Dawn Stadium vs. Shocking Tail

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Pajamas, Jun 11, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Pajamas

Pajamas <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I'm sure you're pretty sick of hearing about Dawn Stadium, but some of these subtleties really deserve official rulings.

I've just noticed a seemingly important difference in the text of Dawn Stadium and Electivire Lv.X. Dawn Stadium refers to "Whenever any player attaches an Energy card from his or her hand to G Pokemon or W Pokemon"... "Pokemon" here is plural, so "whenever" refers to an action that attaches energy to any number of Pokemon. Electivire Lv.X's Shocking Tail refers to "whenever your opponent attaches an Energy card from his or her hand to 1 of his or her Pokemon", which seems to make a distinction with respect to the number of Pokemon affected by the attachment action.

If you use Blastoise SW's Waterlog to attach two W energy to each of two W Pokemon, and Dawn Stadium is in play, how many total damage counters are removed? Based on previous rulings, it seems that the answer is one. If this is the case, what determines from which Pokemon the counter is removed?

If your opponent has Electivire Lv.X active, how many total damage counters do they place? It seems to me that the answer is four, two to each Pokemon who received any energy. Two or eight also seem like plausible answers... if the answer is not four, can you please explain why?

Thank you in advance.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You would get to apply Dawn Stadium to each Pokemon that has Energy card(s) attached to it.
    So, removed 1 for each as well as all Special Conditions.