Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Deadly Frogs! (A great Gardilade counter!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxictaipan

Okay here is my decklist for Deadly Frogs!. Please post your opinions on this deck and how to improve it. But take note. This deck beat my brother's City Chamionship winning deck (Gardilade) on its first try!

-------------
Pokemon 17

4 Croagunk MT

4 Toxicroak MT

3 Gastly DP

3 Haunter DP

3 Gengar DP
-----------------

Trainers/Supporters

4 Bebe's Search

4 Roseanne's Research

4 Team Galactic's Mars

4 Professor Oak's Visit

4 Quick Ball

4 PlusPower

3 Rare Candy
--------------------------

Energy 16

Psychic Energy 16
-------------------

Srategy. Start with Croagunk and use Chastly Sound so your opponent can't play a supporter on there next turn. On turn two hope that you have a Toxicroak or a Trainer to search for him and do and instant 40 damage with Knuckle Claws (this includes Poison!).His :pbody: Poison Sacs is Great with Knuckle Claws! With a one Energy Retreat Cost it's very easy to get him out in times of truble. If your start is Gastly then just move Damage Counters from Gastly to one of your opponent's Pokemon. And as soon as possible evolve into Haunter and put them to Sleep then use Dream Eater if they're still Sleeping if not evolve to Gengar and use Shadow Dance if it will knock them out. If not then use Life Drain to put damage on them until they have 10 HP left and then use Shadow Dance to knock out and put 3 damage dounters on a Benched Pokemon. With a one Energy Retreat Cost it's easy to Retreat too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bebe's Search is to (you guessed it) search for a Pokemon.

Roseanne's Research is to get all of the Basic Pokemon out of the deck so Quick Ball get a evolution Pokemon. Also grabs Energy in times of need!

Professor Oak's Visit and Team Galactic's Mars are your basic draw power.

We all know what Rare Candy is for!

PlusPower is to do a masive 70 Damage to Gardevoir/Gallade (80 if you include Poison!) For a stage one and only two Energy. This is great! Remember you can play more than one a turn if you need to!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghastly Sound:
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent can't play and Supporter cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

Knuckle Claws:
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Poison Sacs:
Your opponent can't remove the Special Condition Poisoned by evloving or devoling his or her Poisoned Pokemon. (This also includes putting a Pokemon Level-Up card onto the Poisoned Pokemon.)

Life Drain:
Flip a coin. If heads, put damage counters on the Defending Pokemon until it is 10 HP from being Knocked Out.

Shadow Dance:
Put 4 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. Then, switch Gengar with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Last edited:
Just because your psychic, doesn't make it a counter.
No but if you would kindly read in my first post. Errrrrrrrr Errrmmmmmm!

toxictaipan:
Okay here is my decklist for Deadly Frogs!. Please post your opinions on this deck and how to improve it. But take note. This deck beat my brother's City Chamionship winning deck (Gardilade) on its first try!

Does this not help?

It was probably a fluke. I can't see how this deck can beat G&G in a normal game (one where both people can get a normal setup).

It was probably a fluke. I can't see how this deck can beat G&G in a normal game (one where both people can get a normal setup).
I was no fluke my man. I built his deck and this one beat his. People build better decks over time. Just try it (you might like it if my strategy was backwards*).

NEW*******
I played him again and won again! That makes it 2-0 against Gardilade!

A fluke huh?

Last edited:
Gengar makes a good combo/counter for Gadry Lv. X, because a sucessful life drain = target for BringDown.

This deck is terrible, TRUK owned you, and beating your brother (a junior) any amount of times proves nothing, testing Bad players against bad players is pointless.

Oh and to be constructive:

-3/3/3 Gengar
-4/4 Toxicroak

+4/2/3/1/1 Gallade/Gardy/X
+4 Absol
+2 Darkness

-10 Psychic
+4 DRE
+2 Scramble
+4 Better trainers

Professor Oak's Visit and Team Galactic's Mars are your basic draw power.

This and Ghastly wont realy help you much against a Gallade/Gardy they will use the wagers against you and discard all of your ball engine with absol beforer you use it.

Playing it against one gardy deck wont make it a great counter when you can win 70% of your games against gardy decks that sweep whole tournaments then it can be considered a counter for gallade.

ALSO A BIG PROBLEM!!!!!
Gengar and the rest of his family line are weak to darkness.
HELLO TO A WELL PLACED RAID!!!!!!

If you get stuck with a lone ghastly start then your opponent could do the single absol play from his/her hand and OHKO a ghastly for 1 energy.

All these reason only build up for gallade to be a counter to you.

This deck is terrible, TRUK owned you, and beating your brother (a junior) any amount of times proves nothing, testing Bad players against bad players is pointless.

-3/3/3 Gengar
-4/4 Toxicroak

+4 Absol
+2 Darkness

-10 Psychic
+4 DRE
+2 Scramble
+4 Better trainers

That deck won Citys. Gardilade that is.
and sir I hate to bust your big bubble butt but we are both very good. this deck is made to Poision your opponent and use life drain to do an instant knock out or use toxicroak to do damage until 40 HP from being knocked out and bring up Gengar. Just cuz you don't like my deck does not mean you have to dis it.

