Dayton, Ohio City Championships

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by DaytonGymLeader, Jan 13, 2004.

1. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

When: 2/7/04 - Registration starts at 11AM, first round at 12:15.
    Where: Books-A-Million #307, 705 Lyons Road, Dayton, Ohio, 45459, Phone 937-291-0307
    Entry Fee: $5
    Format: Constructed Modified (60 card deck, no more - no less. All cards from Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby/Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragons, and Black Star Promos numbered 001 and up are legal)
    Pairings: Age Modified Swiss (yes, there's only 1 tournament, not 1 per age group)
    Prizes: All Prizes are per age group-
    1st: 1 Box Pokemon e-TCG Product (36 packs)
    2nd: 1/2 Box Pokemon e-TCG Product (18 packs)
    3/4th: 1/4 Pokemon e-TCG Product (9 packs)
    The Winner of each age group will also win a City Championships Medalion and VIP Package when they attend the Ohio State Champinships in April.

Side events: There will be an EX R/S / Sandstorm draft (4 packs R/S, 2 packs Sandstorm) for $15 (8 person minimum, 18 person maximum). Prizes to be determined.

You will need to have a decklist filled out prior to entry. Decklists will be available on site.

If you have a POP ID, please bring it with you. If you do not, we can issue you one on-site.

If you have any questions, either ask here or drop us a line directly at dayton_tcg_leagues@netzero.net.

2. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

DaytonGymLeader do you know if the Black Star promos includes the Best Of promos or not ? Thanks.

3. Edderz

Edderz New Member

This does not include WotC Best Promos. He was talking about Groudon, Kyogre etc and upwards.

4. DaytonGymLeader

Best Of Game Promos have never been kosher for Modified under Nintendo.

5. DaytonGymLeader

6. DaytonGymLeader

5 days left. Bump.

7. TheFubuM1zer

TheFubuM1zer New Member

The Miza Will Be There To Own The Day ;), BTW ive heard there are now Top8's ....is this right?

8. DaytonGymLeader

Still mulling it over.

9. TeHGodlyRaY

TeHGodlyRaY New Member

Joel, buddy IM i staying the weekend at your house

Anyways any players heading down from the Cleveland area or coming through the cleveland area, i need a ride!!
    i will pay towards gas and lunch if your lucky

10. TheFubuM1zer

TheFubuM1zer New Member

Dayton GYM Leader i need a POP ID, and also would u happen to have a Wailord (CCC 50 Of Course) or know any1 that has it....i need to borrow one

11. DaytonGymLeader

POP IDs are not a problem, we've got a batch of them. I should also have that card as well.

12. TheFubuM1zer

TheFubuM1zer New Member

k gym leader....do u have aim or nething...or know what i look like....MAKE SURE U CAN GET ME THAT CARD TOMMROW!!!!.............if u dont know what i look like post ur email or aim or somethin...and ilel send u a pic

13. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Sorry guys, but Dayton is too far away for me to get to, I only have a choice between Parma and Lebanon. If you registered one in Butler or Monroville PA, then I could have attended. Good luck, hope to see you in states.

14. DaytonGymLeader

Have faith, oh ye of little. I know exactly who you are.

Unfortunately, we won't be making the trek to Western PA this cycle.

15. DaytonGymLeader

OK! Had 58 players today! Lots of good stuff to tell you about, but it's gonna wait until tomorrow after I can gather everything.

Congrats to John Wetz (15+), Steven Davis (11-14), and Jacob Davis (10-) for winning their perspective age groups and Steven Davis for winning the whole shebang!

16. TheFubuM1zer

TheFubuM1zer New Member

this was my tourney :'(

17. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Okay here's my report on it. :)

Me and my huge group got there about 10:30 am and started to fill out our decklists and register and distribute all the decks I had made for all my friends. :rolleyes: It's not easy making 7 eon decks at once lol. :p First round started around noonish I think. I can't remember the name of the person I played, but I won on I believe it was turn 2 or 3. He got stuck with only a Cacnea and I got up a Blaziken almost immediately which was basically game.

1-0

Second game was about the same, all I saw was an Xatu, which I later found out also played Aggron Ex in it, that game ended turn 3 as well. I got Blaziken out turn 3 and had a Rayquaza on bench turn 2, attached lightning to benched Rayquaza and Firestarted my only energy in discard to Rayquaza and passed. My next turn came and I didn't have an Ampharos or an energy in hand or discard so I couldn't attach or use firestarter, but I realized I had Fisherman and retreated Dunsparce discarding a fire and used Fisherman, attached fire and koed his Xatu for game.

2-0

Game three lasted longest of all the games before lunch... 5 turns I think lol. All I saw were three Torchics and they all died fairly quick.

3-0

Break for lunch - Me and all my friends and Croconaw88 from Pojo went to a resturant called Old Country Buffet, it was kinda fun lol. We all laughed a lot. :rolleyes:

Game four -

This was my hardest match of the day, Gardevoir ex. He was really a very good player and he managed to get 4 prizes off me. The majority of them were Dunsparce I stalled with while I powered up Rayquaza to kill his Gardevoir ex. I managed to pull out the win.

4-0

Game five - I played against another BAR deck, I got a faster start and 2 blazikens and 1 ampharos out very fast. I pulled out the win without much problem, all I lost was a Dunsparce (which I wanted to be koed so I could get my third Blaziken out).

5-0

Game 6 -

I played against one of my friends, Jordan Wilson, he played a deck I made for him, Swampert/Dragonite ex/Magneton. He was undefeated til that round... and I kinda slaughtered him. I played a warp point which really screwed up his set up.

6-0

Game 7 - This was the last game of Swiss rounds, I played against another Blaziken something deck... I don't really know what else was in it besides Delcatty and Magneton, I'm guessing Rayquaza Ex. I won on like turn 4.

7-0

Cut to top 8.

I'm on first overall, and in 15+.

First game of T8 -

I really don't remember what I played against or who... all I remember is I won lol.

Game 2 of T8 -

I played against the same kid I played against for the final round of the Swiss, the game went about the same, I won very quick.

9-0

Last game of the day.

I was playing against another Blaziken/Rayquaza deck. I got such an unlucky start, all I had for a Pokemon was a Torchic... and that's all I got. I lost :mad: but oh well. I still got first in the 15+. Congrats to Steven for taking first overall!

I had a blast, it was a lot of fun! :) Thanks for a great tournament DaytonGymLeader.

18. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Congrats John! Thanks for writing up a report, its cool to see what was played there and such. I can't wait for my CC lol.

19. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Pokemon(26)
    4 Torchic DR
    2 Combusken RS
    4 Blaziken
    3 Rayquaza ex
    2 Skitty SS
    2 Delcatty(Energy Draw)
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Mareep DR
    1 Flaaffy DR
    2 Ampharos (expediton)

Trainers(18)
    4 Oak's Research
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Oracle
    3 Rare Candy
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman
    1 Warp Point

Energy(16)
    12 Fire
    4 Lightning

That's the deck list I played. Just thought I'd share if anyone wanted to see it.

BTW Thanx Nike.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2004