Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Darkwind Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everwind

I am relatively new to Pokemon, and my library is limited but this is what I came up with. Whole point is to disrupt the other player by forcing the opponent to switch their Pokemon with their bench.

Darkrai #4 x 3 (Darkness Roar)
Darkrai Lvl X

Pidgeot (4-4-4) (Whirlwind)
Sneasel x2
Weavile (SW) x2

Sidney's Stadium x2
Team G Mars x2
Rare Candy x2
Plus Power x 2
Prof Elm's x2
Quick Ball x2
Roseanne's Research x2
Dusk Ball x2
Energy Removal x2
Scott
Prof Oaks
Pokedex
Night Maintenance

Special Dark x4
Dark Energy x 13

While I know this is not going to win any major tournaments I think it will be fun and could very well keep the heavy hitters off the active slot and win by killing the support pieces. I would love to have more Weavile to add damage using Lvl x power or special dark energy but that seems to be too many pokes....

get rid of:
-2 Quickballs
-2 Prof. Elm
-1Pokedex

add
+4 celio's network
+3 Prof. Oaks
+2 Warp Points
+1 Night Maintance

Last edited:
Your adding more than your taking away?

Agree on Warp points, I have orderd 4 of those. Celios would be great if I had them. Perhaps e-bay will be kind to me. Only trainers that seem unecessary are the plus powers, I could take those away and likely not change the balance of power?

pah. its NOT as close as what u would call speed. keen eye requires no energy for 2 cards, just play a 2-2 claydol because its ownage. i dont even see teh DP weavile. anyways, it makes you waste a turn for something u can do in the middle of your turn and attack with something better. to many 1 trainers. focus on 2-4 and not too many 1s

After some play testing the SP Weavile line actualy became very intrinsic to the deck, more so than the Darkrai Lvl X. I am really pleased with how this deck functions. I upped to 3 Sneasels and 3 Weaviles.

I don't own any Celios but agree it is a great card for the deck.
I don't think the Energy Removal is needed anymore and will be adding warp energy or switches at least two.

I think 2 Night Maintenance Works and try to work in more Prof Oak's Visit.

I wouldn't mind adding in Claydol 2-2 but that seem like an awful lot of Pokes....and one of the reasons I like this deck is that it is not absolutely reliant on the Pokepowers to be effective, it just makes it stronger. Although having Whirlwind do 60 points of damage is pretty nice one it is turned dark by weavile with SDE attackhed even if Darkrai Lvl X is not out.

play the pokemon line like this
3-1 darkrai (one MD, 2 sleep hole)
2-2 weavlie (SW)
2-2 wigglytuff (GE)
2-0-2 pigeot (SW)
pigeot should only be something u need to stop the fighting type pokemon, weavile and darkrai will take care of the rest. don't say anything like that i am wrong, i made 12 in regionals with a deck like this.

Ashinto,

I looked long and hard and Wiggly + Sidney's and I think it is a valid build. In some ways I am sure it is actualy more reliable damage mitigation with the auto sleep. But in the end I really wanted to focus on the switching aspect and controlling the battle via switching the defending pokemon. So I had to sacrifice something and since I only owned 1 wiggly anyway....

I would never say your wrong just that I am sitting in a different pew in the same church.

i got it, but believe me, i am right. you will come to learn the need of it when u learn to your 5 G&G in a row, u now that u have to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back