Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dayton, Oh City Championships December 19, 2004

Dayton_Pokémom

When:Sunday, December 19, 2004

Where:705 Lyons Rd Dayton, OH 45459 ~937-291-0307~

Entry Fee: FREE

Tournament Structure: Constructed - Each player is required to bring a modified legal deck to use. This is the only deck that may be used during the tournament. You will also be required to either bring a completed decklist or fill one out on site. If you plan on filling one out on site it must be completed and turned in by 11:00 AM

All Players Receive: 1POP Series 1 booster & a Promo card while supplies last

Prizes: 1st place: 18 boosters, 1st place medal
2nd place: 9 boosters
3rd & 4th place: 4 boosters

SIDE EVENTS:

Side Events may or may not run or maybe limited due to product availability.

Constructed Tournaments - Modified or Unlimited
Maximum of 32 players per event
Cost: $5
Players will use their own format specific deck and play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players.
Prizes: For every 8 players, the PTO will add 12 boosters to the prize pool.
Booster Drafts
Standard Booster Draft
Maximum of 8 players per flight
Cost: $15
Players will receive 5 booster packs of Rocket Returns and build a deck from cards pulled in a Standard Booster Draft (basic energies will be provided). Players will then play in single elimination rounds.
Prizes:
1st Place: 5 boosters
2nd Place: 3 boosters
3rd & 4th Place: 2 boosters
Rochester Booster Draft
Maximum of 8 players per flight
Cost: $20
Players will receive 6 booster packs of Rocket Returns and build a deck from cards pulled in a Rochester Booster Draft (basic energies will be provided). Players will then play in single elimination rounds.
Prizes:
1st Place: 5 boosters
2nd Place: 3 boosters
3rd & 4th Place: 2 boosters
Sealed Deck
Maximum of 32 players
Cost: $20
Players will receive 6 packs of Rocket Returns to build a 40 card deck (basic energies will be provided). Players will them play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players.
GameBoy Battle Tower
Maximum of 32 players
Cost: FREE
Players must provide their own GameBoy, Pokemon Game Cartridge (Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, or LeafGreen), and Link Cable/Wireless Adapter. Players must be able to interface with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
Players will play straight Swiss rounds determined by the number of players. Rounds are 10 minutes long.
Restrictions: No Game-Sharked Cartridges! No Pokemon over Level 50. No Legendary Pokemon: Kyogre, Groudon, Jirachi, Deoxys, Regi-Ice, Regi-Steel, Regi-Rock, etc. No Rest type moves after 7 minutes into the round.

Miscellaneous Information:

The store has the following items for sale: sleeves, dice, counters, boosters, You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages and eat them in the store. They do ask that all coolers are stored in your vehicles until needed. The store is not responsible for lost or stolen items so please keep this in mind. Also as a common courtesy PLEASE clean up any and ALL messes that you make.

If you have any questions about the event please email Steve & Margaret Gillette at [email protected]

League Area:
This is a chance for those who have to give up a chance going to League to attend the City Championship to still be able to get some League Points. If you do not belong to a league and would like to find out information about one close to you I will have information for you.

Each player who would like to participate in the League area will be given a sheet of paper with information about Leagues in the area and some surrounding states. This is also the sheet of paper that you will collect your points on. You will have to follow the normal League rules so none of your City Championship or Side Event Tournament games will count. You will also have to complete the games. After the City Championship you take this sheet to your local League and have them transfer all your points into your badge book.

Directions:

From the greater Columbus Area

From the greater Cleveland Area

From the greater Cincinnati Area

From the greater Toledo Area

From the greater Richmond, Indiana Area

Last edited:
Bump!

Just a few days left! This event has the potential to draw some of the best talent in the US - Ohio, Michigan, and possibly Illinois.

DaytonGymLeader said:
Bump!

Just a few days left! This event has the potential to draw some of the best talent in the US - Ohio, Michigan, and possibly Illinois.

Yes, but you're going up against the wildly-sought-after Odenton, MD CC on the SAME DAY!!! Can you stand the competition?!?!?!?

Wishing you the best in attendance! :D

I would go, but I am going to Tecumsah, MI- closer for me and I have family in the area- so I don't have to drive all the way there/back in one shot. Good luck and I hope you have a nice turn out, I know you guys run good tourneys.

This is gunna be a good one. I know for a fact this WILL be the hardest City Championship of the year. There will be at least a dozen of the US's top players from all around. Hope to see you on my way out with the medal ;D. Btw, please spell Dayton right on the it, not only on my Worlds 2002 plaque was Pokemon spelled wrong (PokemAn), but at Iowa, Marshalltown was spelled wrong (Marshaltown). NOT COOL!

Last edited:
Alex,

Even if it wasn't 3+ hours away, I still am not going. Stupid strep throat! :(

Best of luck to everyone who can go. I'll be going to the event in Indepedence next Jan.

~Jim

Nooooo... I mean YEESSS, cause that big stupid colorless Slowking wannanbe is good vs my Blaze deck. Ohh well, I'll send you a picture of me holding my trophy, and then maybe ill send you a G rated one of what I win. (Think about it for a second, then you'll get it :D)

Jesus Alex, you quit the game for almost a year, but still have that overall cockiness to your personality Amazing finally somebody worse then Fulop;D

I wish I could be one of those Top players from around the country coming down but I cant:(.

I cant wait to see the results from this one...

~AJ

I think Fulop, Drew, or Wetz will take this one, 'cause the rest of you won't be creative =P

Last edited:
Awesome. Good for him. Top 10 was 8 Dragonite Decks, his, and then some other thing. Good job on beating the broken draggy.

Draggy isn't so much broken as it is broken vs all the current decks people were using. It cannot hit the bench so it can be stalled a bit vs and if you can get set up you can usually take it down. I dunno, Amphy just wrecks it though, as should a nice T-tar build, and Crystal Shard next set is going to be ugly.

Well, the basic idea is obviously to use Ampharos to deal 20 damage to all my opponents Pokemon. Once they re-evolve, I use Rock TM to not only disrupt set up which is HUGE, but also to deal 20 more damage to them all. The deck has alot of versitility in that it can play one energy and Rock TM for big effects at any time, and because it is so effective at disruptioon while attacking. Amphy can deal 60-70 for 2 energy ( with DRE ) and more with Str Charm. Pidgeot covers Fg Resistance, and Hypno helps a ton vs Blaziken due to the full bench. it also is a quick attack for a DRE, and its first attack, on a flip, can mimic Amphys attack. Hypno is in because all the cards with direct synergy with Amphy are stage 2s and don't fit and maim the consistancy.

Back