"Darktryvile" deck needs your HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spideyflash, Apr 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spideyflash

Spideyflash New Member

POKEMON:
    Sneasel (SW) x4
    Weavile (SW) x3
    Absol (SW) x4
    Seedot (DP) x4
    Shiftry (DP) x3
    Darkrai (GE) x2 (80HP)
    Darkrai Lv X x2

TRAINERS:
    Bebe's Search x4
    Roseanne's Research x2
    Rare Candy x4
    Scott x2
    Moonlight Stadium x2
    Speed Stadium x1
    Night Maintenance x1
    Professor Oak's Visit x4

ENERGY:
    Dark Energy x14
    Darkness Energy x4

What can I do to make this deck better?!?! Please help. Need it for regionals this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

First thing that jumps out at me is your choice of Pokemon searcher in Bebe's Search. Bebe is inferior to Celio's Network here, because 1) you aren't running any pokemon ex, and 2) you're not running Claydol, so getting cards out of your hand shouldn't be a concern.

Second thing I see is that you're running zero Nuzleaf. I'd drop one Rare Candy and one basic dark energy for two of them. Also consider dropping one Seedot. Your starter here should be Sneasel (for a quick Weavile) or Absol (to mess up your opponent). You don't need a 4-2-3 line, I don't think.

Good luck.

3. Spideyflash

Spideyflash New Member

Well unfortunately I have no celio networks since I am sorta new to the game. This will be my first competition with a main deck like this.

So how about this?...

POKEMON:
    Sneasel (SW) x4
    Weavile (SW) x3
    Absol (SW) x4
    Seedot (DP) x4
    Nuzleaf x2
    Shiftry (DP) x3
    Darkrai (GE) x2 (80HP)
    Darkrai Lv X x2

TRAINERS:
    Bebe's Search x2(Have no Celio unfortunately)
    Professor Elm Training Method x2
    Roseanne's Research x2
    Rare Candy x3
    Scott x2
    Moonlight Stadium x2
    Speed Stadium x1
    Night Maintenance x2
    Team Galactic mars x2
    Team Galactic wager x2

ENERGY:
    Dark Energy x12
    Darkness Energy x4

Modified:
    -rare candy (x1), -dark energy (x2), +Nuzleaf (x2), +Night Maintenance (x1), -oak's visit (x4), +Team galactic wager (x2), +Team galactic mars (x2), -bebe search (x2), +professor elm (x2)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  4. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

You need more draw in this deck to get things set up faster. Drop 1 seedot. a 3-2-3 line of shiftry is fine. Same with weavile. A 3-3 line of weavile works too. You're never going to need more than one on the bench at a time. Drop a night maintenance. 2 always seems to be too much. Scott....drop one. That leaves you with 4 spots in the deck open. Add in 4 draw trainers, like 2 more Galactic's mars, and 2 Professor oak's visit or TV reporter. Something that can get more draw into your deck. A simple change like this should speed things up a bit!

5. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

If you have Shiftry EX from PK, it would be a good thing to add him.
    Skill Hack for 1 Colorless Energy let's you use an attack from any pokemon that your opponent has in his/her hand!
    And Dirge does 60 damage to every pokemon with the same name! Now with Darkrai in play, you can KO the Active quickly while spreading heavy damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.