And how do you expect me to get all of those cards in 3 days with no league in between? If I had those I would play it duh!

i just want to say that i don't think it reflects poorly on this deck that absol can " discard your ball engine before you get to use it" absol discards any card randomly before you use them, that doesn't mean that relying on cards that allow absol to discard an extra card is inconsistant

also t1 raid only deals 20 to ghastly, it can come in handy later for quick damage though

also i agree that this isn't an effective counter to gardy/llade, the pokemon are just terrible, that's my beef with it, toxicroak is a weak attacker with very low hp and is, itself weak to psychic, gengar , is dark weak which, in this format is pretty bad, and his attack is flippy, i've always liked the pure power attack he has but that attack is slow, and neither of his attacks even take advantage of his psychic type,

i would just have to say that cacturn pk is the better play for gengar, but it wouldn't have anything to do with gardy/llade,

i don't doubt yours and your brothers skill but i just think if you came up with a list of the decks you will see at a tourny and averaged out your matchups i think you might choose against playing it,

No offence but, this deck is mediocre at best. It is flippy and it takes two turns to KO one Pokemon while in the mean time Gardevoir Lv.X could take out Gengar. I am not surprised you beat your brother (is he a junior/senior and what are you senior/master???) because of Weakness. That is besides the point, (I have done pretty well at Cities,23-2, and I have lost almost ever "home"/non-sanctioned battle I play in) you could just get a great hand and he could get a bad hand. Even though you think this deck will work, it won't, trust me. Toxicroak and Gengar a TERRIBLE excuses for cards and could have EASILY been passed off as Uncommons. Battle someone elses G&G deck that has won Cities (and is in Masters) and tell me how you did. Until then, play G&G or don't play at all.

That deck won Citys. Gardilade that is.
and sir I hate to bust your big bubble butt but we are both very good. this deck is made to Poision your opponent and use life drain to do an instant knock out or use toxicroak to do damage until 40 HP from being knocked out and bring up Gengar. Just cuz you don't like my deck does not mean you have to dis it.

And how do you expect me to get all of those cards in 3 days with no league in between? If I had those I would play it duh!

ROFL. It won a cities in juniors, that's great. Gallade/Absol (Gardilade as noobs call it) is a good deck. I know since I've won 5 cities with it against at least somewhat legit competition. I don't think a good player can come up with such a bad deck as this. And restating your dumb strategy doesn't tell me it's good. This deck takes two turns to get a KO. And I could easily go 5-0 vs. this with Gallade/Absol, because ya know, Absol resists the whole deck and Gengar can either do flip for damage or 40 for 3 which is terrible. So you'll do Toxicroak until I'm at 40... What if I, don't know KOd Toxicroak after you did 70? I know I'm thinking out of the box here, but what if ABSOL discarded your whole hand and you didn't even get any evolutions out?! But then again no one plays Absol and if they did they wouldn't win 70% of their games by discarding your hand. I'm so silly thinking like that. Now GG noob.

..... Battle someone elses G&G deck that has won Cities (and is in Masters) and tell me how you did. Until then, play G&G or don't play at all.
Kinda harsh don't you think Zach? Try to come up with a bit of constructive criticism. Talking smack will not make it easier for him/her to learn, nor does it make you look very good. Come up with some usable advice or your comments may be deleted.

As for my advice, take out all the quick ball, 1 Pluspower, 1 Mars, and 1 Haunter, add in 3 Master ball, 3 Dusk ball, and 2 Pokedex. Your deck won't be quite so supporter oriented, but it may run faster. If Absol takes out some trainers, you can still come back.

-3/3/3 Gengar
-4/4 Toxicroak

+4 Absol
+2 Darkness

-10 Psychic
+4 DRE
+2 Scramble
+4 Better trainers

u kno gardilade is not the only deck in the world. every one copied it from a few people who thought of an OBVIOUS combo. you cant just say gardilade i undefatible. how do u know this is a deck not worth using. i build random decks and they work. and this could be good if he poidons u then life drain is an auto knock-out if heads

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

but you do need scramble and DRE

Last edited:
u kno gardilade is not the only deck in the world. every one copied it from a few people who thought of an OBVIOUS combo. you cant just say gardilade i undefatible. how do u know this is a deck not worth using. i build random decks and they work. and this could be good if he poidons u then life drain is an auto knock-out if heads

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

but you do need scramble and DRE

The japanese made Gallade/Absol. I didn't say Gallade/Absol is undefeatable, if I did show me. lolkthxbai. And saying "This deck could be good if you get heads" is about like saying Mario is good.

Yah, sorry for being a bit harsh there. I made myself look bad. As for help here it is...
Take out Bebe's search for Celio's and maybe take out 1-1 Toxicroak. As for this being a G&G counter... I think it could stand a chance but, it is only a chance (lucky flips, etc.). Also Gardy/Gallade only loses when Crystal Beach/Cessation Crystal comes out. Get some of those in there to hurt that deck. That is all.

Yeah, Crystal Beach and Cessation Crystal helps counter Gardilade,and take out Bebe's for Ceilio's.
And why are so many people being so harsh? How would you like it if this was your deck?

if they have an absol start against you... then tehy just sacrifice ans start sweeping with gardy how do you come back? i tried toxicroak and honestly it not very good. but i would def, add a skarmory to discourage retreating out of the posion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back