Darkwinds II

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Everwind, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everwind

Everwind New Member

Ok I have played my Darkwind Deck (Darkrai/Weavile/Pidgeot) deck against some good opponents. It starts well and quickly allows me to take the first prize card. Then it stalls. I can't seem to get a solid bench ready for mid to late game, or replace my inevitable losses.

The switching mechanic of Whirlwind works great early game, but once they have an established bench they seem to be able to overcome it. As long as I can do 60 to 70 points per attack I can usually KO something. If end up doing just a straight 50 then I lose the war of attrition.

Anyway this deck just stalls and it needs some serious help. What is in the deck now...it almost seems as if I have 2 many supporters...

2x Darkrai (4)
    2x Darkrai (LvX)
    4x Sneasel
    4x Weavile (SW)
    4-3-4 Pidgeot

2x Team Galactic Mars
    3x Rare Candy
    4x Bebe's
    3x Prof Oak's V
    2x Warp Point
    3x Roseanne's
    2x Premier Ball
    1x Night Maint

3x Call Energy
    4x Special Darks
    9x Dark E

2. lestatxxx

lestatxxx New Member

-2 sneasel
    - 2 weavile
    - 2 tg mars
    - 1 roseane
    - 1 premier ball
    - 4 special dark
    - 1 pigey
    - 1 pigeot

add+

+ 2 baltoy
    + 2 Claydol
    + 1 night maintence
    + 1 moon light ó / rare candy*
    + 2 chansey ó / togepi*
    + 2 blissey ó /tegekiss*
    + 4 dark energy

3. Everwind

Everwind New Member

I think the Weavile's are essential since they turn Pideot Dark so the special dark energy's boost damage, and weavile can search them out. Doing 70 damage for 2 energy seems pretty good to me...

I think the basic deck works pretty well, I just need a better engine. I don't see how I can add baltoy/claydol without sacrificing something important or losing reliability....

If anything, maybe it is darkrai that should be trimmed down?

Maybe go with just 1-1 line
    drop sneasle/weavile to 3-3 to add 2-2 clay/bal?

4. lestatxxx

lestatxxx New Member

tke out 2 tg mars (no is necessary, many supporter ) and 1 sneasel and weavile, and add+ 2 baltoy and 2 claydol ^^ this is the best engine =)
    in all decks will

good luck!!

Try it well

5. The Machampion

The Machampion New Member

I Like The Idea Of Ure deck, But In The Terms of damage, They Can Spycich lock you, Thats Ure Dark Pidgeot Gone, And it doesnt give out steady damage,

So I Was Thinkibng Try Out Honchkrow

6. Yukimenoko

Yukimenoko New Member

i played honchkrow, it's WAAAAY better

7. charchar

charchar New Member

both is okay.honch is faster and u just need one honchcrow charged and the murcrow clear it up. but still both dies these days. - 1-1 weavile. no mars. 4 candies. 1 premier ball. 2-2 claydol. without claydol well its just.... ehh too slow.

8. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

I'm just curious if anyone actually thinks of "Mirror Move" when they think of the SW Pidgeot. I have played this deck before, very nice, no need for Honchkrow. You are already doing a good amount of damage, making your opponent switch pokemon AND if you Pidgeot happens to survive a big attack, Dark Engage and Mirror Move for massive amounts of damage. The only fix i would make is maybe trying to fit in a 1-1 or 2-2 Raticate SW (no i am not crazy, it's a great card with dark energy, and does alot of damage if you hit the occasional coin flip)

9. charchar

charchar New Member

is dark engage weaviles poke-power? the one it makes your active dark?

10. charchar

charchar New Member

dark engage and mirror move can work? im going to check what teh pegiot does. i forgot the text.

11. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

yeah. You can use a power at any time unless the effect of an attack says so. So you just use the Poke-Power, and then use Mirror Move if you got hit last turn to do alot of damage, so IMO, no Honchkrow is necessary

12. charchar

charchar New Member

im not saying u use both pigy and honch. seperate decks.

13. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

what? i'm saying that you don't really need to use Honchkrow because Pidgeot is enough as far as damage and disrupting goes

14. Everwind

Everwind New Member

Yes, mirror move is an inconsistent but nice power. If you survive a big attack, the return fire which can be boosted by having special darks and weavile's dark engage active can easily turn the 80 point shot right back for a 100. For this reason going second with this deck seems to help.

Even Pidgeotos Quick Attack can do 50-80 points with a lucky coin flip and 2 special darks...all for a lovely 2 energy.

The whole idea is that if everything is set up right and Darkria lv X and Weavile are out all dark energies can become essentialy plus powers boosting damage nicely. Annoying attackers are sent to the bench where I make the opponent burn energy retreating pokes or killing them outright, then using Darkrai's Endless Darkness attack for the finish.

Until this last weekend I had never played a Evee deck (with umbreon) providing free retreat which circumvented my switching somewhat.

I am still learning this deck and figuring when to go with Darkrai as an attacker, when to go with the birds. A sneasel/weavile start does seem to be the best opening using shadow charge to grab the 2 special dark energies from the deck, next turn free retreat and begin attacking.

15. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

Maybe add some Houndoom, to deal some nice consistent damage? Just an idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.