsparce
    Darkness energy (special)

4th pack = okay

The only good things I got out of this were the Darkrai Lv. X, darkness special energy, and the shiny tin.

I have the worst luck.:mad::mad:

2. deogg

deogg New Member

I had just as bad of luck when I bought the first DP tins. The best things I got out of the tins were the three Lv. X's lol.

3. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

Now wait, it is not all bad. Sure no additional Lv X or anything WOW but I see some decent cards in there ->

Porygon 2 GE is pretty popular for its Download

Ralts SW and often Sentret SW are in the popular Gardy/Gallade deck

Dunsparce is a decent starter in some decks

Bebe's Search is a good supporter

RH Venusaur and Honchkrow are nice too

4. greenzangoose

greenzangoose New Member

Hello Skeith (I like the name, are you a .Hack fan?) Glad you're here. :thumb:

Wow, that's almost as bad of luck as I had... Out of a whole Torterra Lv.X tin the only rares I got (Other than the Lv.X itself,) was 2 Wobbuffet, an Azelf, and a Sudowoodo... Not even any RH rares... :nonono::nonono::nonono:

5. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

it a hit or miss on these tins. Some people get LvX and TSD while other get nothing

6. dtrain

dtrain New Member

Exactly. theres a player at my league who got the Infernape tin and got a TSD
    He then got the Lucario tin and got Magmortar LV X and Gardy LVX. Who does that?

7. OllieK

OllieK New Member

btw the lv.x tins are fixed so thats the only lv.x you get the packs in tins always seem to rubbish so it seems like a resonble theory

8. Zezeta

Zezeta New Member

I've never bought a tin but it seems like one of two things happen. Either you get really good cards or really bad cards. There seems to be no inbetween with the tins.

9. Skeith

Skeith New Member

I have 3 of each of these. >.<

Yup.

My friend bought a Dialga tin today, and he got 4 Lv. X's in ONE TIN.

He got Cressalia Lv.X, Gardevior Lv.X, Magmortar Lv. X, Dialga Lv. X and a TSD. I so mad when he told me.

10. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

lol. Last 2 tins I boutht, both Empoleon X, I got Electivire X and Infernape X

11. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

That's a total load of BS. ask him to explain how he got Mag Lv. X and TSD in 1 pack of Mysterious Treasures. :rolleyes:

12. Skeith

Skeith New Member

He got lucky. I've seen someone at my league pull Cressalia and Cressalia Lv. X in the same pack.:thumb:

13. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

You compare that to a Lv. X AND a TSD? :eek: :nonono:

14. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

I pulled a Gardevoir Lv. X from a Palkia tin, is that what you call "rubbish"? If yes, please send your rubbish my way! :thumb:

15. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Um... I got a Cressalia Lv.x and 2 Blazeiken from a Darkrai tin I got. How is that rubbish?

16. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

Wait a minute how? I mean im no expert but 3 rares? I could understand 1 crees x and A blaiken but its only 1 pack of GE idk j/w but if you did thats really sicky !1!! open all my packs ok!?

17. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Ya, kinda weird now that I think about it...

18. deogg

deogg New Member

Just snagged a Darkrai tin today.

The good news is that I pulled an absolutely FLAWLESS Darkrai Lv X.

The bad news is that once again, the tin curse strikes again. I didn't get jack squat in my 4 packs!

19. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

I have a friend that gets 2 lv X in like each tin.....

20. CheeseEX

CheeseEX New Member

that just means you can put it in a deck and get a beter chance of geting it in your hand